• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sig Battle #28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
This battle's theme is mechanical stuff. Not really much else to say on that. :lol: Make yer sigs!

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Ooh, Mechanical stuff. As in, robots/steampunk/spaceships/elevators/anything mechanical? Me likes. I'll see what I can do, yesh...

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
MechaFriezaSig.png

I think it's one of my better ones.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Cool theme, I like that mech Frieza....

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
this time i'm 100% sure i'll win. i built my own robot for christ sake.
cheezr.jpg

lol seriously... i put a ton of work into another sig and i'm thinking of just doing stuff in paint until it meets a criteria for a sig battle. i'm extremely confident in it, but you all will have to wait and see :)

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
So...is that a serious entry? :lol:

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Looks like I'm out. Won't have time. :(

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Before I start the poll, I'd just like to say something. First of all, I understand why someone would enter something like what Cheez entered, and I understand why someone would vote for it. Y'know, for laughs and such things. I get it, I really do. It's just that I don't think it's worth it to have people vote something like that the winner when others have actually put work and effort into their signatures. I realize that some of you may have been being sarcastic when talking about Cheez's sig, but as we all know, it's difficult to convey something like sarcasm in text. I'm not going to exclude Cheez from this battle because I still think it can be good to do something like this to just mess around and chuckle about, but all I'm saying is we shouldn't take it too far and deprive others who have put time into their sigs of the opportunity to win that they may very well deserve. Just think about it before you vote.

And for those of you who are assuming that I'm saying all of this merely for the furtherance of my own signature's potential success, I can assure you that that is not the case. While the events of this sig battle's entry thread were what caused this miniature speech, these guidelines are to apply to all sig battles, past, present, and future. If you are still skeptical, you'll just have to take my word for it. Otherwise, there's little more I can do to convince you that this is not just a simple selfish act.

jb0wns

Sword Pro ;)
Reaction score
Before I start the poll, I'd just like to say something. First of all, I understand why someone would enter something like what Cheez entered, and I understand why someone would vote for it. Y'know, for laughs and such things. I get it, I really do. It's just that I don't think it's worth it to have people vote something like that the winner when others have actually put work and effort into their signatures. I realize that some of you may have been being sarcastic when talking about Cheez's sig, but as we all know, it's difficult to convey something like sarcasm in text. I'm not going to exclude Cheez from this battle because I still think it can be good to do something like this to just mess around and chuckle about, but all I'm saying is we shouldn't take it too far and deprive others who have put time into their sigs of the opportunity to win that they may very well deserve. Just think about it before you vote.

And for those of you who are assuming that I'm saying all of this merely for the furtherance of my own signature's potential success, I can assure you that that is not the case. While the events of this sig battle's entry thread were what caused this miniature speech, these guidelines are to apply to all sig battles, past, present, and future. If you are still skeptical, you'll just have to take my word for it. Otherwise, there's little more I can do to convince you that this is not just a simple selfish act.

yeah dont worry m8 i prob ewont vote for cheezs i only put for lols

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

yeah, okay. all that's well and good, but there've been people who obviously have a real problem with it... and not in the way you do. sure you may be annoyed, but you came out and talked about it. there've been a lot of regular posters who just didn't bother and lurked. admittedly this entree was a complete and total joke, but i was of the impression that a persons reasonss for voting for something was not able to be questioned. if i created something unbelievably simplistic and childish, but it made people laugh, who's to say they can't vote for it?
these sig battles are determined by mass appeal, not quality. i can safely say that there is no correlation between how beautiful and aesthetically pleasing a sig is and how well it performs in the polls. the fact that i almost won should serve as proof of that. i may not have put "work and effort" into the visuals of the sig, but who's to say i can't submit a sig that's had a lot of effort put into it's concept or message?

there have been plenty of people deprived. everyone puts tons of work into what they submit to these sig battles, and only one person is named the winner. i don't see why i've been sensing so much hostility towards my entry given that, and why all of this is suddenly being brought into question because of it. if that 45 second MS pain product makes people laugh, why shouldn't it win?
this isn't the louvre for christs sake.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
If you sensed any hostility from my post, I'm sorry. That's not at all how I intended it.

these sig battles are determined by mass appeal, not quality.

I beg to differ. That was the reason for my post.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
If you sensed any hostility from my post, I'm sorry. That's not at all how I intended it.

I beg to differ. That was the reason for my post.
yeah? then how come godfather sloth was within a vote from winning? or 30 seconds in MS paint almost got me a victory this week? the winner is determined by whatever the voters feel should be on top. if the majority vote for photoshop effect mastery, then that's what will win.
if they vote for some thing clever that isn't even by most standards a sig (my entry this week, drodeds comic) then that's what'll win.
i'm not mad at you necro, i'm mad because of how people all of a sudden reacted to what i posted in a negative and discriminatory way.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
yeah? then how come godfather sloth was within a vote from winning? or 30 seconds in MS paint almost got me a victory this week?

I understand that that's the way it is. What I mean is it shouldn't be that way. When I started these sig battles, I had the intention of the winner being the person whose sig looked the best, the person whose sig was the most well done. I didn't really expect it to turn the way that it did and allow people to win based on something like their signature's comedic value, so I was kind of caught off guard and didn't really know what to do about it. It wasn't something that had happened when I ran these sig battles on another forum.

i'm mad because of how people all of a sudden reacted to what i posted in a negative and discriminatory way.

I was unaware that others had made similar comments about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.