• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

*sniffle*

jwc2200

Reaction score
Re: *sniffle*

Animals are here for humans to use. Not to make it a debate about religion, but God says, through the prophets, the animals are ours to use. It is unfortunate that some folks have been, and maybe still are wasteful about it. Now, as far as I understand, whales are being hunted for food only, and even then, not worldwide only in some regions. I don't think current whaling is as widespread and wasteful as it was in the 1800's and early 1900's, so extinction is unlikely. Now it is just a matter of some folks thinking it is cruel, and they have no right to dictate to others what they should and should not eat.

John makes a good point about making it profitable, but I can't imagine whale farming ever taking off. You'd need one hell of a big farm.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Oh my god... What have I started? I began a discussion on whether whales were pretty and good enough, and it turned into this? All humanity deserves to die, we are not the fittest, we are the evilest, without us the world would live better.

EDIT: P.S Close the topic before it gets out of hand.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

Or.

We could just catch them all in Pokeballs.

jwc2200

Reaction score

All humanity deserves to die, we are not the fittest, we are the evilest, without us the world would live better.
You have a valid point there.

X

Xeon

Yeah, I don't see why we should keep whales alive anyway, I don't see whale cheese or whale milk.

But save the whales untill I get a chance to punch one, then you can do whatever you want with them.

Ithan

Berserker
Reaction score

We should save the bears though.
Everyone should have a chance to wrassle a big ol' bear to the ground, like a REAL MAN.
A manly man.
Wrasslin' a whale would just be a hassle, it's hard to do that in water, and on land they would die...

X

Xeon

Ithan;304412 said:
We should save the bears though.
Everyone should have a chance to wrassle a big ol' bear to the ground, like a REAL MAN.
A manly man.
Wrasslin' a whale would just be a hassle, it's hard to do that in water, and on land they would die...

Bears are cool, they kill stupid people

X

Xeon

I think I'll wait till I'm 50, I'll be kinda old but I can still put up a fight for a couple of minutes before my cancer filled lungs sets out and the bear eats me... maybe I should get aids before I fight it?

jwc2200

Reaction score

JohnDoe;304440 said:
How did I miss this?DO WANT! This is how I have long envisioned my death. I want to wait until I'm really old though, already near death. George Bush Sr. jumps out of planes sitting in some guy's lap, but I'll be getting clawed and maimed and beaten and chewed to death by a grizzly. Who's manlier?

Are you a "Legends of the Fall" fan? Should we start calling you Tristen?

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

JohnDoe;304440 said:
How did I miss this?DO WANT! This is how I have long envisioned my death. I want to wait until I'm really old though, already near death. George Bush Sr. jumps out of planes sitting in some guy's lap, but I'll be getting clawed and maimed and beaten and chewed to death by a grizzly. Who's manlier?

He is.

Cause was smart enough not to wrestle an 'effing bear.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

jwc2200;304362 said:
Animals are here for humans to use. Not to make it a debate about religion, but God says, through the prophets, the animals are ours to use. It is unfortunate that some folks have been, and maybe still are wasteful about it. Now, as far as I understand, whales are being hunted for food only, and even then, not worldwide only in some regions. I don't think current whaling is as widespread and wasteful as it was in the 1800's and early 1900's, so extinction is unlikely. Now it is just a matter of some folks thinking it is cruel, and they have no right to dictate to others what they should and should not eat.

John makes a good point about making it profitable, but I can't imagine whale farming ever taking off. You'd need one hell of a big farm.

So we do what God says? Wait, Whos God? I dont believei i've ever met him before, Or Seen, Or heard from.. Sounds like your making him up. :D

In New Zealand you're not allowed to Whale, Can you where you live?