• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Some seriously noob help required

ammadar15

Reaction score
Some seriously noob help required

Alright so I want to get into modding, for Fable the Lost Chapters. And I trieds to figure out how to get my own mods going and it aint working. I want personnal mods for my game, so all these FMP's arnt going to be very involved in my work beacuse thats for distributing and packaging up mods for the internet and for downloading, I just want to edit the game for me.

I Have been looking at a bunch of different beginer guides but they are all writen in the sense that the new modder acutally has the freaking thing set up. I have been looking for a step by sptep of how to get these mod tools runing for a Windows 7 64-bit operating system. Im trying to use the Fable Explorer beacuse its basic and all I want to do is edit basic things, so I dont want to get something made for animations and level editingt beacuse I only want to edit basic stuff like weapon damage and blocking abilities and such.

There is this website http://www.morerunes.com/howToModFable.htm, that looks helpfull but under the section "Setting up Fable Explorer" my own computer does not have the C:\Program Files\FableTLCMod\FableExplorer, it like dosnt exsist. So im completly stumped on how the heck im suppost to unpack it. I do realize that after I do get to unzip it to that location, that unziping the def.xml will allow me to run it and then ill be nable to troubleshoot by myself from there but im so stumped right now.

Some help would be very appreciated.

ammadar15

Reaction score
Re: Some seriously noob help required

I guess to restate my question, how do you unpack the FableExplorer moding tools? I know how to follow the tutorials and the links will be helpfull in the future but right now I have no idea how to get started on acutally getting the mod tools set up. I have tried by the guide in my previouse link but I dont have the extension C:\Program Files\FableTLCMod\FableExplorer. It said to extract my downloaded files into that file but I dont have it. Am I suppost to make it or what? Beacuse if I can figure out that mistery then I can certainly get the def.xml files to work as well beacuse they go in the same spot.

ammadar15

Reaction score

Yeah I know how to make new files and such. So it dosnt matter where the FableExplorer files or the def.xml go? As long as I keep them together then it should work right? The def.xml acutally makes the mod tools run im assuming.

ammadar15

Reaction score

Alright well I looked at the def.xml and it said that to run, it needed oxygen XMl editor. So i downloaded the free 30 day trila sesne I dont see any long trm modding in the future. I got it running and it have the FableExploerer files up in it and everything ready to be editied but I ran into an error, but it dosnt seem to be hampering my progress which seems weird sense its an error.

I am suppost to be using oxygen xml editor right?

ammadar15

Reaction score

Oh yeah I know im not editing the def.xml lol im not touching that lol mainly beacuse I had it loaded up on the oxygen thing and it was to confusing so im just gonna scrap the oxygen thing. So what program do I run FableExplorer on? Its all white and its asking me for a program to run it on? If its the NET framework 2.0 thing, I have the windwos 7 version, the 64bit version if that has something to do with it.

ammadar15

Reaction score

Muahahahah!! I found it out! Ha thanks so much Stranger and DarkONI! Muhahaha!! This is so awsome thanks guys :D