• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

so much effort!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibranceee

Reaction score
So we all know about collecting the silver keys achievement... and we know that one for Mistpeak is actually in Millfields. Well, i have this one, and every other one in Mistpeak at it still says 5/6?

Does this mean ill have to start again and get all the keys or is there a way to sort this annoying glitch out?

ALSO, i have 29/30 rare books, and Samuel wont give me the quest for the last book. So again, a glitch is stopping me from getting my 100% on Fable 3. Any way to sort this out?

Im now in the process of finding the Auroran Flowers and im hoping this dosent glitch.

Help and thoughts will be appreciated.

Monrizzo

Swagger Stick.
Reaction score
Have you tried using a guide to see if your not just missing the last one? Thats why I don't bother with collectibles, if I come across them cool, but I don't go out of my way to find them.

CodoDeMono

Reaction score
My guess is the silver key you're missing is in the cave (I forget the name) in Mistpeak, there's a really awkward one to get. You can see it just fine if you go in one entrance of the caves, but you actually have to go into another entrance to get it. I don't remember the exact directions but if you can find a walkthrough for it I'm sure you'll figure out which one I'm talking about.

As for the book, the only thing I can think of besides a glitch is that you may have missed one donation. Not the actually retrieving of the book, but the actual putting it on the stand. If you haven't already I'd say just do a quick lap of the room and make sure there are 29 books on the pedestals and only one space empty just in case.

Joss

Reaction score
I'd noted that for the book quest, sometimes the glowing trail/circle around the stand didn't show up, even though I had all the books. I just went from stand to stand until the "donate" button appeared, and that seemed to work just fine.

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
if it says 5/6 then you've missed one, double check every location. And try sleeping for a few days, that should allow the quest to start

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
For Mistpeak, there are 3 floating around the land (in the mountains, by the cut logs, and overlooking Brightwall), 1 in Chillbreath Caverns (in the entrance by the Demon Door), and 2 in The Hole (by the trashed trolley, other from Millfields entrance).

Vibranceee

Reaction score
the thing is, iv double checked.
None behind the logs
none overlooking brightwall
got the gold key
got the one in chillbreath, the opposite side to when you get the kid.
got two in Mistpeaks hole (behind the stack things and the engineers room)
AND the one in Millfields hole. i searched on the internet and it seems other people have had this glitch, but ill check again!

As for the book, 29/30, all on their pedestals. Just need the last rare book but samuel wont talk to me about finding it :(

EDIT: found a sneaky pedestal in a dark cornor with no book wooo :D

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
the thing is, iv double checked.
None behind the logs
none overlooking brightwall
got the gold key
got the one in chillbreath, the opposite side to when you get the kid.
got two in Mistpeaks hole (behind the stack things and the engineers room)
AND the one in Millfields hole. i searched on the internet and it seems other people have had this glitch, but ill check again!
trust me, you have missed one, you're just looking in the wrong place. find several guides, follow all the descriptions and look around very carefully and one will eventually lead you to your missing key

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
So you should actually be at 4/6 then, if you got 1+2+1. You're missing the two from Mistpeak Valley. Again, one is behind the piles of logs near the clear-cut swath of forest on the banks of the lake. The other can be found easily: face the monorail station entrance and head up the hill directly to the right. There is a faint trail here that soon fades away. Keep going up til you see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.