• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Steps of Destiny

Skorn

Lord of Scum and Villainy
Reaction score
Steps of Destiny

((This is mainly from boredom...tell me what you guys think))

The dark corridor weaved in and out underneath the ruined guild. The tunnels were dark and damp due to resting underneath a large lake. My heart thumped as the sound of my footsteps echoed through the darkness and my eyes began to play tricks on me. I shook my head to stay concentrated as I caught sight of a very faint glow up ahead. It looked like the end of the tunnels.

I edged ever closer as the glow got brighter and brighter. I reached the end of the tunnel and came to a short bridge which led straight across to a round room where the light was coming from. My eyes had trouble adjusting to the glow as I stepped inside. As I got used to the light, my vision became clear and I found myself inside an ancient chamber. Pictures colored the walls all around me. They all seemed to have one thing in common…a man clothed in armor. All these paintings had him in them. They seemed to tell a story, but it wasn’t quite clear to me what the story was about.

I turned my attention to the room itself, and suddenly realized that parts of the floor were missing! Gaps were literally in the tile, leaving a long narrow drop of nothing but darkness. In the center of the room were steps, which seemed to be extremely old and damaged. At the top of the steps was a round platform where I realized that the glow was coming from. A ray of light was seeping into the room from the ceiling and drowning the floor in a golden color.

“It is time to accept your destiny.” I heard a woman’s voice echo through the chambers, but saw no one. It was Theresa! “Step into the light.” Her voice sounded calm, but very commanding.

Fear gripped me as I inched forward, uncertain what would happen to me. The light didn’t seem evil, but I could feel something flowing around it…something I was not at all familiar with. My thoughts suddenly turned to Rose and I began to remember that terrible night that had been forever burned into my mind. I had to do this for her. No one else would be able to take these steps, no one else even knew about Lucien’s intentions for the Spire. So, forehead buzzing and palms sweaty, I took a deep breathe…and stepped into the light.