• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Soul Caliber Meets Star Wars

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Soul Caliber Meets Star Wars

I think the PS3 got the better deal. I'd rather have Vadar than Yoda
Sucks you can't get both

Soul Calibur IV new characters revealed
Namco Bandai has confirmed that the Star Wars characters, Darth Vader and Yoda will be playable fighters in the fourth installment on the world renowned weapon-based fighting series, Soul Caliber IV.

“Soulcalibur has been a cornerstone franchise for NAMCO BANDAI Games and this latest edition will build upon its legacy of groundbreaking fighting experiences,” said Makoto Iwai, Executive Vice President and COO, NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. “With Soulcalibur IV, long-time fans and newcomers to the franchise will be amazed by its visual beauty and intense, pulse pounding weapon combat.”

Namco Bandai has also made the decision to offer each console an exclusive character, therefore PS3 gamers will get Darth Vader, whereas Xbox 360 users will be able to play as Yoda. It's also possible that more characters may be available for download at a later date via the console's online stores.

For the first time in the series history, Soul Calibur IV will also have competitive online play.

Check out the two Star War's legends in the following trailer:

Gametrailers.com - Soul Calibur IV - CES 2008 Trailer HD

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score
Re: SoulCaliber Meets Star Wars

I think that is pretty funny to me. :lol:

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Re: Soul Caliber Meets Star Wars

I think it's a really cool idea that the folks at Namco came up with; giving all the major consoles separate exclusive characters. I like how the Xbox 360 gets Yoda and the PS3 gets Darth Vader - maybe the devs at Namco think Sony represent the 'Dark Side'! :ninja:

With the last Soul Calibur game, Namco did something similar. They gave the Xbox, PS2 and GameCube exclusive characters, too. The Xbox got Spawn, PS2 got Heihachi -- of Tekken fame -- and the GameCube got Link from the Legend of Zelda series.

D

Darg

Somehow, I can't exactly picture Yoda battling Voldo or half the other oddities you find in Soulcaliber. I wonder how you unlock him? By using the force? :lol:

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

HAHAHAHa thats awesome +rep

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

Thats ridiculous...

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

This should be epic.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Sounds good to me, i think people will enjoy playing as those characters and its good to see some content spread over the platforms again. However this will be a good way to remind people of Star Wars just before The Force Unleashed hits shelves. :ninja:

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I would enjoy playing as Yoda as well as Vader. I wonder what the Wii gets?

MattiFS

The Hero of Time
Reaction score

The Wii isn't getting a "Soul Caliber IV". The Wii gets "Soul Caliber Legends" and it had Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia.

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

now why would they go ahead and ruin a good game with star wars characters?

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

They`re just bonus characters, you don`t have to use them. I like Yoda more and I believe his playstyle is much more tricky and thus suits me better - I`ve always liked quick moving and somewhat tricky characters like Yoshimitsu from Tekken and Taki in Soul Calibur (plus, her ninja outfit is :shifty:).
I do hope they include Lizardman, he was my favourite from SC3, but I doubt they will.

I just checked, Lizardman is in!!!

Edit: I really liked Ivy too, but not because of her outfit, honestly.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Man;190548 said:
now why would they go ahead and ruin a good game with star wars characters?

Because its one of the most popular and watched movie series of all time maybe...

R

Rodeck

I want to know how they're going to explain Lightsabers not cutting through their regular weapons. They used them to penetrate 6+inches of metal and now a traditional katana is going to somehow stop them? *rolls eyes* Far better choices could have been made.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Rodeck;190727 said:
I want to know how they're going to explain Lightsabers not cutting through their regular weapons. They used them to penetrate 6+inches of metal and now a traditional katana is going to somehow stop them? *rolls eyes* Far better choices could have been made.

They don`t have to explain it. Yoda and Darth are bonus characters, it`s not like you have to fight them instead of Nightmare.
If that doesn`t satisfy you, then there is some kind of metal in the Star Wars universe that, when came in contact with a lightsaber, turned it off. So, there might be other subsances that withstand lightsabers. Soul Calibur and Soul Edge are both magical weapons, Yoshimitsus sword is an ancient, probably magical katana, Zasalamel turned into Abyss, so he should not have any problems, Cervantes has a Soul Edge... the possibilities are endless. Keep in mind, that they are in Soul Calibur universe and other rules apply.

R

Rodeck

My complaints come from the point of view that it just kind of ruins the feel of the game. Like Spawn in SC2 on the XBOX...Horrible decision, in my opinion, and the character was EXTREMELY overpowered. Heihachi and, albeit he was a bit of a stretch, Link fit into the universe quite well based on their combat and how the characters are in their own universes. Their own lores come with inherent Magic Abilities, so time travel isn't too much of a stretch, ESPECIALLY Link...

Star Wars? Time Travelling Jedis, eh? *sighs*

A

aeonbleu

im going for the PS3 version vs the 360 version, for one, vader. and another is my wife and i seem to play fighting games on the PS3 more than the 360 because of the controller, that and its in our bedroom vs the living room. nothing like a nice fist fight before cuddle time. haha.