• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The City of Brightwood (Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
The City of Brightwood (Confirmed)

There’s a point in the game where you can marry the daughter of the mayor of this village called Brightwood; if you marry her she comes with a whole load of followers because you’re married into the family of the mayor. There’s a reason to do that, because these followers are really, really important. I would love to tell you another reason why they’re really important but I can’t.

---

I read that in an interview with Peter Molyneux.

Brightwood... that forest where the tower and Gile's Farm was... where Ripper lived... It is in Fable III to but a city instead.

You know what is weird? I can see my Fable III Character running around the streets of Bowerstone on Fable II...

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score
Re: The City of Brightwood (Confirmed)

I see what molyneux is scheming. It also depends on the fable 2 save. basically if you helped giles the farm would turn out to be good and a desirable district. If you helped ripper the farm will be a place of crime. Its just gonna be like bowerstone old town.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score

brightwood was just a forest with the tower and farm in it, so 50 years later, it becomes a "village" which seems cool, like a cosy little place.
the fable 2 decision will probably have a big effect on it, i'm not sure about if the places decided not to do the quest.

being a village i doubt there will be as much followers than a town or city might bring, so the choice to mary the daughter will probably be alot more than just followers, like a developed relationship during quests related to brightwood, which could then be developed further.

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score

tjbyrum1;377224 said:
There’s a point in the game where you can marry the daughter of the mayor of this village called Brightwood; if you marry her she comes with a whole load of followers because you’re married into the family of the mayor. There’s a reason to do that, because these followers are really, really important. I would love to tell you another reason why they’re really important but I can’t.

---

I read that in an interview with Peter Molyneux.

Brightwood... that forest where the tower and Gile's Farm was... where Ripper lived... It is in Fable III to but a city instead.

You know what is weird? I can see my Fable III Character running around the streets of Bowerstone on Fable II...

Where was this interview?

numb3rs

Guilty Pleasure
Reaction score

i hope its an actual city, it was annoying in Fable 2 how, while there were quite a few villages, there wasn't any Cities like Bowerstone that spread across more than one loading screen

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score

I want a big entire city.

With multiple shops... like several clothing SHOPS (not stalls) and several blacksmith's etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.