• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sheriff in Barrow Fields

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Sheriff in Barrow Fields

On my most recently created character in TLC, I completed the Trader Massacre quest in Barrow Fields. I've done this quest many times before, but to my surprise, a sheriff NPC showed up with the guards to fight me. It was the same as the one in Bowerstone North.

78201052341pm.jpg

78201052345pm.jpg

I've never seen this before. Have you seen this NPC anywhere in the game besides the one in Bowerstone North? Is this a normal occurrence? If so, what might have kept this NPC from being there in all the times I've played through the game before?

Oh, and I don't mod.

Arladerus

Unknown Paladin
Reaction score
Re: Sheriff in Barrow Fields

I think it's pretty safe to say if you don't mod, it's not a mod. I'm sure you know (seeing as everybody who has played Fable has done it) that when you kill guards, different waves of stronger guards would come to eventually black-clothed guards. I see some black-clothed guards in your picture too. Maybe the Sheriff is considered a black-guard? Or maybe the RNG used for the quest is different than regular guard-slaying.

Personally though, if I've seen it, I was probably too busy killing him with Infernal Wrath.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

It happens to me every single time I do that quest. Nothing new for me.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Arladerus;405331 said:
I think it's pretty safe to say if you don't mod, it's not a mod.

I know, I was just clearing that up in case somebody thought it was some mod I forgot about.

Arladerus;405331 said:
I'm sure you know (seeing as everybody who has played Fable has done it) that when you kill guards, different waves of stronger guards would come to eventually black-clothed guards. I see some black-clothed guards in your picture too. Maybe the Sheriff is considered a black-guard?

Well he definitely came with the black guards, that's for sure. But if I remember correctly, he seemed to be stronger than the red guards but weaker than the black ones.

§ephiroxa§;405370 said:
It happens to me every single time I do that quest. Nothing new for me.

That's strange. Any idea why he never showed up on my game before?

Daark

Reaction score

Hmm, it's never happened to me before, interesting.

jwc2200

Reaction score

Maybe the sheriff shows up if you do the quest at a certain point in the game and not in others.
Maybe(and this is just an example) he is there if you do the quest right after the 'Find the Bandit Seeress' quest(when it is first available), but not there if you take the quest later in the game and do it then.
I have played the game many, many times, but only done that quest 3 or 4 times, I am always a good hero, and I have never seen the sheriff.

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

jwc2200;406826 said:
Maybe the sheriff shows up if you do the quest at a certain point in the game and not in others.
Maybe(and this is just an example) he is there if you do the quest right after the 'Find the Bandit Seeress' quest(when it is first available), but not there if you take the quest later in the game and do it then.
I have played the game many, many times, but only done that quest 3 or 4 times, I am always a good hero, and I have never seen the sheriff.

Yes, I agree. You were probably too strong for weak type guards.