• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Skorm's Bow

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Nameless

Skorm's Bow

When do you have to sacrifice the people to Skorm (at the Chapel of Skorm) to get Skorm's Bow??? (I love using bows, and I thought that the Master Bow was the best bow... but then i saw Skorm's Bow on this site and thought :w00t: what an amazing bow!)

plz, can anyone tell me how to get it???

C

Crazyarms

Re: Skorm's Bow

im not exaclt sure how to get it, but i do know that you can:

get it at anytime of the game. I think you have to sacrifce a certain amount of people (3 i think) at one time.

Ranger

Legendary Swordsman
Reaction score

I got bandits from the bandit camp to come with me to Skorms Temple. And 'charm' village to come. Another way is to hire body guards.

U

Ulicus

It's nothing to do with the number of people - it's about the time.

Midnight.

Sacrifice *any* person at midnight. Voila, Skorm's Bow.

Midnight always equals the maximum amount of evil points you can get from that particular follower (which varies on whether or not they're good/your wife/etc).

Edited - Dark Drakan

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Well, it won't always happen perfectly, your going to have to try a few times per say. Also, the more good you are, the higher the chances are as well. I rememeber when I tried it once, I was almost completely good, and when I went to get it I got after the second try.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Seigfried is correct, there are numerous factors which influence you earning Skorm's Bow. But apparently the higher 'good' alignment you are, the higher your chance of succes is. And as Ulicus said, you must also perform the sacrifice(s) at around midnight.

Ranger

Legendary Swordsman
Reaction score

So being evil in this case is another disadvantage

T

The Nameless

It worked like projectego said. I sacrificed two bodyguards at around 3 AM, then I got the Skorm's Bow and +541 evil. Note: I got the bow when I sacrificed the second bodyguard.

I was almost max evil, and still I got the bow...

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Just another shot of the luck factor. Oh and even though it may be a disadvantage of evil to have to be good to raise the chances, its more or less a large advantage when getting the Sentinus.

S

Skorm_Knight

It took me quite a few mercenaries to get the skorm's bow. I finally got the skorm's bow when I sacrificed a mercenary for 283 evil points. Oh, and the "perfect" time isn't midnight, it's random.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

That's not true, cuase if you were to sacrifice at midnight can rais the evil gain and any of the benefits with it. Believe me, I've taken the time to study this and other theories.

S

Skorm_Knight

Seigfried said:
That's not true, cuase if you were to sacrifice at midnight can rais the evil gain and any of the benefits with it. Believe me, I've taken the time to study this and other theories.
I've gotten the "perfect" time at various times. It's not just midnight.

U

Ulicus

Yeah, because it isn't set you can get the perfect result at any time, BUT it is heavily in favour of midnight. Midnight (or, more accurately, getting the sacrifice to happen around same the time as "Lights out you 'orrible lot", that is) always equals the top amount of evil or near for me, whilst any other time is most often 'pittance', though can *very occasionally* be higher. Time was when I used to go with luck and hope for the best, now I get Skorm's bow first time every time. That cannot be a coincidence.

To use a s*it analogy - if you walk down the street, there's a chance you might see a dog. If you go to a dogshow, you're guaranteed to see a dog. Midnight is the dogshow. I've also heard that the exact point between day and night is supposed to be a sweet spot too... but it never has for me.

I mean, there are other factors to consider - because it's dependant on how many evil points you recieve, so it's easier for good characters. Much like you have to donate far less as an evil character to get all the cool stuff from the temple of Avo.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Good explanation Ulicus, couldn't have better said it better myself.

R

raistlin

i have gotten skorm's bow every time I have played through the game(except for my first time through the game) and all i do is go at midnight and sacrifice the "good" mercenaries at the temple of Avo and Oakvale but i save before i sacrifice them just in case it doesn't work and if it doesn't it always works after i reload the game.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

I only got Skorms bow the first time I ever played through the original. I havent gotten it since.

N

ntropi

My first post, everyone welcome me. Ha, or not. Anyway, I hope to shed some light on the situation. I read somewhere that the success at the chapel depended on your alignment. A neutral character should sacrifice at midnight and good and bad characters should sacrifice at 6 AM or 6 PM respectively. I, being fully good, sacrificed at 6 AM... that's assuming 6 AM is with the night on the left and day on the right of the "clock" and midnight is with night on top and day on bottom. I still haven't figured out the timing. Anyway, I got the bow when I sacrificed at 6 AM exactly as the mercenary(Oakvale) took his pay. In the original Fable I spent hours donating at midnight and couldn't get it. I was fully good that time too. So maybe somebody who has more time then I do can test it a few times, along with the theory of midnight for any alignment. Maybe we can figure out a consistent way to get the bow.

T

The Nameless

Well folks, I have discovered the best way to get Skorm's Bow:

Just sacrifice the bodyguard outside the Temple of Avo after 2 AM, and the bow is yours (even if your alignment is at the evil side). I got +532 towards evil:lol:

S

Skorms Slayer

If u r evil, donate a crapload of money to the temple of avo, heck u could get the Sentius while ur there if u like, then once ur very good, get the good merc there or at oakvale and sacrifice em.

F

Fable_Fan005

:realmad:i alredy have the title and age (i think) but no bow:realmad:

lol i went to try and get the bow like 10 mins after i posted and got it

Status
Not open for further replies.