• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

should i become mayor if offered?

A

arnlof

should i become mayor if offered?

ok i found the letter. gave it to the sherif, he has offered me the job, what happens if i accept or decline? is there an alignment change? no idea what choice i should make.

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score
Re: should i become mayor if offered?

accept. it doesnt really do anything, your just mayor. there are no special jobs and no modifier alignment. but you do get good points for exposing lady grey

A

Azrooh

arnlof;168251 said:
ok i found the letter. gave it to the sherif, he has offered me the job, what happens if i accept or decline? is there an alignment change? no idea what choice i should make.

Don't ever. Ever. EVER expose Lady Grey! Marrying her instead will give you NO allignment plus, minuses, and if you expose her the demon door won't let you get one of the cooler legendary weapons in the game. (Ronok the Axe.) If you don't want to use Ronok, then you can sell it for a nice 50,000 in Snowspire.

R

Rhadiel

depends if u want to be good or evil to expose her, i mean u alredy did, so u might as well be mayor, and if u do, u get access to the mansion, and if u have the silver keys, u can get the Hyru Katana or wat ever it is, which is pretty badass

PSYCHOPAT

Celtic Warrior
Reaction score

theres no downside to being mayor so why not.

T

teatime

You can access the mansion whether you choose to marry or expose her. But can you still fight Thunder and fall off that cliff if you expose her? Because there's a silver key down there. And without that key you cant get the 30 keys for the Archon armour.

S

SX7

From what I belive, you CANNOT fall off the cliff and fight thunder if you expose her. The whole reason for fighting him was to win Lady Grey. So sorry, but I don't belive you can.

jwc2200

Reaction score

teatime;180733 said:
You can access the mansion whether you choose to marry or expose her. But can you still fight Thunder and fall off that cliff if you expose her? Because there's a silver key down there. And without that key you cant get the 30 keys for the Archon armour.

The way I do it is go to B/S North before taking the Rescue the Archeaologist Quest. That way I can do all of the Mayor's Invitation Quest, including fight Thunder. After defeating Thunder and getting that key, do not return to Lady Grey, go to Barrow Fields, expose her or not, you get the key and Hiryu Katana whether you expose her or cover up the murder, as long as you become mayor if you expose her.

It takes 25 keys for Archon's Armor.

A

aeonbleu

SX7;180751 said:
From what I belive, you CANNOT fall off the cliff and fight thunder if you expose her. The whole reason for fighting him was to win Lady Grey. So sorry, but I don't belive you can.

yeah, you're right, you cant get that silver key from the bottom of the cliff if you expose her. i've played and beaten fable 3 times and each time ive chosen different routes of the game. fable lives up to the "choices affect the outcome" but the ending is still the same depending on the mask.

T

teatime

My mistake, 30 keys is for The Avenger :D

jwc2200

Reaction score

aeonbleu;180755 said:
yeah, you're right, you cant get that silver key from the bottom of the cliff if you expose her. i've played and beaten fable 3 times and each time ive chosen different routes of the game. fable lives up to the "choices affect the outcome" but the ending is still the same depending on the mask.

Fight Thunder before you expose her, it's that simple

P

PiNo RoKr

Dont Expose Lady Grey.
just yeah GET RONOK THE AXE
then go back to your house and beat your new wife :p

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Can you divorce Lady Grey?

P

PiNo RoKr

I WANT TO!
i beat her and she just doesn't seem to take the hint

D

Dezariane

I beat my wife sencelessly and she won't die so now i cant marry dat lady that owns the hair shop <.<

Jimbo1425

MASTER ASSASSIN
Reaction score

i hate that hair lady i walked into her shop and then she closed right then and i had to kill every guard in the town and then couldnt go back for in real time like an hour

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Jimbo1425;185308 said:
i hate that hair lady i walked into her shop and then she closed right then and i had to kill every guard in the town and then couldnt go back for in real time like an hour
LOL,Hm, you could have orbed out. Used the guild seal, and gone anywhere. That's what I do, when I'm stuck.:unsure:

DarkRage

Choose your fortune
Reaction score

dont be the mayor its suck, marry lady grey' she sexy' u get 10K and she sexy

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

If you play good, you'll get extra points for being good, and the money, for being mayor.:)