• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Singing Sword Riddle!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SorenSwift

Berserker
Reaction score
Singing Sword Riddle!?

On an incredible search I have come bye some extremely valueable information posted on a form it is a riddle for the treasures of albion!
The Better Bard Riddle (POTENTIAL FABLE SPOILER)​
Since the US release of Fable last week there has been a lot of forum activities across the board and wide speculation of possible secrets within the game. Many more obvious secrets were found easily, yet the developers have suggested that there perhaps could be a lot more if you scratch beneath the surface.

It has been widely reported that completion of the games main story can be done quite quickly, however with the wide array of “Other” things to do this greatly adds far more onto the game for those who choose to dig deeper.

In the game world there are many loose ends in the story and the fact that players can continue to be a hero long after the credits have finished. It is at this juncture that players can begin the quest for other elements in the game. One clue or reference in the game is from a singing Bard character who sings to you a status report on your activities throughout the game (after paying 10 gold of course). There is one singing Bard in every town in the game except one. One of the things the Bards mention is finding a Better Bard who may be able to tell you more. Well so far the users of various Forums have not found a better Bard in game. However yesterday on Xbox.com a new user calling himself The Better Bard appeared. This user then went on throughout the day posting supposed hints about the games secrets in verse and in character from the game world.

As with many my first reaction and one that perhaps still remains with many is that this is an elaborate hoax by someone who has way too much time on their hands. Looking at what the Better Bard has posted does seem plausible, something inside tells me that this could actually turn out to be genuine. At the end of the day its up to gamers to decide whether they believe or not, (kind of like Santa Claus). I suppose we will find out soon enough if someone can crack the riddles and discover something new in the game or the hoaxer comes clean. Either way lets take a look at what The Better Bard has posted. We will continue to update as the story unfolds but as of now no-one has worked out the clues yet so get your thinking caps on.

If you wish to discuss this article then visit our forums here

'Neath a shady tree nearby the Glade, Lies a secret that you know we've made. 'Tis the key to more adventures great, For those of you who simply cannot wait.

A statue ticks away the time of day, The mighty arm outstretched doth point the way. When clouds are none and sun shines bright and true, That's the time to try to find the clue.

In a Northern land so far from home, You may wish to go and freely roam. For if one looks in just the right place, Thou shalt see that which possesses grace.

The mighty beast of old is not just lore, And if you're interested in hearing more, This challenge I do give both here and now: Tell me what you found beneath the bough.

Your contemplation is both long and deep, For this one more reward you all shall reap. My words which follow are the simple truth, To find their meaning one must be a sleuth. A boat both wide and tall you may just board, If only you can find the Singing Sword. For this you must destroy the fearsome Jack; And only then may you locate the track. A building thin and tall stands in the snow, Nearby lies the secret you wish to know

That which you seek you will find quickly, If first you do not visit the large tree. Even then this will not be easy, Unless you find a certain NPC. And for you who doubt that I am real, I don't blame you for the way you feel. Trust is a virtue both strong and rare, The truth is what I speak to you, I swear!

Terrae for you I'll tell you what you want, Since you do not poke fun or jaunt or taunt. The books indeed are very fun to read, But you'll need them not for to succeed.

Who or what or why never again, The only thing that matters now is when.

If you took the life of him you seek, He would surely not be keen to speak. Worry not though because just at dawn, The man you're after will in fact respawn.

The torch that you seek just might be the link, But not in the way that you might first think. Open your minds to other ways of play, And extra stuff you just might find today.

Another clue might do you all some good, So perhaps I'll talk about the wood. Within a grove you'll find an ancient trick Which might be handy for your precious stick.

Have you wondered why it can't be sold? The stick you have is verily quite old. The first thing you received might be the key, To unlocking this most wond'rous myst'ry.

Work not too hard for it will be in vain, And surely cause you a great deal of pain. The secret that you work so hard to chase Is actually right there before your face. Once you know it you will surely feel Happy that you owned your great Guild Seal. The answer to this quest is obvious, When you think not; “him” nor “her” but “us”

Methinks it time to spill another hint, Your trusty spade shall not give off a glint When near the spot to dig you doth go near, Unless first you've drunk down some nice cold beer.

I said not drunk when last I gave a clue, Such 'sumptions will only make you quite blue. But if this way you feel you must construe, You'll find it difficult when you walk through.

If an easy riddle's what you want, I might be able to be nonchalant. In South Bowerstone there is a gal, Who absolutely will not be your pal. She'll tell you something that you want to know, If only you can figure where to go.

This next rhyme might not be such a clue, But rather something small from me to you. By Avo's smile and Skorn's great wrath you'll see Just how much more there is to this great key.

A few points here I will now clarify, Though my info I shalln't verify: You may reach the Final Quest any time, But to do so later is sublime. When South I sang I'm certain South I meant, The one you seek might well hide in a tent. As for the clue that ties all the loose ends, Try first to solve it on your own my friends!

To Kess0r I shall sing a little song, Pay heed my words and you shall not go wrong: The Northern Wastes are indeed what they are, Going there won't get you very far. With the stick you'll know just what to do In just the spot and with a foaming brew. On the Silver Chest I shall not sing, Though its contents are fit for a King. You'll need the Singing Sword to board the boat, Unless you find a certain way to float.

To those of you who doubt about the tent, 'Tis no subject on which you should resent; The occupant will dare not be present Until a bit of time nearby is spent.

The time has come for your next major tip, It has to do with that you must equip. A certain stick I've sang of oft before, But of that I shall sing not one note more. Instead the other stick is what you'll need To accomplish this most dangerous deed. The location of this other stick you wish, What if I were to tell you its for fish? Use it in a spot where the undead meet, To reward yourselves with something most ...

O NeoLink to you I shall say this (For if I don't I'd surely be remiss): Both sticks you'll need to do some nifty things Including get that which is fit for kings.

To bullanthony I can only say this: Search carefully back through the great abyss. The answer you seek I've already sung; I sang it myself with my very tongue. 'Tween the lines you just might have to look, Or if you're having trouble --- go to Hook!
Posted By: Robert Cram
Date: 2004-09-23

A

Arckon

Re: Singing Sword Riddle!?

First clue
shady tree at Knothole Glade
Second clue
under the tavern in bowerstone
third clue
Snowspire
fourth clue
beneath a tree branch(unsure where)
fifth clue
the necropilus(i beleave)
sixth clue
search for an npc under a large tree?
seventh clue
don't look in books for clues
eigth clue
search for an iteam of the past(guess)
ninth clue
it's oaky to kill that certain npc so DO IT!!
tenth clue
a clue close or under the torch?
11th clue
the stick is the key so KEEP IT!!

A

Arckon

13th clue
listen closly to your guild seal???
14th clue
being drunk shows the secret way?
15th clue
the door is permiable(can walk trough)??
16th clue
well every body that's a girl in bowerstone loves me so look for a kid girl who hate you?
17th clue
need skorms bow, and avo's tear??
18th clue
head south the npc who hate you is there in a tent??
19th clue
once you get off the boat get off the dock head right then down the path walk into the water with your stick out?
20th clue
wait for the person in the tent?
21stclue
fish were the undead meet(not sure where)
22end clue
keep both sticks there key?
23rd clue
the abby where the key for the sword of aeons lies, it's in hookcoast!!!

SorenSwift

Berserker
Reaction score

I think the tent in the south is either twinblades tent or the small tent in barrow fields outside oakvale.

A

Arckon

all the clues I took a guess, don't blame me If you find nothin

SorenSwift

Berserker
Reaction score

Hey I just hope your a good guesser lol.

A

Arckon

some of the riddle were quite odvious. But when It come to riddles I am pretty good but these ones were tough

B

blu phoenix

let's just hope that someone is right...

A

Arckon

By the way who is this better bard guy, I'm king of the bards!!!!! l
v
v
v
v
v
v
see

B

blu phoenix

i am sure you did...after all arc you are very good with riddles and such.

A

Arckon

ya I thank the guy but he crossed the line. If i ever see him I'll challenge him to a bard bash

SorenSwift

Berserker
Reaction score

If their really is some ultimate treasure.

A

Arckon

Wait. you came here just today, right.
Well I think your the better bard.
To come in here with that kind of info.
I challenge thee to a bard bash
fighter.gif

A

Arckon

he hasn't excepted yet blu plus a newbie with that kindof info
plus i'm kidding

B

blu phoenix

arc you are really something...still king of the bards though.

A

Arckon

awe shucks :blush: ya I know I'm king
king.gif
and only one way to lose my lord ship is some one to beat me at a bard bash

Status
Not open for further replies.