• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Suggestion for the sig battles

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
Hey,

Posting it here seeing as it's moreso an area-related suggestion than site-wide. Forgive me if it should've been in the Heroes' Guild forum anyway.

That said, I was thinking for a while (after Necromancer mentioned "keeping a tab of all winners in-case rep returns" in the recent signature battle thread) and stumbled upon an idea that we were holding in the Graphics Department at another place. Basically, it's a "Hall of Contest Winners" thread, which contains a list of all contests, and the winners.

Here's an example.

Would be a good idea, yes, no?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
If people are open to it, then sure. I don't see why not.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
you should do it with the winners of the "every 10" winners. like, every 30-40 maybe?

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
That sounds like a good idea, too. Every 10 winners should be good. 30 or 40 sounds a bit long, imo.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I do like this idea and can easily have it done if wanted. At the other forum I was at a couple years ago before returning to here we had a HoF thread that would have the winners of each week, it worked out very well when there was someone there to keep it organized and well-updated.

I don't dislike the idea of a HoF entry for every 10th winner, but a new entry every 10 weeks is a long time.. And there's only 2 people to have won those: Me, and Zjuggernaut I believe.

What about listing the winners of each week but also list the 10th winners (in some fancy manner or something) in the thread?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Hmm, I'm not really sure about putting the winners of every 10th battle in another thread. It might make for too many stickies in this forum section. I'll do something that sets them apart from the rest of the winners though. I just have one question. Is there a limit to the amount of images that you can have in one post? That might get in the way of something like a sig battle winner hall of fame.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
Well, I do think there is a limit. Just not sure how high it is set. Usually (from my experience, anyway) it's set to 20 by default. But why not reserve a few posts in advance so you can edit them accordingly once the time comes? That way, you can ensure that there is no interruption in continuation. At least, assuming that the thread isn't closed.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score
I don't understand what you mean Gakoyu. Are you saying that there should be a thread with only the most recent 20 winners?

Why not just post the sigs of every sig winner ever in one thread, so that people can see what the themes have been and which sig won in that category. (This way people can see the themes that have already happened, so they know what not to expect)

There would obviously also be a special section in the thread for the winner of each 10, just make the font Gold or something.

(If you're all saying that the list would be too long, just look at HobbeBrain's drawing thread and tell me why you couldn't do that except with sigs?)

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I didn't get that impression from Gakoyu's posts. I was assuming he meant we put all the winners in the thread like you just said. Whether he meant that or not, that's what I plan on doing if I make that thread.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
I don't understand what you mean Gakoyu. Are you saying that there should be a thread with only the most recent 20 winners?

Why not just post the sigs of every sig winner ever in one thread, so that people can see what the themes have been and which sig won in that category. (This way people can see the themes that have already happened, so they know what not to expect)

There would obviously also be a special section in the thread for the winner of each 10, just make the font Gold or something.

(If you're all saying that the list would be too long, just look at HobbeBrain's drawing thread and tell me why you couldn't do that except with sigs?)
Aye, exactly what you and Necromancer said, Droded. Simply putting it in one thread and calling it whatever Necromancer wants.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score
Maybe I didn't read it correctly, but I still don't understand what you meant when you said "The default is 20".

What does the number represent?

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
Ah, it was a reply to Necromancer's question: "Is there a limit to the amount of images that you can have in one post?". In vBulletin the default image count limit per post was 20, and I'm assuming that's some default for most forums. But chances are I'm wrong, seeing how most people configure that immediately.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
I like the idea except for the "every 10 winners" or whatever. Seems a little...limited that way. D:

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I like the idea except for the "every 10 winners" or whatever. Seems a little...limited that way. D:

Well, they're not the only ones who will be in it. I plan on putting all winners in the hall of fame.

Anyway, for now I'm just waiting for word from a staff member (probably Gikoku) about the limit on the number of images per post. Once we discuss that and work out anything that needs to be worked out, I think I'll set this thing up.

Oh, and it will be stickied, right?

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
IMO, it should be sticked; keeps it nice on top for easy review (and edits).

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Yeah, it'll be stickied.

Hmm, I'm not really sure about putting the winners of every 10th battle in another thread. It might make for too many stickies in this forum section. I'll do something that sets them apart from the rest of the winners though. I just have one question. Is there a limit to the amount of images that you can have in one post? That might get in the way of something like a sig battle winner hall of fame.

I meant have them all in one thread together, not separately. There's still an image limit I believe per post, which should be 12 images.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I meant have them all in one thread together, not separately. There's still an image limit I believe per post, which should be 12 images.

Alright. Can a mod override that? Like if I post 12 images, could you go in and edit my post to insert more images? Or would there have to be more than one post?

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
From what I have been made aware by Gik, the developers of XenForo haven't implemented a control panel; only admins. And even then, I do not believe XenForo will allow administrator edits (which are mostly forum-wide, including image limits), nor does any other forum software.

Best bet would be to ask Andrew or Steve. Or Angel.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Well, me & Tsuyu can still edit threads and the posts within in them (copy, delete, move, sticky, close, etc.), we just don't have any other powers except that (yeah, very lame I know).

I won't be able to bypass the image limit, but I can make more posts for you to insert more images. However, I will have a chat with Andrew and see if he can increase the image limit to possibly 20.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Alright, cool. I'll go ahead and wait to see what he says before I make the hall of fame.