• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The First Hobbes (End)

F

fierce147

The First Hobbes (End)

This is the sequel to The First Hobbes.

It was twelve at nigh and Captain Darius was getting tired of searching for the child who had gone missing. He thought back to the poor woman who ran into the guards quaters screaming like a mad man. She said the child had been missing for a few hours. The guards were put on alert and s=they had been searching for the kid since 10 in the morning. They even went as far as to search the woods outside of town. Everybody in the search party was tired, but they had one last place to check, The condemned Church. The building had been closed since the time of William. It had been two hours since Brad and Anthony went in and Darius was getting impatient. "Open the doors" he barked at his men. "Were going in". "But sir didn't the mayor say to wait until they got dogs out here?". Darius observed the small man approach in the standard recruit uniform. He had blonde hair, blue eyes, and tight muscles. It was to bad he was to cowardly to even enter an old church. "Excuse me, but I have superiority over you so mover your arse in there and find that kid!". The recruit scurried away faster than Darius saw anything move, he was obviously scared of the veteran captain. When Darius entered the decrepit old building he immeadetly noticed the smell of death. It was said this place used to be home to dark rituals. "Guard the entrance men! I'm gonna search the basement. Yell if you see anything" he ordered. The base ment was dark, musty, and moist. The perfect place to hide. "Help me". Darius was stunned by the voice. It sounded like a child. He was filled with excitement, finally he would be able to sleep! As he rounded the corner what he saw was gruesome and horrific. There on the floor were two of men. Cut open from the grion to the throat. "Help me". This cry was more urgeant. He rushed to the end of the basement. In the corner was a child starring at the wall. "Is he crying" Darius thought. " No I think he's laughing". All around him red eyes opened. The figures were no taller than children. There pointy ears, and sharp teeth showed they were creatures of death. Yet the most distinguishing characteristic of them was their child like laughter which soon filled the room. They were all covered in blood, probably from his dead men. As they moved toward him Darius realized what these creatures were, the children of the city.

For the next 10 years the newly born hobbes would surface all around Albion as Jack laughed in his banishment.