• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Skyrim new footage

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
This is somewhat of a spoiler, it shows what the world of Skyrim is really like and it is amazing! It shows what seems to be the Thieves Guild and definitely the Dark Brotherhood but no quests. Also shows jobs like smithing and prospecting and a decapitation! Just skip to 5:00 for new content and turn the volume all the way off.​

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
Awesome! We still have, what, 2 weeks to go?

"and all of the sudden there was a hail storm, and it looked like ice falling from the sky" What...what? I just dont anymore.....

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Awesome! We still have, what, 2 weeks to go?

"and all of the sudden there was a hail storm, and it looked like ice falling from the sky" What...what? I just dont anymore.....
Lmao exactly the commentators in this vid are especially dim.

And 13 days to go unless I'm lying.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Video has been blocked on copyright grounds.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I didn't realize it was infringing oh well.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Comcast blocked it, so have to find another that isnt blocked.
There you go. All fixed, as you can see the game looks fantastic. There is an economy in the game not known if it will make it to the final build, but if it does Todd Howard said you can affect it one example breaking a saw mill but he says it will be minor influences like price this is not an economy based game its role will be minor. I don't know how getting jobs will work, whether its a mini game or not but it seems to be what Fable 2 was going for.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The beheading looked good and nice look at some of the different armours and the stealth kills. Also nice to hear that even though they were playing a 2 month old build the engine seemed to be running well.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
The beheading looked good and nice look at some of the different armours and the stealth kills. Also nice to hear that even though they were playing a 2 month old build the engine seemed to be running well.
That's what I'm most worried about especially since my 360 is coming of age. And if anyone truely played through Oblivion then they know how many bugs, glitches, and exploits their games have. Also the game has to be activated through steam and updates itself though steam so I don't know what that means for offline or online for that matter. I've looked into it and most people generally don't have much good to say about Steam.

The game itself looks as good enough quality as any other but this time you can really tell with the textures and scenery that Skyrim will be pushing it.

Azer249

Reaction score
That's what I'm most worried about especially since my 360 is coming of age. And if anyone truely played through Oblivion then they know how many bugs, glitches, and exploits their games have. Also the game has to be activated through steam and updates itself though steam so I don't know what that means for offline or online for that matter. I've looked into it and most people generally don't have much good to say about Steam.

The game itself looks as good enough quality as any other but this time you can really tell with the textures and scenery that Skyrim will be pushing it.

I dont know, i use steam a lot. It has both advantages and disadvantages. For instance if you account is wrongly banned and you cant get it back skyrim will become useless. But then again you dont need discs, updates are hassle free. Really its down to your own personal prefrence. I for one like having discs that are drm free.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Skyrim uses a new engine rather than the aging one used in Oblivion and this new engine is an optimised marvel judging by what ive seen. Bethesda have got it running like a dream from the look of it and it may push the consoles but I dont think you have to worry about it being the sole cause of any break downs of consoles. Bethesda have learnt a lot from Oblivion and Fallout 3 (not just with quests and NPC's interaction) but also learnt a lot of technical lessons too.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Skyrim uses a new engine rather than the aging one used in Oblivion and this new engine is an optimised marvel judging by what ive seen. Bethesda have got it running like a dream from the look of it and it may push the consoles but I dont think you have to worry about it being the sole cause of any break downs of consoles. Bethesda have learnt a lot from Oblivion and Fallout 3 (not just with quests and NPC's interaction) but also learnt a lot of technical lessons too.

Hopefully, most of the engine is brand new, but the rest of it is that of the Gamebryo code as the Creation Engine was built off of it. So far a lot of the footage that's been shown of the Xbox 360 version (and a bit of PS3) has screen tearing, but hopefully this has been fixed by now.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Hopefully, most of the engine is brand new, but the rest of it is that of the Gamebryo code as the Creation Engine was built off of it. So far a lot of the footage that's been shown of the Xbox 360 version (and a bit of PS3) has screen tearing, but hopefully this has been fixed by now.

Screen Tearing is usually fixed quite easily with a patch, some may remain but I doubt it will take anything away from the experience. Cant wait for the game to release, Battlefield 3 and Batman will tide me over and make the days go faster.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Screen Tearing is usually fixed quite easily with a patch, some may remain but I doubt it will take anything away from the experience. Cant wait for the game to release, Battlefield 3 and Batman will tide me over and make the days go faster.
I honestly wouldn't mind too much glitchiness or bugging out every once in awhile aslong as the company actually made an innovative dynamic game.

People judge a game from 1 to 10 based on overall enjoyment and deduct it based on bad elements. I judge a game based on what it has to offer and how that compels me to overlook the bad. I liked Oblivion's approach contrary to many fans they sacrificed quality of story and a dynamic world for a large open free world and so many things to do to keep you going.

In Skyrim the Devs seem to tout that it will have quality and quantity. But I'm more inclined to believe they have made a more well rounded game experience and cut the loose ends. An example is trashing altogether the class system and getting rid of acrobatics and armorer.(jumping is still possible) I'm pretty sure the actual playable world is much smaller then Cyrodill but quests regions and content overall are much more engaging, rewarding. You can tell this by how they main storyline is everything to your character and the Nordic lands and culture are so prevalent. If you wander off it won't be random dungeon random monster there will be a reason why it is there and a reason to look inside.

But this is all my speculation purely.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't mind too much glitchiness or bugging out every once in awhile aslong as the company actually made an innovative dynamic game.

People judge a game from 1 to 10 based on overall enjoyment and deduct it based on bad elements. I judge a game based on what it has to offer and how that compels me to overlook the bad. I liked Oblivion's approach contrary to many fans they sacrificed quality of story and a dynamic world for a large open free world and so many things to do to keep you going.

In Skyrim the Devs seem to tout that it will have quality and quantity. But I'm more inclined to believe they have made a more well rounded game experience and cut the loose ends. An example is trashing altogether the class system and getting rid of acrobatics and armorer.(jumping is still possible) I'm pretty sure the actual playable world is much smaller then Cyrodill but quests regions and content overall are much more engaging, rewarding. You can tell this by how they main storyline is everything to your character and the Nordic lands and culture are so prevalent. If you wander off it won't be random dungeon random monster there will be a reason why it is there and a reason to look inside.

But this is all my speculation purely.

Well the overall exploration will be more interesting as the environments are much more varied (rivers, marshlands, woods, mountains, caves, snowy areas) and although the maps meant to be around the same size as Oblivions its larger scale. As you can now reach the peaks of all the cliffs and each cave is larger and more unique.

As you said though, it seems everything has its place and a reason for it rather than merely being filler and 'background'. CVG have had another 3 hour hands on if you fancy a read.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Well the overall exploration will be more interesting as the environments are much more varied (rivers, marshlands, woods, mountains, caves, snowy areas) and although the maps meant to be around the same size as Oblivions its larger scale. As you can now reach the peaks of all the cliffs and each cave is larger and more unique.

As you said though, it seems everything has its place and a reason for it rather than merely being filler and 'background'. CVG have had another 3 hour hands on if you fancy a read.
I just can't wait to join the Thieves Guild, that was one of the best quest lines I've ever played in an RPG.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I just can't wait to join the Thieves Guild, that was one of the best quest lines I've ever played in an RPG.

Yeah I enjoyed that too, though The Dark Brotherhood quests were interesting too. Especially ones that werent a straight 'go here and kill them' quest but make the death look like an accident or frame someone. Im betting they have varied them quite a lot too and im intrigued to see how they play out now. Ive read the start of The Dark Brotherhood quest and I like how they have changed how you expect it to start.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I haven't allowed myself to peep any of the juicy stuff, just gameplay and mechanics to hype me up with the beauty and elegance of the game. I can't believe its been five years since Oblivion, I played that game so much it seems like just yesterday it was the hot title, and soon I'll be playing Elder Scrolls V. I never even thought about the next sequel that's how good their last one was. When I saw the first released trailer I was like WTF.