• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Star Wars: Episode VII cast confirmed

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
There was a lot of 'will they wont they' in regards to older characters returning for the new entry in the Star Wars franchise and it seems that lots of old faces WILL in fact be returning.

star-wars-episode-7-cast-announce.jpg

The classic faces from the original Star Wars trilogy: Harrison Ford (Han Solo), Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia) and Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) will all be returning for another outing as will Anthony Daniels (C-3PO), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), and Kenny Baker (R2-D2). Along with some new faces also from John Boyega (Attack the Block), Daisy Ridley (Blue Season), Adam Driver (HBO series 'Girls'), Oscar Isaac (Inside Llewyn Davis), Andy Serkis (Golum, Lord of the Rings), Domhnall Gleeson (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2), and Max von Sydow (Minority Report).

Director J.J. Abrams had the following to say about the casting news...

We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud.

Star Wars: Episode VII is due to hit the big screen on December 18, 2015.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
I find this exciting. I can't wait to see what the do with the old farts! Especially Mark Hamill, for some reason. It seems like he could play a really good Scary Old Luke.

And I really like Andy Serkis, ever since I read some book he wrote about playing Gollum. He did a stellar job with that. I wonder if he'll be playing a part as himself or doing something along the lines of gollum again... either way, I can't wait.

I'm also really glad that people like Peter Mayhew are returning.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I like JJ Abrams & I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with Star Wars. I like that they are trying to please long time fans & also pushing the franchise towards the future.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
I don't know how I feel about JJ Abrams overall-- but what he did with Star Trek kind of gave it more of a Star Wars feel anyway, and Star Wars has always seemed like the more appropriate venue for gaping plot holes (like Star Trek 2009)-- that makes me look forward to seeing what he'll do.