• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Fairfax King

Reaction score

Elder-Scrolls-5-Skyrim-Dragonshout-Details.jpg
The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim_cover.png
Elder-Scrolls-5-Skyrim-Dragon.jpg

For anyone who is interested I thought I would make this post to show you all what's going on with Bethesdas Game Studios newest game :)

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is set in the island of Skyrim and is two hundred years after their last game, The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. You can create your own character, choosing from many of the races, own characteristics and own fighting style. Defiantly one for those who love RPG games!

My two favourite races:
Skyrim.png

Skyrim is not a direct sequel to Oblivion, but a new chapter in the Elder Scrolls series, set 200 years after the events of Oblivion. In the preamble to Skyrim, the Empire began ceding territory to the Elven nations it once ruled, because there was no heir to the Emperor's throne. The Blades had no one to defend, and gradually died, were murdered, or secluded themselves from the rest of the world. After the king of Skyrim was assassinated, a civil war broke out amongst the native Nord race – the majority being those who wished for Skyrim to secede from the Empire, and the rest being those who wished for Skyrim to stay in the Empire.

As with previous Elder Scrolls games, Skyrim begins with the player character as an unknown prisoner, on the way to their own execution. The player eventually learns that Skyrim's civil war is last in a sequence of prophetic events foretold by the Elder Scrolls, which also foretell of the return of Alduin, the Nordic god of destruction. Taking the form of a gigantic dragon, Alduin is prophesied to consume the world with his servants, the Jills (a race of black dragons). The player character is the last Dovahkiin (Dragonborn), a dragon hunter anointed by the gods to help fend off the threat Alduin poses to Skyrim and Tamriel. Aiding the player is Esbern, one of the last Blades.

Here are some game-play videos from IGN where you can see the stunning artwork and graphics of the game, I mean come on, even if you have no interest in the game you must see how amazing the textures and graphics are

Hope you enjoyed reading about Skyrim and hope you enjoyed the videos! I know I did!

Sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_V:_Skyrim, http://www.youtube.com

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Moved your thread to a more appropriate section for you, and I personally can't wait to get Skyrim on the PC.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Hands down my most anticipated game of the year.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I'm getting it when it comes out which is a rarity in our house because of how expensive new games are but I'm so stupidly excited I think I might pass out until November :D :D