• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Super Meat Boy

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score
smb1.jpg

I'm really surprised there isn't already a thread on this ! The critical reaction to Super Meat Boy has been HUGE. This little arcade game has been awarded Game of the Year by some people alongside RDR! (sorry can't find the source, but trust me lol) WTF?! 10/10s and near perfect scores are handed to this title as if it were the answer to the meaning of life. I'm still holding out for the number 42 for now :lol:

The first time I played SMB was around a mates house and I got hooked instantly and fell in love with Super Meat Boy and his quest to rescue Bandage Girl from the evil Dr. Fetus . . . This is awesome ! I fortunately saw that it was reduced from 1200 to 800MS points on the marketplace (I think it still is btw :D) and I haven't looked back since. It is simply a 'trial and error' game and you definitely learn from your mistakes. I haven't been this addicted to an arcade game since Trails HD. It has over 300 levels and it consists of cameos from other games such as Tim from Braid, Gish from Gish, and The Kid from I Want To Be The Guy (in my opinion the hardest character to unlock. BEWARE). There are 'Light World' and a 'Dark World' levels, which are unlocked after achieving the par time on the Light World version.

You die. A lot. Over and over again. I must have died a few thousand times by now :p Each death may have you ripping your hair out and contemplating how hard you would have to throw your controller to completely obliterate it, however, you calm yourself down, somehow, and continue playing because you have the gift of infinite re-spawns. The soundtrack is really good aswell and doesn't restart after each death but stays on a constant, continuous loop. A small feature but much appreciated.

SMB is a return to retro gaming and it's a delightful yet frustratingly irritating good laugh.

I give it a 11/10. Why? 'Cos it goes there.

Give it a watch here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snaionoxjos

SweetWater

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the SMB Editor and Portal to come out sometime this month.