• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

sfroggy1 Interviews Ted Timmins from Lionhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookwyrm12

Reaction score
I'm sorry to say, but I never did like Fable 3. Customisation was severely limited, the maps felt much smaller since they were mostly just patches of nothingness (all regions in Fable TLC felt familiar, and the merchants and enemies that filled it made them feel considerably larger, so all in all the first felt the largest!), the final 1/3 of the game felt cliché, boring and uneventful, the final boss was predictable and cliché, the weapon morphing system was restricted, the map was insulting in its lack of helpfulness (it was extremely inaccurate, so I had to find my own way around everywhere, which as you can imagine was very awkward with the large maps!), the storyline was extremely linear even after becoming king, the new 'experience' system was terrible (why couldn't we go back to the Fable 1 experience system? I heard Peter Molyneux spoke to some people who had clearly never properly played Fable 2 and didn't know what the coloured orbs are for, but surely it crossed his mind to simply get rid of the colours and bring back the experience multiplier? Peter seems to love cliché these days!), and Ted, please don't insult us with that 'no more long difficult lists' garbage, running around is a lot more awkward than flicking through simple lists and you know it! Not to mention it limits how much you can buy and sell per shop! It takes twice as long to do anything now, between loading screens, running around, trying to find something decent, comparing things - it used to take seconds! And I wont spoil the last part of Fable 3 but I will say this - a 5 year old could have, must have, made this part of the game. Being king is so limited that it feels as though nothing has actually changed, and this great threat is so badly done that I don't even have the words to describe it!
My recommendation for this game - borrow it from a friend, buy it seventeenth hand, but what ever you do, don't pay full price for this like I did!

Status
Not open for further replies.