• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

*Spoiler* Gnomes are Evil! Quest glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Same AS Seppuku

Reaction score
In the quest Gnomes are Evil!, the first gnome you have to find (Lionel) is in the house of the quest giver. The golden trail has a circle showing me where the gnome should be, I can hear him, but he is completely 100% invisible. Is this deliberate or a glitch?

~SAS

Mr.Natas

Sdrawkcab eman ym lleps
Reaction score
That didn't happen to me :/
Did you try to quit restart?

FloFlo

Reaction score
Hey guy,

I have a problem with this quest so I guess I'll post here instead of starting a new thread.

I see the gnome, but I can't pull my weapon, thus I can't shoot it. The game tells me to hold down the LT to aim and stuff but I can't pull my pistol / rifle. What do?

Thanks

Edit: I can't even run in all of Brightwall. Don't know what's going on.... I even restarted my xbox.

Dagzey

Sith Lord
Reaction score
Hey guy,

I have a problem with this quest so I guess I'll post here instead of starting a new thread.

I see the gnome, but I can't pull my weapon, thus I can't shoot it. The game tells me to hold down the LT to aim and stuff but I can't pull my pistol / rifle. What do?

Thanks

Edit: I can't even run in all of Brightwall. Don't know what's going on.... I even restarted my xbox.
There are some parts in the game where you are involved in a situation that is more immediate, such as when you fisrt get to Bowerstone Industrial. Until the point where you have witnessed Reaver shooting and ranting at the demonstration, you can't do anything except interact with villagers. This is only one example, but it does happen several times in the game. Another is when you do the 1st initial exploration of the City of Aurora. i discover this while trying to shoot gnomes. (I believe that makes this relevant to the thread)
What I'm saying is, when you enter a town and cannot draw weapons or cast magic, it is not a glitch. If enemies attack and you CANNOT draw weapons, THAT IS A GLITCH

Annwyl

Reaction score
I too jumped in the sparkly circle, (could see the gnome in the corner from elsewhere in the home), but could do nothing but listen to his insults. What worked for me was drawing my weapon, pressing LT to aim, and slowly moving the little aim dot until the gnome was white (I say slowly because if I tried to do it quickly, he would become untargeted, but maybe that is just my unfamiliarity with the Xbox controller!). Then, I shot him and it advanced to the next stage of the quest. Hope this helps others!

Status
Not open for further replies.