• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sig Battle #28

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRF

The Original Sparrow
Reaction score
I'd just like to chime in and say that I voted for cheezMcNASTY because I thought his did look the best.

Rano

Legend
Reaction score
Lol I guess I missed a lot while I was gone.

Anyways the ones who are interested in my opinion can continue reading the others can just click away and do something else.

As Necro said it clearly was done as joke either if it should be allowed or not is discussable. Since I came here I have noticed the majority of the voters don't look at the time someone put in a signature anyways. Or how the quality is, only a select few people who vote keep those things in mind. Mostly people tend to vote for a sig which has their favorite character, person or whatever on it rather then voting for something which consumed loads of time and energy and is quality wise ways better. But if it's like that then so be it. I don't mind making a sig which I spend hours on and which won't win it's the game play it smart and you'll win. I don't participate to win I go for the challenge and I like to work on PS, sometimes I create something and beforehand I know that I won't win. If I win alright I won't say I ain't happy but the point is that the thing of those sig battles rather should be for the fun and excitement then purely for the win. Also I don't mind at all if I think that someone else made a worse sig then me and got more votes. I can understand some do mind but come on it's just a game. Well that's it I guess. Oh yeah before I forget Necro the voters won't change. For the ones who want to win I can just tell them to play smart like Cheez did either if it was meant as joke doesn't matter if that's the way you can get votes then why not use it. This was enough I guess.

Just a simple example.

Theme is "music"

Necro makes an awesome sig about Justin bieber
Someone else makes draws U2 in Photoshop in like 3 minutes and looks ugly like hell.

Still the drawing of U2 will win because majority dislikes Justin Bieber and like or at least like more U2.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
^ pretty much.
but there is some sort of method to it beyond that. i think that quality is most commonly voted for. if you look at the history of winners... §ephiroxa§ and Gikoku Harakami have either won or tied for massive numbers of entered battles. Rano, you've won several as well. the point i'm trying to make here is this: there are one of 2 possible reasons things are the way they are with that.
1.) Gikoku, §ephi, yourself, and others who have won numerous times are just simply better than the rest of us and are therefore much more likely to come out on top. that's what i think it is.
2.) people get used to voting for specific people. if on my first entry, the competition wasn't too tough and i put out my best work, the history of victories says that there's a really good chance of me winning in the future.

in the case of this particular battle, i think it was just lucky playing on the boredom. both times i've entered joke sigs they haven't won. but they were both in relatively smaller and unentered rounds. 2-3 entries total for the both of them. i literally only make them when i want to enter, but for the life of me i can't think of a theme, or a good character, or i'm just generally uninspired by the topic.
it's what i tend to do in school, too. honestly, if you're offended by it i'm sorry, but there really shouldn't be rules changed just because a sig is unconventional or aimed to be more humorous than artsy. you'd have to go back and amend drodeds victory if that was the case. and i don't want that, you don't want that, and i'm sure droded doesn't want that either.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score
I notice my name has been used, and I'd just like to point out the comic which I submitted as a signature took several hours more than Cheez's this week.

Who says something can't be humorous and of high quality? Don't argue about trivial matters like joke sigs, just remind people to keep in mind the amount of time and work people put into their submissions.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
As Necro said it clearly was done as joke either if it should be allowed or not is discussable. Since I came here I have noticed the majority of the voters don't look at the time someone put in a signature anyways. Or how the quality is, only a select few people who vote keep those things in mind. Mostly people tend to vote for a sig which has their favorite character, person or whatever on it rather then voting for something which consumed loads of time and energy and is quality wise ways better. But if it's like that then so be it. I don't mind making a sig which I spend hours on and which won't win it's the game play it smart and you'll win. I don't participate to win I go for the challenge and I like to work on PS, sometimes I create something and beforehand I know that I won't win. If I win alright I won't say I ain't happy but the point is that the thing of those sig battles rather should be for the fun and excitement then purely for the win. Also I don't mind at all if I think that someone else made a worse sig then me and got more votes. I can understand some do mind but come on it's just a game. Well that's it I guess. Oh yeah before I forget Necro the voters won't change. For the ones who want to win I can just tell them to play smart like Cheez did either if it was meant as joke doesn't matter if that's the way you can get votes then why not use it. This was enough I guess.

I think you're missing the point a little bit, but it's related, so I'll address it along with Cheez's post.

honestly, if you're offended by it i'm sorry, but there really shouldn't be rules changed just because a sig is unconventional or aimed to be more humorous than artsy. you'd have to go back and amend drodeds victory if that was the case. and i don't want that, you don't want that, and i'm sure droded doesn't want that either.

I'm not offended, it's just that I don't like how these sig battles are turning away from how I intended them to be. Voting is supposed to be based on aesthetic beauty, time and effort spent, and overall quality. I realize that this will probably come over as douchey, arrogant, or self-centered, but these are my sig battles. I created them with the intention of them being competitions of the aforementioned voting guidelines. It's not a comedy competition.

Who says something can't be humorous and of high quality?

It can be. There's no doubt that yours was. The humorous part shouldn't be what influences voting though. Obviously that can't really be regulated, but these competitions just aren't about comedy.

just remind people to keep in mind the amount of time and work people put into their submissions.

That's exactly what I did.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
I realize that this will probably come over as douchey, arrogant, or self-centered, but these are my sig battles. I created them with the intention of them being competitions of the aforementioned voting guidelines. It's not a comedy competition.
you're right, that did come off as douchey. :/

you may have started the sig battles, and you may run them, but if you were to quit doing so i bet my bottom dollar someone would come along and take over. when sean stopped doing fable trivia, it seemed to become your ship, right? that doesn't make it yours. that makes you the current talk-show host.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
you may have started the sig battles, and you may run them, but if you were to quit doing so i bet my bottom dollar someone would come along and take over. when sean stopped doing fable trivia, it seemed to become your ship, right? that doesn't make it yours. that makes you the current talk-show host.

I'm not sure why you mentioned the Fable trivia in the way that you did, but that is a completely different situation. I didn't start it, Sean never officially said, "Necromancer, the Fable trivia is yours," and he had been planning to start it up again last month. Obviously he wasn't able to go through with continuing it last month, but that's beside the point. All of that indicates it belongs to Sean, not me. None of that ever happened with the sig battles. If it did, and somebody else was running them at some point, that would be a different story. Depending on the totality of the circumstances in that situation, they might still be considered mine, but they might not be. However, the potential for that happening does not take away from the fact that these are my sig battles right now.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you mentioned the Fable trivia in the way that you did, but that is a completely different situation. I didn't start it, Sean never officially said, "Necromancer, the Fable trivia is yours," and he had been planning to start it up again last month. Obviously he wasn't able to go through with continuing it last month, but that's beside the point. All of that indicates it belongs to Sean, not me. None of that ever happened with the sig battles. If it did, and somebody else was running them at some point, that would be a different story. Depending on the totality of the circumstances in that situation, they might still be considered mine, but they might not be. However, the potential for that happening does not take away from the fact that these are my sig battles right now.

host
–noun
a master of ceremonies, moderator, or interviewer for atelevision or radio program.

i mentioned the fable trivia because it's an event that changed hosts. the reason it ended was because the last host (i.e. you) stopped doing events and nobody could be bothered to keep it going. it didn't belong to sean after he left, how could it? he may have called it "Seans Fable Trivia" but after leaving if he had wanted to come back, and you didn't want him to you would have been within your rights in telling him to buzz off.

whether you do or don't leave isn't relevant. point is, you started them. that makes you the founder. whether or not you do leave doesn't change the fact that anyone else could choose to take over if you did. this event is separate from you in that respect. how the audience behaves, the nature of submissions, or anything of the like is not your property. so yes, in loose terms the sig battles are yours but only because you host them. they are yours in the loosest of terms because they don't need you to keep going.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I still consider the sig battles to be mine, but even as a mere current host, why wouldn't I be able to make rules regarding what I've been talking about? I understand what you're saying about me not owning the sig battles (though I still don't agree), but I don't see how that could keep me from making rules of any kind. Even if I officially left the sig battles and somebody else took over, as the current host, wouldn't that person be allowed to create new rules or regulations? Yes, of course, so why couldn't I?

jb0wns

Sword Pro ;)
Reaction score
look to an extent both of you are right so how about you both bite your lip and pretend this has never even happened

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
look to an extent both of you are right so how about you both bite your lip and pretend this has never even happened
i'll take it to private chat since it seems to be bothering you.
:)

jb0wns

Sword Pro ;)
Reaction score
i'll take it to private chat since it seems to be bothering you.
:)

lol sorry i didnt mean it nastiliy its just that you both make a god point and that you shouldnt both kepp going on about it. the sigg battle finished like 2 weeks ago and you still continue and i dont see why

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
lol sorry i didnt mean it nastiliy its just that you both make a god point and that you shouldnt both kepp going on about it. the sigg battle finished like 2 weeks ago and you still continue and i dont see why
lol i don't want to start heated discussions with two different people in the same thread, but our debate is separate from this particular sig battle. me and necro had a long *facepalm*ingly deep discussion about whether the hooded figure in roses letter was jack or scythe. we're used to butting heads, dude. anyway, i've already taken it to PMs so this thread can start sinking down the barrow fields list of topics.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
me and necro had a long *facepalm*ingly deep discussion about whether the hooded figure in roses letter was jack or scythe.

I would just like to point out that I turned out to be right. :steve:

Too much? :/

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
I would just like to point out that I turned out to be right. :steve:

Too much? :/
considering that we were at a logical impass and you didn't win the debate, yeah too much. especially considering that i only set out to not be disproved, rather than to prove you wrong. you didn't win even if your side turned out to be the correct one.
:ermm:

EDIT: might be a good idea to reply to the PM i sent you last night rather than keep posting here dude. it's just gonna get locked if we keep this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.