• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Slow Thine Age?

aozgolo

Reaction score
Slow Thine Age?

Okay, this is my second playing of Fable (Lost Chapters) and the first time I only got as far as the bargate prison quest. Anyway this time I decided to play a somewhat good aligned character (at least until the Arena quest at which time I plan to do a complete 360 and go down the path of wickedness)

One thing that kind of shocked me though.... I was just playing leisurely along, and I am just at the point where you arrive at Witchwood, the archaeologist quest. I decided to get married eventually at Bowerstone (Finally managed to trick the hairdresser into it) and then upon finally examining my personality screen I noticed a peculiar discovery.....

I had only been playing for six game days, and yet I was 39 years old....... Thirty-freakin-nine! and I'm not even halfway through yet...... I honestly don't know how this happened.....

It really bugs me that you can only play for six fable days, and yet you age two freakin' decades, do the math on it, in one month's time I'd be 100 frickin years old!!!

I know levelling up increases your age..... but so far I've only done it about four times..... so I'm curious...... what the heck else causes you to age faster?

I'd also like to know if there's anything that will help you age slower?

I know there's a way to cut years back through tributes to Avo/Skorm (yes they are one and the same, it's a conspiracy! Shhh!) but still I kinda would like to know how I keep my avatar from having a mid-life crisis because he's over the hill less than 1 week after graduation..... good thing I married at 39 or I would have been the 40 year old virgin!

suffering

Reaction score
Re: Slow Thine Age?

You have to not use your skill points. if you choose to 'buy' any skill, you get older. So the solution is: dont get any skills whatsover. strength, will, or skill. nothing.....unless you mod. i dont think that theres a way to slow age...

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score

Each time you level up any particular skill, you age your character. You can do the age glitch after you max out your skills to be 21 at the end of the game.

aozgolo

Reaction score

suffering;84176 said:
You have to not use your skill points. if you choose to 'buy' any skill, you get older. So the solution is: dont get any skills whatsover. strength, will, or skill. nothing.....unless you mod. i dont think that theres a way to slow age...

Ummm, okay, but if I don't level up and don't buy skills I turn Fable from an Action RPG into a Hack and Slash Action..... come on now, honestly, who plays RPGs and doesn't level up? *sigh* oh well...... I'll be playing half the game as a 65 year old man then.....

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

aozgolo;84175 said:
Anyway this time I decided to play a somewhat good aligned character (at least until the Arena quest at which time I plan to do a complete 360 and go down the path of wickedness)

If you did a 360, wouldn't you still be a good guy at the end?

Anyway, there is no way other than levelling up skills to increase your age, other than the bargate prison quest or the ship in hookcoast.(I forgot the name)

What I do is max out my guy completely before the 'Find the Archaeologist' quest, so that I can exploit the youth by Hero-Saving.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

aozgolo;84175 said:
Okay, this is my second playing of Fable (Lost Chapters) and the first time I only got as far as the bargate prison quest. Anyway this time I decided to play a somewhat good aligned character (at least until the Arena quest at which time I plan to do a complete 360 and go down the path of wickedness)

One thing that kind of shocked me though.... I was just playing leisurely along, and I am just at the point where you arrive at Witchwood, the archaeologist quest. I decided to get married eventually at Bowerstone (Finally managed to trick the hairdresser into it) and then upon finally examining my personality screen I noticed a peculiar discovery.....

I had only been playing for six game days, and yet I was 39 years old....... Thirty-freakin-nine! and I'm not even halfway through yet...... I honestly don't know how this happened.....

It really bugs me that you can only play for six fable days, and yet you age two freakin' decades, do the math on it, in one month's time I'd be 100 frickin years old!!!

I know levelling up increases your age..... but so far I've only done it about four times..... so I'm curious...... what the heck else causes you to age faster?

I'd also like to know if there's anything that will help you age slower?

I know there's a way to cut years back through tributes to Avo/Skorm (yes they are one and the same, it's a conspiracy! Shhh!) but still I kinda would like to know how I keep my avatar from having a mid-life crisis because he's over the hill less than 1 week after graduation..... good thing I married at 39 or I would have been the 40 year old virgin!

Welcome to the most gruesome of Fable's flaws - you age too fast and the world and characters don't age with you. Each time you increase something you gain 0.7 years.

A system where your time spent in game increased your age, aswell as those characters around you, would be much better, no?

But all we can do is hope for Fable II.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

If your hero aged according to time played and with no chance of gaining youth - it could get extremely annoying.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

droded;84201 said:
If your hero aged according to time played and with no chance of gaining youth - it could get extremely annoying.

I disagree: It would add a nice touch. Remember, I am talking about a aging proccess waaaay slower than in Fable and that the world also ages.

And I also never did say you couldn't have a chance to reduce your age like in Fable.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

droded;84201 said:

Whatever! All I said was that if that happened I wouldn't enjoy it.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

droded;84206 said:
Whatever! All I said was that if that happened I wouldn't enjoy it.

And all I said was that if they made it happen, that doesn't mean they won't keep the option to get some years off your back, so you shouldn't worry.

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score

Each stat point raises your age .7 years. And exactly 121 stat points.

This would normally set you at 84.7 years old when maxing out all stats. But they have it capped at 65.

With modding you can change the rate and the max.

Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene: Finished Mods => Morph and Age tweaks

Edit: ALSO. Lionhead broke the texture layers. Maxing skill makes the strength textures dissappear.
When Maxed (with no age) you look like this:
8_24_2006_11_59_50_PM.sized.jpg

When your supposed to look like this:
8_25_2006_12_02_34_AM.sized.jpg

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Haha - I don't mind. The chest hair messes up tattoos and haunts me with images of this:

austin%20powers.jpg

F

Fable Lord 2.0

hhhhh

just go to the temple of avo or skorm donate enough and they will take ten years of each

u only age when u spend exp points so u cant stop the aging processes unless u want to be weak

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Fable Lord 2.0;84516 said:
hhhhh

just go to the temple of avo or skorm donate enough and they will take ten years of each

u only age when u spend exp points so u cant stop the aging processes unless u want to be weak
Actually..You'd be wrong. There's a trainer that has an age setter, as well as going into the files and changing them o_O

A

Arcage

Keshire;84470 said:
Each stat point raises your age .7 years. And exactly 121 stat points.

This would normally set you at 84.7 years old when maxing out all stats. But they have it capped at 65.

With modding you can change the rate and the max.

Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene: Finished Mods => Morph and Age tweaks

Edit: ALSO. Lionhead broke the texture layers. Maxing skill makes the strength textures dissappear.
When Maxed (with no age) you look like this:
8_24_2006_11_59_50_PM.sized.jpg

When your supposed to look like this:
8_25_2006_12_02_34_AM.sized.jpg
what tatoos are those???