• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

should i let a expert do it?

darkblossom

rukia kuchiki
Reaction score
i just brought a new graphics card should i put it in or get a expert to do it for me

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
i just brought a new graphics card should i put it in or get a expert to do it for me

Put it in yourself. It's not hard. Normally it's the most top slot. It should be labeled either PCIex16 or AGPx8.

You don't want someone putting it in for you and charging you 20 to 40 dollars for 5 minutes of their time.

What kind of GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) / graphics/video card did you buy?

Don't forget to uninstall your old graphics card (even if it's onboard your motherboard). Also, make sure to install the drivers for your new GPU either from the disc or download it.

If you need more help, post here and I'll try.

Like I said before, I used to co-own a computer shop back home.

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
i brought a nvida geforce gtx 460

Good choice.

Anything above that card is for power users who simply want to show off their epeen size online.

In fact, I just recently bought 4gb g. Skill ripjaw memory.

Im also going to buy myself Christmas presents this year, which consists of:

AMD AM3 motherboard
Windows 7 Home 64 bit
AMD Phenom II 6 core processor
GTX 460 1gb 256 bit

I'm pretty excited. Finally getting my rig up and running.

darkblossom

rukia kuchiki
Reaction score
i opened up the computer i saw where to put it but wires were all over the placed they were fixed together with small plasitc hoops so what do i do now

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
You shouldn't have to remove any wires. Make sure your computer is off, infact, just unplug it from the wall.

Now try and fit your GPU into its slot.

If you have to unplug some wires, do so, but REMEMBER where they plugged into.

Now when placing the GPU into the slot, a way to know it's in correctly is on the side(s) of the slot there should be these latches that should automatically start locking the GPU into the slot.

Once you feel like the GPU is in placd properly, make sure the latches are fully inward, locking the GPU down.

Now secure the GPU by screwing in a screw in the back section of your computer case, so the backside of your GPU where the VGA and HM or HD ports are to plug in your monitor, should be connected to you computer case.

Now locate your power supply, which is the piece inside the computer that the power cable from the walls electrical socket plugs into on your computer.

I believe the gtx 460 uses two PCIe power connectors, which are four prong connectors, so find two wires from you power supply that both have four prongs and plug them into your GPU.

Now close up your computer case, uninstall your old graphics card (I'm assuming yours is onboard, which means it came with your motherboard and is part of your motherboard) through your component manager.

Then install your new GPU by using the disc it came with.

Plug your monitor into your new GPU and you're done.