• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sleeping problems?

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score
Sleeping problems?

Okay, so for the last couple of months I've not been sleeping very well, if I get to sleep before 2 am I wake up at 3 am and can't get back to sleep until 4am, I've spoken to a doctor and he gave me mild sleeping tablets, however these tablets no longer work and the same problem persists, I donno any reason as to why D: Could it be my diet? Do any of you guys know if a certain diet can affect your sleep?
Also I wanted to know if anyone else feels really ****ty when they wake up if they nap through the day.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Re: Sleeping problems?

I suggest going to a psychiatrist. These things are often psychological.

Yes. This is a serious suggestion.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

get stronger tablets i guess. your body has adjusted to the pills effect making them less strong or not strong at all. how long have you been taking the pills?

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

Been taking the pills about 3 weeks now, they're only half dosage of regular ones so would taking two rather then one make them more effective?

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

Cobalt Gamer;374821 said:
Been taking the pills about 3 weeks now, they're only half dosage of regular ones so would taking two rather then one make them more effective?

Uping the dose won't do much; your body will just readjust eventually and you'll be back at square one. Go to a psychiatrist. Sleep problems are one of their many specialties.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

Originally posted by Cobalt Gamer

most likely. id speak to someone first before testing out pill doses :p

Blessed Shot

Reaction score

This is abit odd but if u have a iPhone or touch there's this app called sleepcycle it may help.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Do more in the day, you'll drop like a rock.

Also, don't (I repeat DON'T) increase the dose, because you'll become dependant on them.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Cobalt Gamer;374812 said:
Okay, so for the last couple of months I've not been sleeping very well, if I get to sleep before 2 am I wake up at 3 am and can't get back to sleep until 4am, I've spoken to a doctor and he gave me mild sleeping tablets, however these tablets no longer work and the same problem persists, I donno any reason as to why D: Could it be my diet? Do any of you guys know if a certain diet can affect your sleep?
Also I wanted to know if anyone else feels really ****ty when they wake up if they nap through the day.

Tried listening to any music when you sleep? Often works for me as it's a bit difficult to sleep to silence. The only explanation I can come up with for it being your diet is if it's giving you an upset stomach or it is increasing your energy and keeping you awake.

I'd recommend seeing your doctor again. I only feel lousy from sleeping if I didn't get enough hours.

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

you need to tire your self out more. ride a bike, swim, etc...until youre near exhaustion. when you go to bed, jam to your favorite music genre

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

yes, deal with it before it becomes a serious problem.
TylerDurdenFightClubDavidFincher.jpg

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

When you cant get back to sleep, get up, walk to the bathroom, and take a p**s. Seriously. Whether or not you think you need to. This is a serious suggetion, take it as such.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

JohnDoe;374892 said:
But if you're inclined to force yourself to do anything, you could try forcing yourself to sleep by turning everything off, unplugging things if you have to, putting everything away, and just lay in bed, close your eyes, and don't allow yourself to open your eyes or get out of bed.

A restless mind will make all of that useless.. :(

Some nights I turn everything off, keep my eyes closed, but I just can't stop my mind from thinking about things.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

It seems we share sleeping techniques John, for I too simply lay in bed and never open my eyes until I've had a full night's sleep.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I've got two suggestions:

1. This may sound a little silly or absurd, but if you have Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum version, there's music in there that does a lot of good for me when I can't sleep. Just go outside the Pokemon League, hook it up to your charger, put it at a relatively low volume, and put it on your nightstand. That puts me right to sleep.

2. This one will probably work better than my first suggestion, and you don't really need anything to do it. Jerk off. I'm serious. Ejaculating will put you into a refractory period, at which time you will become fairly sleepy.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

I have the cure. Stay awake for an entire day until the time you want to get your sleep cycle set to. Then the next step is easy; sleep. Repeat the process every few days. It worked for me.

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

^ Same here.

I have tried turning off everything forcing myself to lay down with my eyes shut, and most of the time I end up awake with my eyes closed for 3 hours.. I have tried sleep pills, and they worked but I wouldn't recommend it for long term use. Also being more active during the day or drinking less caffeine later at night helps.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

Have ever been tested for sleep apnea? I recently developed it and have the same symptoms, if you have you'll need to get a c-pap machine, no matter how much it costs, or how little you care, as it quickly gets worse and keeps getting worse.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Do you participate in a lot of physical activities during the day? See, when I started my new job about 6-7 months ago I discovered that for some reason I just couldn't fall asleep at night even-though I felt dead tired.

I soon discovered that while I was mentally drained from work, my body was almost fully rested from sitting still in a cubicle all day. So I felt tired and exhausted in my head, but my body was restless and as such I couldn't fall to sleep!

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Cobalt Gamer;374812 said:

I do.
During my time in middle/high/whatever school I used to nap a couple of hours after school and then couldn`t go to sleep before 12am or something. And it really messed up my day as I was constantly tired during school.
Even now I get headaches when I take a 1-2 hour naps during the day.
Basically little naps are evil to the core.