• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Skyrim: Hearthfire Add-On

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score

AKA Skyrim meets The Sims (let the terrible puns begin). As the title says, this is an add-on, not a major expansion a la Dawnguard so don't go expecting a flood of content to drown yourself in. The focus of Hearthfire is the new ability to create your own home after purchasing land, but in addition to that you can expect additional features such as child adoption with basic parenting, gardening, and so on. It'll be available for download on XBL next Tuesday for 400 MSP.​

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
Lulz, I like the end.

Looks interesting, ill probably end up getting it, raising an adopted army of misfits

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Cheap price and a nice little update, looks pretty good actually.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Cheap price and a nice little update, looks pretty good actually.

Aye, hope they do more of this to keep filling in the gaps between the major expansions.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Aye, hope they do more of this to keep filling in the gaps between the major expansions.

Yeah I dont mind so long as its interesting content and its not 1200 points per one, 400 is a decent price though. Skyrim is going to end up costing me a fortune at this rate. However im more than happy to pay it as the gameplay time you get from it is well worth the cash.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
SO EXCITED! Getting this on the day of release thanks to some leftover points from my birthday.

Not adopting no kids though unless I can be mean to them. I like being mean to kids.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Figured Angel's jimmies would be rustled.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Skyrim: The Lost Chapters.

Reaction score
Just finished a recent playthrough after getting Dawnguard, will have to give it a while before getting this and playing again.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
I dont want to waste real money to spend all my fake money. You build your house then what? cook? No one cooks in Skyrim. No one cares about video game children either (unless you can kill them), i thought they might have picked up on that thanks to Fable.
This should have been in the game to begin with...

Bethesda i am dissapoint

Skyrim: The Lost Chapters.
TLC had quest you could do at least, this is horse armor all over again.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I dont want to waste real money to spend all my fake money. You build your house then what? cook? No one cooks in Skyrim. No one cares about video game children either (unless you can kill them), i thought they might have picked up on that thanks to Fable.
This should have been in the game to begin with...

Bethesda i am dissapoint

TLC had quest you could do at least, this is horse armor all over again.

Id rather build a place that has everything I need in it than having to jump between towns and multiple houses I own to smith items/use the enchantment desks/store my items and pick herbs I need for potions. Could have everything in one place at least if you pick a decent location for the house.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Id rather build a place that has everything I need in it than having to jump between towns and multiple houses I own to smith items/use the enchantment desks/store my items and pick herbs I need for potions. Could have everything in one place at least if you pick a decent location for the house.
Then get the Honeyside in Riften it has every thing you need (Alchemy Lab, Arcane Enchanter and
Tanning Rack) and is very close to a smith and apothecary store. You dont have to waist real money on making your "dream" home. It even has a back door that leads right in to the wilderness of Skyrim. Oh and giants and rats are not a problem...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Then get the Honeyside is Riften it has every thing you need (Alchemy Lab, Arcane Enchanter and
Tanning Rack) and is very close to a smith and apothecary store. You dont have to waist real money on making your "dream" home. It even has a back door that lead right in to the wilderness of Skyrim

400 points is about £3.50, hardly breaks the bank. :lol:

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
400 points is about £3.50, hardly breaks the bank. :lol:
Should have been free!
I payed $60 for the game
Got the DLC first day 1600msp ($13.50)

and now you want a cool new house in the middle of no where? Oh... erm.. that will be... $3.50.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Should have been free!
I payed $60 for the game
Got the DLC first day 1600msp ($13.50)

and now you want a cool new house in the middle of no where? Oh... erm.. that will be... $3.50.

Can't get everything you want in the game, if they had tried to put all that cool stuff from the Game Jam during original development it would have taken even longer for the game to come out with the extra bug testing needed.

Srsly bro, be thankful they didn't charge for all the new features they added for free in the past game updates like other companies gladly would have. I can see EA/Activision charging $10 for a little thing like this.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Can't get everything you want in the game, if they had tried to put all that cool stuff from the Game Jam during original development it would have taken even longer for the game to come out with the extra bug testing needed.

Srsly bro, be thankful they didn't charge for all the new features they added for free in the past game updates like other companies gladly would have. I can see EA/Activision charging $10 for a little thing like this.

Very true and at least their expansion DLC's are worth the cash and not 1200 points for a couple of maps that should be free that people fork out for with every CoD update. These features are nice little additions and not run of the mill seen in every game updates. I think 400 points for this is perfectly reasonable and im happy to pay it.

Azer249

Reaction score
I still think this is kind of a pointless dlc and belive they should have released it for free. I mean it adds nothing but a house and a few quests regarding gathering materials. Seems like a generic "go get this and come back" Misc quest that has been reskinned so you get a house out of it. Sure i won't deny that it is a nice house being as there is a lot more in it than default houses in the game, but i still don't think it's worth paying for.

It's kind of like the housing DLCS they did for Oblivion. There were so many of them with little crappy quests that they all became boring after a few visits to each. (examples include the Vile Lair)

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I still think this is kind of a pointless dlc and belive they should have released it for free. I mean it adds nothing but a house and a few quests regarding gathering materials. Seems like a generic "go get this and come back" Misc quest that has been reskinned so you get a house out of it. Sure i won't deny that it is a nice house being as there is a lot more in it than default houses in the game, but i still don't think it's worth paying for.

It's kind of like the housing DLCS they did for Oblivion. There were so many of them with little crappy quests that they all became boring after a few visits to each. (examples include the Vile Lair)

This isn't that kind of DLC. This is a DLC that focuses on letting you BUILD your own houses (with new family features) a la The Sims and decorate it however you wish and apparently wherever you want. It was featured in their Game Jam video some months ago, but you can get a better idea of how it works from this mod that does the same thing: Build Your Own Home.