• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

solus greatsword not useable glitch

Chrysalis

Reaction score
solus greatsword not useable glitch

has anyone ever had the solus greatsword and its not in the inventory?

I buy it from the shop in bowerstone north and it does not appear in my inventory.

To verify I own it if I go to buy it from the shop again it says I own one of the item so cannot buy another since its a one item only thing.

I am hoping it will suddenly appear after I do something in the game but I am guessing more likely I have hit a game glitch. :(

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
Re: solus greatsword not useable glitch

Wierd.

There is a glitch with the Bandit Rescue (i forget the exact name) quest in Bowerstone North. If buy the sword, then start the quest without leaving the place, hero save and reload, you won't have Solus and the shop won't have it anymore, hence the sword disappears forever.

jwc2200

Reaction score

It could be your video settings. Do you have alot of other weapons as well? If you have too many in inventory and your settings are wrong, you cant see the last few weapons. Either sell several unused weapons or change your video setting to 700x1100, thats roughly the settings.

Chrysalis

Reaction score

right now I have 16 melee weapons, I did wonder if the list was too long so I tried buying the master greatsword and another melee but they both appeared fine, in addition I have another save game from before for my evil character and that has all the melee weapons in the game working fine.

Will try changing the res anyway to see if it works.

I have not accepted any bowerstone north quests, in fact this is the first time I have played a game where I brought the sword before unlocking any bowerstone north quests.

you cracked it.

1680x1050 only 17 of 18 weapons show cannot quite scroll to last one, so changed to 1600x900 and it works, solus greatsword last. In the other game solus greatsword isnt the last weapon hence it showed. Glad I have found the problem many thanks.

Mikhail

Legend
Reaction score

↑ These problems don't occur in the Xbox version and if you're good enough you can still mod. I just choose not to mod.

Chrysalis

Reaction score

yeah the xbox version just crashes every 5 minutes and takes ages to load every area instead. :p

bear in mind I only got a 360 not the xbox1.