• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: shield

Yeah and i think we SHOULD have them *to get back on topic*

They are awesome in Oblivion, maybe you could enchant certain ones to do things like Reflect damage or absorb certain elemental attacks such as fire, ice, water, etc to give to more health or mana etc.

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

Have you ever noticed that the armour sellers that have an anvil say
"Swords, Axes, Sheild, Armour we got it" or something like that............they lie.:(

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Skorm's Son said:
"Swords, Axes, Sheild, Armour we got it" or something like that............they lie.:(

Never noticed but thats a good point!

B

blue crow

sheilds would be nice thunder had one and i awalys wanted to have a sheild.

Lupus

Reaction score

i would be happy if they were just those small arm mounted ones lol sheilds r sheilds as long as u can use em to block (not that in the first there was much need to block)

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Skorm's Son;10211 said:

because it's probably part of the pile of stuff that they left out.
Like when I'm bringing the trader to Orchard farm he always asks me if I've tried Farmer..somethings apple skrumpy and he asks me to take some. but I never recieve any.

Sheilds would be cool, except for the fact that I don't EVER gaurd.

E

ennio

there prolly wont be shields ... in a vid peter monyleux (cant spell lol) says there wont be a block button ... but there might be a shiel for just passive defensive +

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;29934 said:
because it's probably part of the pile of stuff that they left out.
Like when I'm bringing the trader to Orchard farm he always asks me if I've tried Farmer..somethings apple skrumpy and he asks me to take some. but I never recieve any.

ennio;29939 said:
there prolly wont be shields ... in a vid peter monyleux (cant spell lol) says there wont be a block button ... but there might be a shiel for just passive defensive +

Blocking in fable was very rare so i can understand why they might not include them...

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;29934 said:
Shields would be cool, except for the fact that I don't EVER guard.
I only don't guard/block coz I can't seem to manage it in time.

A shield would be pretty handy - if you don't use it to block you could always use it as a sledge in snowy areas to escape from the bad guys (or in my case, the guards and angry villagers).

D

darthlime101

Blocking with a shield would be sweet. You could purchase different shields depending if your a rouge, archer, warrior, thief or what not. I WANT SHIELDS!!!! OMFG! o_O

Seriously though, I block during the early stages of Fable, where three hits and your down for the count. Its also cool to block and cast lightning at someone. I like doing that. It looks cool, too.

R

Reaver

The whole not blocking thing is an idea and may not happen, and even with it a shield could just up your armour rating like any other armour does (it just means you can only have a one handed weapon so no big swords or bows) and it would make that battlecharge spell alot more fun.....

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;29934 said:

The better reason to add a block per centage to Shields! In Fable, I'd love to have it. Say there are three kinds, Small, Medium and Large Shield.

Each has 10%, 20% and 30% "Block Rate". The Block would work like this: Each time you would get hit by a blow for not hitting the block button, the shield's chance to block would come into the calculations, using it's chance to automaticly use the block feature.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;30141 said:
The better reason to add a block per centage to Shields! In Fable, I'd love to have it. Say there are three kinds, Small, Medium and Large Shield.

Each has 10%, 20% and 30% "Block Rate". The Block would work like this: Each time you would get hit by a blow for not hitting the block button, the shield's chance to block would come into the calculations, using it's chance to automaticly use the block feature.

...but I hate block...and sheilds..in any game..
I never use them.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Reaver;30169 said:
thn dont, use a bigger sword (or what ever)

*blink blink*...
WHAT?...
we were talking about the possibility of a sheild in fable 2. I haven't even played fable 2 yet..what the hell are you talking about.

R

Reaver

yeah but what i got from what you said is you think there shouldn't be a shield, i was just saying if there is it wont force you to use them. (not like those stupid dogs)

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Reaver;30172 said:
yeah but what i got from what you said is you think there shouldn't be a shield, i was just saying if there is it wont force you to use them. (not like those stupid dogs)

Why is a dog so stupid?
I will quite enjoy having a hell demon.

You haven't even gotten to play fable 2, let alone experience how the dog companion is, how can you say you don't want something if you haven't even seen what it does yet.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;30159 said:
...but I hate block...and sheilds..in any game..
I never use them.

To be honest so do I. Always take the biggest, hardest hitting weapon in the game and swing away - kill them before they kill you!:lol:

F

funky_fable

hey a sheild is nice but i think holding 2 swords is way better couse u get twice the hit dammage on an opponent

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Well I didn't say having a sheild would be completely dumb say if you wanted to be a will character. I just hope there's an option about using a sheild and not. I don't want to be forced too..that would suck..:(

I hope the [SIZE=-1]disipher[/SIZE] more between will and fighting characters. (MORE WILL USER OUTFITS!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.