• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Strange glitch?

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score
Strange glitch?

I may have found a glitch with potions. I am not sure if this is old news or not, but I thought I'd bring it up anyway.

When using my potions for experience, I tend to get rather impatient, it can take some time after all when you have 4-5 of each kind of potion.

Anyway, I would use a potion, and hit start as soon as the menu disappeared. Sometimes the potion would still be in my inventory, as if it hadn't been used. I use it once more and, if timed properly, it IS possible to use a potion without actually using it. However, you have to continue the process with perfect timing or the potion becomes sonsumed. If the game is allowed to continue after using the potion, it will remove it from your inventory.

My belief, is that when you use a potion, it gives you the experience, THEN removes it from your inventory. In essence, I believe it glitches when you pause in between using the potion and it's removal from your inventory.

I had 2 4star green xp potions, used them enough times for a total of 80k green exp.

Figured it was neat and I'd share.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Re: Strange glitch?

I've known this for a while, but I've kept it secret, kept it safe.

Also works with Height and Weight potions from Knothole.

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score

Does it? Good to know. Potions just became even MORE valuable to me. Thanks for the tidbit ^_^

DiamondFlair

Reaction score

Except it doesnt actually work. I've tried, and no matter how many times you drink a potion, you only get the credit for it once. I thought the same thing when I first found it out, but its merely a cosmetic glitch rather then an abusable one.

EDIT: At least for EXP potions. Not tried it with the Knothole isalnd ones to be fair.

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score

Strange, cuz it's definitely working for me. I've just abused it 3 times.

Edit: I've also confirmed it to work with exp type foods. Divine Carrots and the like. I'm going to test and see if it works with other foods. Tofu's and Crunchy Chicks, also fatness and thinness types. Mostly out of morbid curiosity.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

DiamondFlair;430556 said:
Except it doesnt actually work. I've tried, and no matter how many times you drink a potion, you only get the credit for it once. I thought the same thing when I first found it out, but its merely a cosmetic glitch rather then an abusable one.

EDIT: At least for EXP potions. Not tried it with the Knothole isalnd ones to be fair.

Nope, it actually does work.

Mad Money Z

If I was a penguin...
Reaction score

I have found this to be true! I was going through my potions and I noticed it as well. I thought it was common knowledge but decided not to tell anybody. I didn't know it worked for the Knothole Island Potions though.

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score

I've found it also works for foods that give exp. Since I lack enough of a single item to abuse it until it makes a noticeable dent, I'm unsure if it works for good/evil or pure/corrupt items such as food. However, with basic knowledge of the game's mechanics, I believe if it works for the Knothole Island potions then it SHOULD work for any consumable item.