• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Steampunk Fable!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
Steampunk Fable!!

Albion gets older every time a new game comes out, so, why not Steampunk! For those who don't know what steampunk is, it's futuristic technology mixed with medieval/victorian engineering, like a robot but with cogs and hydrolics, for more go to http://www.sillof.com. Anyway, would that be epic? Or would it suck? Tell me what you think!!

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
Re: Steampunk Fable!!

perhaps, i don't picture seeing see much steam punk in fable III though, since it is basically moderns things made victorian style, and fable III is only just in victorian style, so not much modern things to steam punk

HobbeBrain

Reaction score

yeah, I guess...but just imagine! Steampunk Jack of Blades! They have got to include him in Fable III in some form anyway, imagine the way he'd look, especially the mask, in Steampunk mode.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

yeah im ok with that

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

No. Robots and other such futuristic things don't belong in Fable. I understand that it won't have a futuristic feel to it, but it still wouldn't work.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

Necromancer11;370790 said:
No. Robots and such futuristic things don't belong in Fable. I understand that it won't have a futuristic feel to it, but it still wouldn't work.

That was just an example to explain what steampunk is, He wasnt sugesting that fable3 should have robots.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

No. Robots and other such futuristic things don't belong in Fable. I understand that it won't have a futuristic feel to it, but it still wouldn't work.

See, that's the thing with steampunk: it is the perfect "middle step" between fantasy and modern-day setting, and since the Fable series is hell-bent on moving forward through the ages, I'd say it fit Fable 3 perfectly.

Steampunk isn't necessarily futuristic: it is simply replacing a lot of modern inventions with steam (like combustion engines), creating an alternative universe.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

HobbeBrain;370779 said:
Steampunk Jack of Blades! They have got to include him in Fable III in some form anyway

I think you meant:

Steampunk Jack of Blades! If they absolutely have to include him, And I hope they don't, in Fable III then at least make him interesting in some form.

Jack of blades should keep burning in hell like he was all the way through the first one.

And steampunk would suck.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

yeah no robots just a steam punk feel to the game is what i meant :p

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs19/f/2007/274/a/4/Steam_Station_by_skybolt.jpg
^ this would be like bowerstone train station AND this was drawn by a dude who dose offical fable consept art

Tsuyu;370799 said:
See, that's the thing with steampunk: it is the perfect "middle step" between fantasy and modern-day setting, and since the Fable series is hell-bent on moving forward through the ages, I'd say it fit Fable 3 perfectly.

Steampunk isn't necessarily futuristic: it is simply replacing a lot of modern inventions with steam (like combustion engines), creating an alternative universe.
100% agree

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

steampunk is also a registered member on this forum.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Wouldn't bother me.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

here are some steam punk rifles that would fit right in fable 3
steampunk_rifles_by_FROSTconcepts.jpg

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Aions;370857 said:
yeah no robots just a steam punk feel to the game is what i meant :p

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs19/f/2007/274/a/4/Steam_Station_by_skybolt.jpg
^ this would be like bowerstone train station AND this was drawn by a dude who dose offical fable consept art

Well, I guess that wouldn't be so bad. I'd still want Fable to look older than that, though.

Aions;370882 said:
here are some steam punk rifles that would fit right in fable 3
steampunk_rifles_by_FROSTconcepts.jpg

I'm not so sure about that. The middle one looks okay, but you'd have to take the scopes off of the other two. Also take the intricate crap right around the trigger off of the third one. Fable's rifles should be simpler than those.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score

we know fable III will have clockwork and steam, but steam punk tends to make the whole item out of clockwork, but like the middle rifle, it could work to a degree.
although, it seems most relative to the factories and such in bowerstone market, which when king, keeping the factories or improving them would be a generally evil choice.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score

I'd have no problem with a steampunk Fable 3. Indeed, no high technologically advanced robot-like things. Just a the good steamwork. I think that'd be cool. If worked out properly, of course.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score

I think you meant:

Steampunk Jack of Blades! If they absolutely have to include him, And I hope they don't, in Fable III then at least make him interesting in some form.

No, what I meant was:

Steampunk Jack of Blades would look awesome! And even if he wasn't Steampunk, Lionhead ought to include him in Fable III in some form or another.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score

i wouldn't mind seeing a training room in the guild...

HobbeBrain

Reaction score

I thought the Guild was destroyed between Fable TLC and Fable II?

And, these are the Steampunky (is that even a word?) aspects I think should be in Fable III:

1. No crossbows, all guns, like the rifles posted on here earlier, or possibly a rifle handle and a cross bow instead of a barrel
2. While I did just use robots as an example, that gave me an idea - a kind of half armour, half robot thingy people could wear, like a barrel with the front cut off in which the pilot stands that has levers controlling the arms and legs, that are a mesh of cogs and pistons.
3. Zeppelins! Others may disagree, however if you imagine a Steampunk, slightly victorian looking one, that i the kind of thing I'm hinting at.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score

the start menu in fable III will be a living menu in the guild chambers, so instead of scrolling through lists, your character walks up to the item, clothing, map or quest and uses it instead of scrolling through a list and selecting it.

and i think there should be crossbows possible in aurora since i doubt it will be as fully developed as bowerstone city.
also, i think since there was a submarine to get to knothole island, there should be some in fable III

Status
Not open for further replies.