• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Small Problem

C

cv735

Re: Small Problem

Ok, FinalAlbion is where you said it should be, but it still doesn't seem to want to work. I tried it without steps 13-15 and with them and neither method worked for me.

Any help is much appreciated but for now im off to bed so please don't think I am ignoring you if I don't answer.

jwc2200

Reaction score

I'm out of possibilities.

C

cv735

Thanks for the help anyway, I will just have to be without free roam, or i could reinstall Fable and see if that helps.

black.

There's Blood In The Water
Reaction score

It seems that most people running Vista have problems installing and running Modding tools like Fable Explorer and FreeRoam. I tried to install both of those programs on a Vista PC, and it didn't work. So that might be your problem. Other than that, the only thing I can suggest is reinstalling Fable and going from there.

C

cv735

That seems like my only solution at this point, at least now I will know what to do the first time with FE instead of sitting here wondering why it wasn't working lol.

When I do uninstall I know my mods will stay unless I delete them manually, but will any thing I have tried to do with Free Roam and Albion Explorer still effect the game when I reinstall it or should I delete them as well?

M

Mezrin

Sort of off-topic, but after you get it working, please make a copy of your Fable folder and rename it "Fable Backup" to ensure you won't permanently kill Fable.

C

cv735

Yea, I should have done that this time to avoid reinstall lol. But why would it permanetly kill Fable, I can always reinstall it.

Well, I tried all of it with a fresh install, is there any extra things that couold make it work that anyone could think of besides the method in Albion Knights post?

M

MidnightOil

Woo, taking ownership/control of the Fable TLC data file worked great.

As far as taking ownership goes, from what I understand it basically gives you permission to edit files in the C drive.

Could you clarify what you mean by taking control of the file and how do you get ownership of the files? I am receiving the same error as you were and i would really appreciate your help.