• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Stuck under map during the quest "Masquerade"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invalid1021

Reaction score
Alright, So got the game this morning, at midnight, and have been playing it virtually non-stop. I'm currently in Bowerstone Industrial, and I seem to have fallen under the map in the mansion.

--Spoiler Alert?--
I'm in Reaver's Mansion, and I've almost killed all the Balverines with the Bowerstone Resistance Leader, and during one of the "Cinematic Combat" things I slipped through the map, and now am stuck, able only to watch as my poor friend gets slashed at by Balverines. She seems to be Incredibly perserverant, as this has been going on for about the last hour and she hasn't died, but thats not really the issue.
I can't find a way back into the map, I cant shoot or cast at the Balverines, and I can't fast travel anywhere because I'm in the middle of combat/a quest, and to top it all off, it autosaved when I tried to go to the sanctuary and find a way out, so its not like I can just revert to the last save... Which would be great, but it seems you can only have 1 save per hero...

If anyone else has made it this far, or might have some advice which doesn't include starting a new game which, seeing as I'm ~50% through the game, would be a last resort, feel free to post ideas...

yosarrian

Reaction score
Have you downloaded the new title update for the game yet? That may fix your issue.

Invalid1021

Reaction score
Yes I did, had already downloaded it when this occurred. And as far as i know the only thing the update does is fixes some of the multiplayer features...

Crazy_Mike1991

Sparrow
Reaction score
i have the same problem, but in a different situation, i wan on a relationship improvement quest and when i fast traveled i fell though the floor, and now im falling forever, since im falling i cant go to the sanctuary, and it saved when i fast traveled so i cant turn off the x-box and reload my game.... i tried that and it just went back to me falling, any ideas?

ChaseMc

Reaction score
Yes i have the same problem, but I'm stuck in the main room where the Balverines attack you. After killing 4-5 they seemed to stop spawning and the combat music just keeps playing but nothing is happening. I turned off my xbox, but when i load the game I'm in the same room with the dead Balverines around me. Please help me I'm stuck in this room.

wiljan360

Reaction score
I got the same problem, also in Reaver's mansion. :( Hopefulle they will fix this very soon.

DeeKhan

Reaction score
I am too in the Reaver's Mansion stuck under the map. How do I go about fixing it, or do I need to start all over?

Forsvars

Reaction score
I was stuck under the map as well except in a different location. If you haven't saved, turn off your Xbox and load your last save. You'll lose progress, but it's the only way to get unstuck at this time.

Invalid1021

Reaction score
Alright, I got through it again, and killed all the balverines without falling, and Now I am stuck in the room, with nothing happenning... What is up Lionhead? Get your game together before you ship it out, I would rather wait another week then play a game so buggy that it is unplayable...

Dannyc23

Reaction score
Alright, I got through it again, and killed all the balverines without falling, and Now I am stuck in the room, with nothing happenning... What is up Lionhead? Get your game together before you ship it out, I would rather wait another week then play a game so buggy that it is unplayable...
This is exactly why I'm waiting until they release a patch to play the game again. The amount of game-breaking bugs are utterly ridiculous.. If I pay $60 for a game I should at least be able to play it.

Invalid1021

Reaction score
They've already released one patch, to "Fix" co-op, and honestly, Its about 3 times laggier than it was in fable 2... and a whole lot buggier.

Ernie

Reaction score
Same problem -.-" After a relationship Quest I went to do one of the quests to gain Bowerstone on my side etc etc... and as soon as I tele there, I start falling off the map infinitely. I've tried everything, We're basically effed till they find out about this and fix it...

RED STORMKEEPER

Reaction score
iv had same thing happen to me just bought game today and been playing for hours im at the revelution part what happened to me and my players did a move where it jumps and breaks the neck of the target after that im now takeing a gay trip into the never ending void i hope this get fixed soon becuse this is really retarded yes i patched yes iv tryed reloading but its saddly auto saves on the main save so there no going back when it happens :p

Burdogg88

Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem! I am currently stuck in the masquerade quest as well in Reavers Mansion. After killing about 5 of the wolverines, they stopped spawning and the battle music continues to play. Nothing is happening and the woman who was with me just keeps looking around for more of them. I can pause and go to my sanctuary to do other things but cannot fast travel seeing as I am currently doing a quest./ Unfortunately it auto-saved within that room so when I load it justs loads me at the same point where I am stuck. This is very frustrating and is definitely a game-breaker. It's starting to **** me off. Lionhead better fix this sooooon!!! If anyone else finds a solution feel free to message me. My xbox live name is Burdogg88. Thanks for posting this thread!

Invalid1021

Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem! I am currently stuck in the masquerade quest as well in Reavers Mansion. After killing about 5 of the wolverines, they stopped spawning and the battle music continues to play. Nothing is happening and the woman who was with me just keeps looking around for more of them. I can pause and go to my sanctuary to do other things but cannot fast travel seeing as I am currently doing a quest./ Unfortunately it auto-saved within that room so when I load it justs loads me at the same point where I am stuck. This is very frustrating and is definitely a game-breaker. It's starting to **** me off. Lionhead better fix this sooooon!!! If anyone else finds a solution feel free to message me. My xbox live name is Burdogg88. Thanks for posting this thread!
This Happened to me after the third time I made a new game... Now I have 3 heroes, all approximately the same place, and all stuck... They aren't all in the mansion, but they are all around the point when you get into bowerstone.. When you are proving your worth to the resistance.. etc. Really dissapointed with the amount of game-breaking bugs in this game right now.. This is what beta-testers are for, not paying customers expecting a fully working game...

Ernie

Reaction score
Is there any way to report this to their coders?

akaana

Reaction score
Same situation, fast traveled to Market and fell from waaay above the map allll the way down and now floatin around in a giant sky for all eternity because of the damn auto-save. Everyone should send this on to the link above me and hopefully something will actually be done about this ridiculous game ruining bug.

DjDutch

Reaction score
if you are stuck in reavers mansion on this quest and not under the map but still hear the battle music... try opening the steel doors that are all around you.... i had 1 balverine left behing one of those doors... hope this helps.... as for me i was playing co-op and fell through in the shifting sands tried to use someone elses game to save but when i went back to mine it put me right back in the same place.... bollocks i say

Nicck

Angelic Hero of Albion
Reaction score
Go the santuary and try and join an xbox live coop game and see if that helps at all, other then that starting a new game maybe the only solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.