• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

something must be wrong with my xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

asopeoprea

Reaction score
for some reason, the lip syncing in fable 3 is horribly off, and the graphics look like a glorified ps1 game, and the characters (in the cutscenes only) move like robots. yeah i know, graphics don't make the game blah blah blah, but i really wanted to take this game seriously, which is impossible when the game looks this bad. none of my other 10,000 xbox games are like this, why fable 3? is there some sort of setting i need to change?

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
That's Fable III.

Apparently, Fable was never good with Cutscenes unless they were super made like some in Fable II.

This is their first attempt. What you see is "Cinematic Actors". Basically, this is not the same unit used in the actual gameplay, just a premade render that follows a specific path (unless NPC's, who in Fable do things there own). The Lip Sync is part of that recording, and was not properly aligned with the voice-acting, and cannot be fixed "To my knowledge"

It's game design man.

Damas

Reaction score
I don't know where this is all coming from. Honestly I have played through the first four or five hours, on an old school 360 (White Pro 360) on a standard def TV and it is clear and synched just fine. I wonder if it is an issue with a certain type of XBOX or compatibility issues.

Twilight

Reaction score
That's Fable III.

Apparently, Fable was never good with Cutscenes unless they were super made like some in Fable II.

This is their first attempt. What you see is "Cinematic Actors". Basically, this is not the same unit used in the actual gameplay, just a premade render that follows a specific path (unless NPC's, who in Fable do things there own). The Lip Sync is part of that recording, and was not properly aligned with the voice-acting, and cannot be fixed "To my knowledge"

It's game design man.

It's not.

If it looks like a glorified ps1 game and they move like robots it's not the game.

Eavath

Reaction score
You're not the only person who's had problems like this. Someone else (can't recall the name, sorry) Posted something about something like this. It looks good on my end, and not like a PS1 game (Just got a game for my iPod that reminded me somewhat of LoD Actually, so that's my reference.)

Can't say that I know what the problem would be... Maybe the model of 360 you have? Is it an older one, newer one? One of them new fancy black ones?

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Sorry. Then again I do not even own the game.

Michael0100101

Reaction score
Umm, what? I would have to disagree. I mean, its not like crysis cutseens or anything, but their good quality. The people move fluidly and realistically, the detail on both peoples' clothes and faces are much improved from fable 3. Btw I said I wouldn't play untill friday... I lasted uhh, a good 12 hours though.

BatusBrad

Reaction score
Sorry, fella - must be your 'box. The game I'm playing is a thing of some beauty, haven't seen any glitches yet, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.