• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Skyrim new footage

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I haven't allowed myself to peep any of the juicy stuff, just gameplay and mechanics to hype me up with the beauty and elegance of the game. I can't believe its been five years since Oblivion, I played that game so much it seems like just yesterday it was the hot title, and soon I'll be playing Elder Scrolls V. I never even thought about the next sequel that's how good their last one was. When I saw the first released trailer I was like WTF.

As Oblivion is so fresh in your mind you will likely be wide eyed at the leap from one to the other from what ive read. Bethesda seems to have truly excelled themselves and pulled out all the stops to make this one of the best RPG's of all time. Ive tried not to read to much as i dont want to spoil anything but ive read enough to get a good idea of what to expect from the general mechanics. As the publications who were lucky enough to get the 3 hour hands on have said, 3 hours in a potentially 300 hour game isnt even a drop in the ocean so not really many spoilers.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
As Oblivion is so fresh in your mind you will likely be wide eyed at the leap from one to the other from what ive read. Bethesda seems to have truly excelled themselves and pulled out all the stops to make this one of the best RPG's of all time. Ive tried not to read to much as i dont want to spoil anything but ive read enough to get a good idea of what to expect from the general mechanics. As the publications who were lucky enough to get the 3 hour hands on have said, 3 hours in a potentially 300 hour game isnt even a drop in the ocean so not really many spoilers.
Every hands on review I've read exclaims how fantastic this game is. I think in my case playing just 3 hours of Skyrim would be worse then waiting this long.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Every hands on review I've read exclaims how fantastic this game is. I think in my case playing just 3 hours of Skyrim would be worse then waiting this long.

Yeah, if it was closer to the games release then id happily play 3 hours. However some had their previews weeks ago and that would have been hell having to put it down after 3 hours then waiting all that time to pick it up again. I truly cant wait to get my hands on it and its been my most anticipated game since I heard it was in development and now its a matter of 11 days away I want it even more. :lol:

Last quote i read (no spoilers):

The map of Skyrim is said to be roughly the same size as Cyrodiil in Oblivion, but thanks to a complete overhaul of the game engine since then Skyrim is infinitely more detailed and lush in appearance, with an incredible draw distance that doesn't just extend out into the horizon but upward to the peaks of the towering mountains that loom large over the landscape.

We made Oblivion and then Fallout 3 on the current gen of consoles, so we've learned a lot more about how to bring a lot out of the current systems. So now we have a new UI system, a new animation system, a new renderer, the radiant story and then the world itself, so all these things kind of combine and as a result the world of Skyrim really feels like a solid place you can get lost in.

Just how much is there to do and see in Skyrim? With 280 perks to unlock, five major cities to explore, over 300 books to find, 150 unique dungeons to loot and some 500 individual activities to indulge in, it would truly appear that the sky is the limit.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah, if it was closer to the games release then id happily play 3 hours. However some had their previews weeks ago and that would have been hell having to put it down after 3 hours then waiting all that time to pick it up again. I truly cant wait to get my hands on it and its been my most anticipated game since I heard it was in development and now its a matter of 11 days away I want it even more. :lol:
lmao I remodeled my room for maximum Skyrim enjoyment that's how much I want this game.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
lmao I remodeled my room for maximum Skyrim enjoyment that's how much I want this game.

Ive already told my girlfriend not to expect anything from me on 11.11.11 and for some time afterwards. I will have customary breaks every now and again where she will have an opportunity but then straight back to Skyrim. :lol:

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Ive already told my girlfriend not to expect anything from me on 11.11.11 and for some time afterwards. I will have customary breaks every now and again where she will have an opportunity but then straight back to Skyrim. :lol:
LMAO "Look babe I think we need to take a break for alittle while... Skyrim was revealed months ago and this has been alongtime coming...It's not you..it's Skyrim."

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
LMAO "Look babe I think we need to take a break for alittle while... Skyrim was revealed months ago and this has been alongtime coming...It's not you..it's Skyrim."

Shes already been pushed to the sidelines after Battlefield 3 and Arkham City, im sure she wont mind some more time. Gives her more time to do what she wants I guess. :lol:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Shes already been pushed to the sidelines after Battlefield 3 and Arkham City, im sure she wont mind some more time. Gives her more time to do what she wants I guess. :lol:

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
My gf broke up with me because I wasn't paying enough attention to her needs, now she is hinting she wants be back but like..I'll be 10x worse then before with Skyrim on my Tv.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
My gf broke up with me because I wasn't paying enough attention to her needs, now she is hinting she wants be back but like..I'll be 10x worse then before with Skyrim on my Tv.

:lol: that would be the worst time to try and prove that you can change and things will be different. Either that or it will show her of times to come and if she can accept that then you have half the battle won. Amy tends to start watching me playing on the 360 and then getting drawn in and rather interested herself. She pretty much made me play L.A. Noire every day because she wanted to see what happens, same as Red Dead Redemption. Hopefully she gets interested in Skyrim too and wants me to play that all the time. :p

Just read that weapons no longer degrade too which makes me happy.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
:lol: that would be the worst time to try and prove that you can change and things will be different. Either that or it will show her of times to come and if she can accept that then you have half the battle won. Amy tends to start watching me playing on the 360 and then getting drawn in and rather interested herself. She pretty much made me play L.A. Noire every day because she wanted to see what happens, same as Red Dead Redemption. Hopefully she gets interested in Skyrim too and wants me to play that all the time. :p
Lucky, Alyshia was mad jealous of my 360 always pretended to accidentally nudge it when going in and out while the game was inside I was like NOOO. Now I have this perfect little stand where it sits so it can't move easy.