• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The game was good until... (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rengan

Reaction score
The very end. I am absolutely amazed that this really happened, but there is NO point of no return warning. NONE! The game literally goes from 122 days left until the invasion to the very battle itself. Here I was thinking I had at least some tone of finality to look for before I stoppped questing and focused on building my castle coffers, but it goes from judging whether to cut down trees in icemist straight to the moment of moral judgement.

But that's not all. In the single greatest display of design failure I've ever encountered, the game automatically saves your file when that battle starts. Now, with no warning given or chance of redemption, I'm supposed to either make due with 6.5 million people being dead and everyone left hating me, or start my game over completely.

Does that sound a little absurd to anyone else?

Rhood133

Reaction score
Yup. I hear you. It was as if makign all the bad decisions made me somehow actually feel bad and then everyone dies and i am hated. YAY! So does this mean that if I am evil everyone lives and then love me?

Terpman

The Apple Pie Assassin
Reaction score
It was very random. I wonder if the population will go up after awhile?

lao113

Reaction score
It was very random. I wonder if the population will go up after awhile?

I've noticed that the population is very slowly growing, I did however make every possible good decision and I do currently own and rent out every building you can buy which I'm not if either of those two statements are relevant, but they're there. On that note I'm starting a new char 2moro when I can get someone to help me transfer some money to a new acc.

Malkelvi

Reaction score
Just finished. Virtually no losses here, with all the good choices being done. However, I kept all of my money in the treasury as I was constantly doing upgrades that required me to increase my moral standing, so I'd usually just drop in all my money every so often. Ended up with 10m in the treasury when the attack hit.

Agreed though on the lack of warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.