• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Should I get Fable III ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

nFaZe

Reaction score
Ive been searching through these forums lately have have been wondering wether to get this game. I have had Fable II and i thought it was a good game, decent length, ok-ish gameplay but it was very boring after i had completed the main story.
I was wondering if you guys could maybe post some user based reviews/opinions and maybe some posotive and negatives of Fable III and maybe some improvements ? Sorry if this has been posted before but i could really benefit from some current player opinions. Thanks.

- nFaZe

MarkGuilt

Chicken Chasin' Gun Slinger.
Reaction score
Well it really depends on your taste. What'd you like on Fable II? Determine this, compare it to Fable III's and decide if it is better or not.

For example, let's assume you liked Fable II's story (seriously? Just using an example). Well you'd LOVE Fable III, it has a better story, with MUCH better voice acting, and character development.

The Weapon System is different as well. No longer will you raise money to go and buy a Steel Flintlock Rifle, which you later sell for a Master Flintlock Rifle. You have the same weapons from the start as the end. Your weapons grow with you. Some do not like this, but PM SAID it was a feature, and he delivered. It's quite the feature, I like it.

The Expression Wheel is gone (yay for me!), and replaced with nothing more than little pop-ups floating around telling you the action and which button to press. No longer will you have to press RB, move the analog, choose an expression, etc; in Fable III you engage in a conversation, and press corresponding buttons to advance through it.

The Leveling is dumbed down, no more collecting experience to spend in a skill tree. You now fight, do quests, and other things for a new currency: Guild Seals. Guild Seals upgrade your weapons, magic, unlocks NEWER features, and other things.

The game has a HELLUVA lot better clothing than 2 does, though not as much. You see, you now have much better artistically fabulous clothing, with a MUCH better Dye System (to some, not so much to others).

The point is (after writing that wall of black nonsense) you should get it if you THINK you will like it. Buy it, try it; if you do not like it get your money back and buy Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

nFaZe

Reaction score
Well it really depends on your taste. What'd you like on Fable II? Determine this, compare it to Fable III's and decide if it is better or not.

For example, let's assume you liked Fable II's story (seriously? Just using an example). Well you'd LOVE Fable III, it has a better story, with MUCH better voice acting, and character development.

The Weapon System is different as well. No longer will you raise money to go and buy a Steel Flintlock Rifle, which you later sell for a Master Flintlock Rifle. You have the same weapons from the start as the end. Your weapons grow with you. Some do not like this, but PM SAID it was a feature, and he delivered. It's quite the feature, I like it.

The Expression Wheel is gone (yay for me!), and replaced with nothing more than little pop-ups floating around telling you the action and which button to press. No longer will you have to press RB, move the analog, choose an expression, etc; in Fable III you engage in a conversation, and press corresponding buttons to advance through it.

The Leveling is dumbed down, no more collecting experience to spend in a skill tree. You now fight, do quests, and other things for a new currency: Guild Seals. Guild Seals upgrade your weapons, magic, unlocks NEWER features, and other things.

The game has a HELLUVA lot better clothing than 2 does, though not as much. You see, you now have much better artistically fabulous clothing, with a MUCH better Dye System (to some, not so much to others).
The point is (after writing that wall of black nonsense) you should get it if you THINK you will like it. Buy it, try it; if you do not like it get your money back and buy Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.
I LOVE the fact your weapons grow with you and their appearence changes to whatever path you take ( Good/Bad ). And to be honest if the story is better than Fable II's then it must be good ( In my opinion ). I also hated the expression wheel too as it is some ways made me feel uncomftable ( WTF ) just because of the size and un needed room for it. Im curious about the way you level up on it but i guess thats what ill have to encounter when i actually play it.
Anyways MarkGuilt that has helped me alot . *LIKE*

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score

I actually liked the story in Fable 2...

Sir Robin

The Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot
Reaction score
I LOVE the fact your weapons grow with you and their appearence changes to whatever path you take ( Good/Bad ). And to be honest if the story is better than Fable II's then it must be good ( In my opinion ). I also hated the expression wheel too as it is some ways made me feel uncomftable ( WTF ) just because of the size and un needed room for it. Im curious about the way you level up on it but i guess thats what ill have to encounter when i actually play it.

Bear in mind, some of the things that SOUND like pluses at first end up being minuses in practice (at least for some people). For example, yeah, there's no big clunky expression wheel... but that means you have no choice of whether you're going to dance with/hug/tickle some guy if you want to be friends with him or haggle down his prices. It depends on whatever the game decides you're going to do to them.

The leveling is really dumbed down quite a bit. You have significantly fewer choices and customizations to make to your character.

The clothing that there is does look cool, I'll give the game that. But as MarkGuilt said, there isn't much of it. I have yet to find an outfit I liked better than the outfit I started with, and I have about eight. The dye system is better than Fable II for sure.

The weapon morphing definitely is cool, and your weapons look different based on things you do. But you don't get to choose which things you do modify the look - my hammer took on a copper color because I dig up a lot of dig spots, for instance. :ermm:

I do enjoy the real estate system. It feels more in-depth and fun, and gets you great profits even though you don't make money when not playing.

And MarkGuilt is right about the story - much more involved and exciting, and the choices feel bigger.

So, after writing my own giant wall of text - I agree, you should buy the game! Even if some of the features aren't up to snuff, it's a must-have if you loved Fable II.

MarkGuilt

Chicken Chasin' Gun Slinger.
Reaction score
I actually liked the story in Fable 2...
Bear in mind, some of the things that SOUND like pluses at first end up being minuses in practice (at least for some people). For example, yeah, there's no big clunky expression wheel... but that means you have no choice of whether you're going to dance with/hug/tickle some guy if you want to be friends with him or haggle down his prices. It depends on whatever the game decides you're going to do to them.

The leveling is really dumbed down quite a bit. You have significantly fewer choices and customizations to make to your character.

The clothing that there is does look cool, I'll give the game that. But as MarkGuilt said, there isn't much of it. I have yet to find an outfit I liked better than the outfit I started with, and I have about eight. The dye system is better than Fable II for sure.

The weapon morphing definitely is cool, and your weapons look different based on things you do. But you don't get to choose which things you do modify the look - my hammer took on a copper color because I dig up a lot of dig spots, for instance. :ermm:

I do enjoy the real estate system. It feels more in-depth and fun, and gets you great profits even though you don't make money when not playing.

And MarkGuilt is right about the story - much more involved and exciting, and the choices feel bigger.

So, after writing my own giant wall of text - I agree, you should buy the game! Even if some of the features aren't up to snuff, it's a must-have if you loved Fable II.

Would it now be safe to say I do not even own a Copy of Fable III? I will not own one until C-Mas, and No I have not played the game, or even seen the disc physically.

Reaction score
I would say if you find fable 2 boring after the story dont get fable 3 (or at least i wouldent recomend it) its got an incredibly short story. The real fun comes from side quests, demon doors, interacting with villagers, shooting gnomes, exploring etc, it will be a verry short experience if you just go for the story but if you go for alot of the things ive said its fun (to me anyways) and adds 60+ hours to the game not to mention second playthroughs!!!

Thats just my opinion though ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.