• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drokan

Reaction score
Story

Hello ppl i am new in this forum . I loved Fable lost chapter and its story i liked fable 2 i am sure i will like fable 3 but one thing that i don´t like it´s the fact that they put fable 2 and 3 in a different era of fable 1. And i wish that they go deeper on the story of archons and the old kingdom what do you say? (sorry not english, portuguese xD anyone?)

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Re: Story

Well Fable is based on actual real-world events, and they continue the game as if it were a timeline.

Fable I was based on the medieval Europe, with the lore in it relating to European medieval lore.

Fable II is like the enlightenment period, mostly akin to British Armies and towns. Bowerstone, for example, is based upon London.

Fable III is going to be like a Revolutionary Period similar to a mix between the American Revolution and ties in with Fable II.

Fable I's setting has nothing to do with the settings future games. I liked the setting, but Fable is advancing in timeline fashion, which lets us see how Albion grows.

The safest way to see what future Fables will look like is to study history.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

tjbyrum1;402184 said:
Well Fable is based on actual real-world events, and they continue the game as if it were a timeline.

Fable I was based on the medieval Europe, with the lore in it relating to European medieval lore.

Fable II is like the enlightenment period, mostly akin to British Armies and towns. Bowerstone, for example, is based upon London.

Fable III is going to be like a Revolutionary Period similar to a mix between the American Revolution and ties in with Fable II.

Fable I's setting has nothing to do with the settings future games. I liked the setting, but Fable is advancing in timeline fashion, which lets us see how Albion grows.

well said! +rep to you sir!

i don't know about the historical accuracy of fable :lol:
but they are building on the fable 2 game in a great way! i'm sure if you give fable 3 a chance you'll forget the change was even there.

Reaction score

tjbyrum1;402184 said:

Well like you said a lot of the aspects from fable lore derive from real historic examples.

I would say that fable has a distinct British feeling to it, the word Albion itself being the oldest known name for Britain. The people have a very northern English accent with a few southern English accents thrown in. The whole industrial revolution theme for Fable 3 seems to be pretty British aswell e.g. industrial Bowerstone looking a lot like Victorian London.

Reaction score

I have loved seeing towns like Bowerstone grow and advance especially between 1 and 2. Then seeing some of the screenshots for 3 look indeed very Victorian in style and i love how each game has had its own different feel to it.

In 1 your a warrior born into a bloody and messy medieval world with magic and swords and dragons and mystical creatures. Then see the world evolve in no 2 into something more civilized and humans have stepped away from the mythology and look towards science and more "civilized views".

Then seeing monarchy taking that next step forward in its growth then from what I can see in fable 3 you have the Victorian feel and I want to hear OFF with his / her head uttered once =D

and the one thing i dont want to see is another resurection of lady grey that b****

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

I do love the geographical liberties they took. I'll show you here:

Exhibit A
Europe.jpg

Your everyday political map of Europe

Exhibit B
Albion.jpg

A geographic map of Albion

Exhibit C
PartAlbEur.jpg

The map of Europe placed on top of Albion

Exhibit D
AlbEur.jpg

The map of Europe dimensionally warped over Albion

It's really cool how they did that. Imagine that Italy is non-existent and France stretches to the bottom of the Albion map. Wraithmarsh can be compared to the Doldrums of France. Bloodstone can be compared to the sea faring countries of Spain and Portugal (PORT-ugal). It's really amazing.

SandsOfTime404

Philanthropist
Reaction score

Yeah, I've always liked the way the games are progressing in a timeline fashion. Also helps with the dynamic canon. If a game immediately followed the events of its predecessor, it'd be difficult for the canon to be consistent. Putting 50 years or so between the events of each of the games takes the story (and choices affecting it) out of the players hands and allows for consistency.

I also like what they're doing with Fable III and importing saves from Fable II. It'll hopefully allow for some consistencies in the choices you made. For example, if you chose to lay waste to Oakfield, perhaps an area similar will be desolate in Fable III, or lush if you chose the opposite. I'm not entirely sure the extent of choices that are covered, but that's just an example.

Aside from that, putting a decent portion of time between games means that they can drastically change the world of Albion to give us fresh new landscapes, without having that whole sense of "Woah, so in a matter of weeks Albion underwent a massive facelift?" With time between we can assume that whatever happened while we weren't there did that, same as the story.

Sorry that's all kinda wordy. Having some trouble putting thoughts to words.

Reaction score

SandsOfTime404;403686 said:
Yeah, I've always liked the way the games are progressing in a timeline fashion. Also helps with the dynamic canon. If a game immediately followed the events of its predecessor, it'd be difficult for the canon to be consistent. Putting 50 years or so between the events of each of the games takes the story (and choices affecting it) out of the players hands and allows for consistency.

I also like what they're doing with Fable III and importing saves from Fable II. It'll hopefully allow for some consistencies in the choices you made. For example, if you chose to lay waste to Oakfield, perhaps an area similar will be desolate in Fable III, or lush if you chose the opposite. I'm not entirely sure the extent of choices that are covered, but that's just an example.

Aside from that, putting a decent portion of time between games means that they can drastically change the world of Albion to give us fresh new landscapes, without having that whole sense of "Woah, so in a matter of weeks Albion underwent a massive facelift?" With time between we can assume that whatever happened while we weren't there did that, same as the story.

Sorry that's all kinda wordy. Having some trouble putting thoughts to words.

Yeah hopefully If you allow oakfield to flourish in Fable 2 it will have progressed into a medium sized town with an industrial port, or if you chose to lay waste to it oakfield could become like darkwood or wraithmarsh from the
1st & 2nd games or maybe even a bandit camp.

ciller

Reaction score

tjbyrum1;402184 said:

let me guesss ur american it would not be the french im irish but if it was like the irish it would be a creepy game gurrela warfare burning things with turf scaring british black and tans with gun that have no bullet thats how we got real wepons by the way the luck the irish lol+rep

ciller

Reaction score

Syth the old one;403645 said:
I have loved seeing towns like Bowerstone grow and advance especially between 1 and 2. Then seeing some of the screenshots for 3 look indeed very Victorian in style and i love how each game has had its own different feel to it.

In 1 your a warrior born into a bloody and messy medieval world with magic and swords and dragons and mystical creatures. Then see the world evolve in no 2 into something more civilized and humans have stepped away from the mythology and look towards science and more "civilized views".

Then seeing monarchy taking that next step forward in its growth then from what I can see in fable 3 you have the Victorian feel and I want to hear OFF with his / her head uttered once =D

and the one thing i dont want to see is another resurection of lady grey that b****

sorry she will be there ive seen her as petes wife in a video

ciller

Reaction score

i hope thers a jack the ripper side quest for it in the right setting that would be awesome ps soz for the tripple post

Reaction score

ciller;404483 said:
i hope thers a jack the ripper side quest for it in the right setting that would be awesome ps soz for the tripple post

Mate, that would be f****ing awesome!!! +rep

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

I love the look and feel of the Fable universe. It is so fresh and BRITISH! Which is just an added bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.