• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Star Wars Battlefront

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Star Wars Battlefront will not have a single-player or narrative campaign, DICE revealed to IGN. Rather than a traditional solo outing, Battlefront will rely on a set of short missions which can be played alone, or cooperatively via split-screen or online.

Available November 17, 2015 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.​

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The lack of a narrative campaign is disappointing. I don't want a Star Wars/CoD hybrid. :ermm:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The lack of a narrative campaign is disappointing. I don't want a Star Wars/CoD hybrid. :ermm:

Same as the original Battlefront titles & original BF games too. It was only AFTER they started having fleshed out single player narratives it started to mirror CoD. Battlefront and Battlefield are first and foremost multiplayer titles. So long as the multiplayer delivers and is solid I don't mind lack of single player narrative though would have liked one. I'm a little disappointed in lack of 64 players and it is said to be 40 player instead.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Same as the original Battlefront titles & original BF games too. It was only AFTER they started having fleshed out single player narratives it started to mirror CoD. Battlefront and Battlefield are first and foremost multiplayer titles. So long as the multiplayer delivers and is solid I don't mind lack of single player narrative though would have liked one. I'm a little disappointed in lack of 64 players and it is said to be 40 player instead.

Fair enough, I guess I just lean more towards the more story driven Star Wars games. I look forward to the day I have a PC that can properly run SWTOR.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Fair enough, I guess I just lean more towards the more story driven Star Wars games. I look forward to the day I have a PC that can properly run SWTOR.

Great game and so is the sequel, they were on original Xbox too & can be played on 360 I believe.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Great game and so is the sequel, they were on original Xbox too & can be played on 360 I believe.

Nah, I meant the MMO. I loved the two original KOTOR games though, have them both on the Xbox and the first for PC.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Nah, I meant the MMO. I loved the two original KOTOR games though, have them both on the Xbox and the first for PC.

Ah misread it, my bad though heard it lost a lot of subscribers and they had to change the model of it.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Ah misread it, my bad though heard it lost a lot of subscribers and they had to change the model of it.

Really? That's a shame. I've been very keen to play ever since it came out. I had it for a while on my laptop but it only just ran it at low-medium settings and even then it had a lot of stuttering. My graphics card sucks. :(

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Really? That's a shame. I've been very keen to play ever since it came out. I had it for a while on my laptop but it only just ran it at low-medium settings and even then it had a lot of stuttering. My graphics card sucks. :(

Lost 400,000 subscribers which was 25% of its user base and then it dropped monthly fees. Seemed to have picked up since then though but haven't tried t myself so only know what I have read.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Lost 400,000 subscribers which was 25% of its user base and then it dropped monthly fees. Seemed to have picked up since then though but haven't tried t myself so only know what I have read.

I knew about it being F2P now, it makes sense that it was because of a drop in numbers. From what I played of it, it was really enjoyable and definitely in the same line as KOTOR. Only downside was my own spec limitations. I'd give it a go though when you get the chance.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I knew about it being F2P now, it makes sense that it was because of a drop in numbers. From what I played of it, it was really enjoyable and definitely in the same line as KOTOR. Only downside was my own spec limitations. I'd give it a go though when you get the chance.

To this day the only MMO I have ever played is Guild Wars and I enjoyed what little I played of that (no-one I knew played it at the time).

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
To this day the only MMO I have ever played is Guild Wars and I enjoyed what little I played of that (no-one I knew played it at the time).

I've played Guild Wars too, would love to play it again but I can't get my digital version to download on my current laptop. Wish I had a physical copy.

Like I said, I definitely recommend SWTOR. It's great fun; but like most MMOs, it's not for everyone. But if you enjoyed KOTOR, it's basically the same game. More or less.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Really liked what I saw and local co-op gets a thumbs up from me. Though I get the fear that it'll end up being a re-skinned BF4 with some original gameplay elements sprinkled in.

Now here's hoping it won't be a buggy hodgepodge upon release.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Really liked what I saw and local co-op gets a thumbs up from me.

The mere mention of local co-op gives you an e-boner every time doesn't it?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Damn skippy and it's a crime that it's becoming a dying feature in this age.

So long as people keep crying over 60FPS & 1080p it will continue to decline as its not possible on split screens.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Damn skippy and it's a crime that it's becoming a dying feature in this age.

Alright, calm down old-timer. I like local co-op too, but Andy's right - dat higher quality just isn't compatible with split-screen. :(

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
:/ Yeaaah, I know. Which is a shame, I love performance and quality in my games but it's a double-edge sword. But it still bums me that as time passes I'll have less new opportunities to enjoy the future multiplayer aspects with you or anyone else within the local vicinity.

On the plus side, there's always retro!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
:/ Yeaaah, I know. Which is a shame, I love performance and quality in my games but it's a double-edge sword. But it still bums me that as time passes I'll have less new opportunities to enjoy the future multiplayer aspects with you or anyone else within the local vicinity.

On the plus side, there's always retro!

I tend to hook up 2 TV's and play co-op over Live in the same room at least you dont have to screen share then. Granted it requires 2 copies of a game and 2 Xbox Live memberships but some decent games on free games for gold service here and there.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I tend to hook up 2 TV's and play co-op over Live in the same room at least you dont have to screen share then. Granted it requires 2 copies of a game and 2 Xbox Live memberships but some decent games on free games for gold service here and there.
That was one of the options I was looking at for a good while over the years, but my god... double game purchases for all the games we'd be interested in playing, plus two of the same console (XB1/PS4 ain't cheap)... that's gonna really hurt. Not to mention, that'll only last for however long the dev/publisher feels the need to support their servers. There's already a sizeable chunk of games on 360/PS3 that have their multiplayer servers shut down now. :(