• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Spawning Chests

jwc2200

Reaction score
Re: Spawning Chests

Which links?

C

chaoslords

i spawned a chest and i tried to do it again but it doesnt how in fable can they be in the same map/town too?

jwc2200

Reaction score

I assume you added a chest to the Guild since you posted the problem here. If so, open the tng that you edited to add the chest, check the chest script carefully for spaces where they should not be, no spaces where spaces should be, and punctuation. For the game to stop working just upon entering a region, you probably have an error in that script. If you can not find it, copy just the stuff that you added and post it here and maybe someone else will spot the error.

Good luck,

Jason

N

NoObbi3

the needed program links is there another way to add stuff to yourself manually instead of making a chest like how you add weapons?

jwc2200

Reaction score

You can edit tng files and add stuff to any bookcase, cupboard, or other furniture that has a reward hero line in the script. I no longer add chests, I put the stuff I want in the upstairs bookcases of the Guild.

M

MacJamus

When i try to open Wizard it comes up with a message saying "No Wizard Templates Available" what do i do?:(

EDIT: Never mind

S

Sanctus

when i click on world editor it comes up with a error and when i click ok a bunch of times it says "failes to load map have u exscracted the the WAD file" plzz help quickly

0l3n

jwc2200;182174 said:
I assume you added a chest to the Guild since you posted the problem here. If so, open the tng that you edited to add the chest, check the chest script carefully for spaces where they should not be, no spaces where spaces should be, and punctuation. For the game to stop working just upon entering a region, you probably have an error in that script. If you can not find it, copy just the stuff that you added and post it here and maybe someone else will spot the error.

Good luck,

Jason

EDIT: Never mind, I found the problem and fixed it ^^

Everytime I try to enter the guild the game crashes.
This is my first time adding anything to the game so sorry if im being a total nubcake :blush:

Here is the script:

NewThing Object;
Player 4;
UID 18446748924686296151;
DefinitionType "OBJECT_CHEST_OPENABLE";
ScriptName NULL;
ScriptData "NULL";
ThingGamePersistent FALSE;
ThingLevelPersistent FALSE;
StartCTCPhysicsStandard;
PositionX 170.263700;
PositionY 109.554400;
PositionZ -0.191629;
RHSetForwardX 1.000000;
RHSetForwardY 0.000000;
RHSetForwardZ 0.000000;
RHSetUpX 0.000000;
RHSetUpY 0.000000;
RHSetUpZ 1.000000;
EndCTCPhysicsStandard;
StartCTCTargeted;
Targetable TRUE;
EndCTCTargeted;
StartCTCEditor;
EndCTCEditor;
StartCTCChest;
ContainerContents[0] "OBJECT_HERO_BOOTS_PLATINUM";
ContainerContents[1] "OBJECT_HERO_SHIRT_PLATINUM";
ContainerContents[2] "OBJECT_HERO_TROUSERS_PLATINUM";
ContainerContents[3] "OBJECT_HERO_GLOVES_PLATINUM";
ContainerContents[4] "OBJECT_HERO_HELMET_PLATINUM";
ChestOpen FALSE;
EndCTCChest;
Health 1.0;
EndThing;

C

Crown_Royal7

uhhhh....i read most of thread but still couldn't figure out how to fix the whole, no wizard templates thing...but! just had a idea ill c if it works...

EDIT: noppe...idea no work......*tear* ny ideas?

K

kublkun

ummm i spawned a chest in the guild place but the first one was in water so i deleted it and moved it and saved and every thing but it was still in the water can i get some help with this please:ninja:

jwc2200

Reaction score

Once you enter an area everything is saved as is. You need to make your changes before you enter an area, then start using a saved profile from before you enter that area.

Sometimes with AE the changes happen even after you have been to that region, but not always.

K

kublkun

i tried that and the chest is still stuck in the water and one AE it doesn't even have that chest on there and could this be why my chest aren't showing up at all

jwc2200

Reaction score

If the chest is not showing in AE it probably won't be in the game.

Using AE open the region where the chest is in the water. Grab it and put it close to some structure that you know is on land, right click it and make sure there is a check-mark by 'to ground'. Hopefully that will work. If not, use the wizard to make a new one.

If that doesn't work, go into more detail about how and where you are trying to put the chest.

K

kublkun

okay when i made my first chest i was going to move it but i thought the water was a path because i really didn't know what i was looking at, it work and appeared but i put it in the water so i quit the game and started AE and deleted it then saved it, then I made another one on actually land but that chest didn't appear and the chest was still in the water and it is still there and i also tried with other area's but they still don't appear other then that one in the water. To make my new chest i just followed the tut again so i put my new one near the bridge because it was in a kinda open area and easy to get to

jwc2200

Reaction score

Did you right click and put a check-mark beside 'to ground' ? Sometimes AE will set 'PositionZ' to a negative number, and the item will be underground. Some people say it doesn't matter, but it does, items will not automatically raise or fall to be at ground level. So, click to ground or set PositionZ to the same height as something close by.

K

kublkun

no i have not tried that i will now hey thanks alot for all the help you have given me