• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Arckon

The Kingdom

This is my first fable fan fiction in chater one it's kinda hard to see how this is a fable fan fiction but it will become more visable, this Is my first one so don't make fun of me! its called The Kingdom.
pimp_text_06_26_2007_11_58_49_81112.gif

Chapter I

His name is Baxton, he is the king of Albion and he is laying on his death bed, Eldest son at hand. "Arbous, my son, for the throne you should not have to wait too long,
but before I leave for the heaven that is Karnak, where Avo rules. I am to tell you of my past, and of a man who helped me become what I am now . I wasn't born a king, I was chosen by the people of Albion.The man who helped me become what I am now was called Haakon, He was a hero of legend. I served in war with under his command. It was fifty-five years ago to this day, when we won the last battle against the Stormglad barbarians."

"Captain Baxton, are our lines ready yet?" asked Haakon. He spoke with a tone of
eagerness. "I want to get back to my family and my farm before the harvest!"

"General Haakon, sir! Our lines are ready and once these barbarians are defeated
you'll be home three weeks before the harvest!" I stated with a false humor, but I couldn't
have known what was to happen next.

"Has our emissary made it back with their surrender yet?" questioned Haakon.
Though I think he already knew the answer to that question."It's been nearly five hours.
I am going to have to send a battalion after him."

"Sir, look! Out there in the field!" I shouted, and with a quick look I knew the
barbarians were not going to surrender. "The emissary's horse-- It's--it's bloody."
The barbarian killed the emissary and used his blood to paint rune onto the horse
stateing they would not surrender.

"Damn it all!" Haakon spat. "These people should know when they are conquered!
Now we have to bloody our hands and paint the field red with their blood. Baxton, on me!"

"Yes sir, Haakon." I said, and then we were off to the barracks. Once inside we
went straight to the artillary sergant. "Arkon, get the catapults loaded, and the ballistae armed.
Have the catapults in range of the tree line." I ordered with a great deal of power.

"But sir, that will put our soldiers into friendly fire's way." argued Arckon, with concern.

"The range is fine, Arckon, we will be firing lit rounds at the tree line, before our soldiers
advance." said Haakon. "That is where the barbarians will most likly enter the field."

And with that statement a horn sounded. It was no Albion horn, it was them. The
barbarians had arrived. With Albion horns sounding a rush of soldiers were getting ammunition for the
archers, catapults, and ballitae. "Sir, we should get to the front, and start this battle so it may be finished."
I said with much eagerness.

"Aye, and to the front we shall go, to finally give the barbarians their defeat. This could of been much easier for the both of us, if they had surrendered." said Haakon with a hint of sarcasm. Then we were off to the front. Passing us were rushing soldiers, carrying the ammunition needed to give us the upper hand. We made it to the front, as the rushing came to a cease,wich meant, we were ready. "Many of you have fought with me in previous battles, and many of you have shed blood for your country, with this battle the war will end, and you can go home to your wives. As for me, in a months time I will be in my field, cutting grain, shucking corn, and gathering the pick of the crop, and if you find yourself in the fields of Karnak with the sun's warmth on your face, do not fear for your life, for you are already dead."said Haakon inspiringly, many in the ranks luaghed. "Now let this war end, let us bask in the comfort of home, LET US KISS OUR CHILDREN, LET US REST EASLY FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES!" and with that ending of the speechthere was a chorus of cheers, and praises. Many a man cried, and admit I had tears welling in the corner of mine. "Now we WILL end this war, and deliver the final blow. ARCHER, BOWS AT THE READY,DRAW BOWS, FIRE!" shouted Haakon. The archers loosed their arrows upon the barbarians ,and the battle started. As a rain of arow fell onto the barbarians they tried to hide in the dusk, after the third volley Haakon shouted "ARCHERS, FIRE AT WILL,CATAPULTS FIRE! bALLISTAE FIRE!" Fir fell from the skies burning the tree line and any barbariane caught in the chaos. "CEASE FIRE!" Haakon ordered. "NOW SOLDIERS, THE TIME HAS COME, PREPARE FOR THE END OF THE WAR, OR PREPARE FOR THE BRIGHTNESS OF KARNAK! CHARGE!"

The people of Albion charged down the field, running head on at the barbarians, I was among the first to reach them. As my blade sliced on ones back, i felt a surge of energy, rippling through my body. My blade then caught another enemy, slicing the back of the knee, then stabbing through his chest. Albion horns sounded and that meant that the people from artillary had been sent in. An axe caught my blade and the barbarian threw it fifteen feet. His axe then went for my chest but I caught it just barely. I struggled with the barbarian trying to gain control; I fought the axe away from him and cut his arm off at the shoulder. Only to have another barbarian stab me in the calf. I staggered and fell. The barbarians blade coming down to chop my skull in half. End of Chapter I

A

Arckon

Re: The Kingdom

No one likes me? Nah that can't be it.^_^

Chapter 2

... But out of no where a teethed great sword stopped the blade right in front of my face. Just by the look of the blade I knew it was his. It was Haakon. He slew the barbarian in an instant. "Having troubles now are we, don't go dieing on me now Baxton, your my greatest and truest friend." stated Haakon. He he handed me my blade and spun on his heel and ran back into the battle, dissapearing in the sea of warriors. I followed him into the battle, but he was no where to be found, but I did find Arckon. I made my way through the barbarians, sliceing, and jabbing through. I made it to him, but the moment he gestered hello to me, a blade pertruded through his chest.
"You barbarian devils, curse you all." I raged. The babarian retracted his blade and Arckon fell limply. The barbarian made his way to me.
The barbarian said, "Your friend here, should pay more attention to battle, and not his friends, but don't worry you'll soon join him."
"He was my brother," I said, eager to kill this barbarian, and defile his corpse after the battle. " and you will pay for what you did to him." I ran at him flailing my blade, only to have him cath it with his sword. He threw off my attack, and tried to stab me in the ribs. I parried, and slice his back. He shook off the blow, and spun his blade just barley cutting my chest. Pain jabbed through my nervs. I backed up, thrown off balence by the cut. I ran back at him, and he tried a slice at my head, I ducked and stabbed him between the ribs. I pulled out my blade, his blood bathing my face. He stumbled and fell back, only to get back up again. He ran at me, and I easily dodged his attack and stabbed him through his back into his heart.
All around me I heard cheering, but I didn't care I knew the battle was over. I ran to where my brother was, only to find Haakon lifting my brother onto a stretcher. I ran of to my brother. "is he alive" I asked.
"Yes, Baxton, Arckon is alive, but I don't know if he can make it." He said with a sadend tone. "You did well out there, the war is over, we should make our way to our home country know."
"We should wait till tomarrow." I said eager to be at my brothers side. Haakon noticed my eagerness and gesterd toward my brother. I ran to my brother and asked the surgen,"Is he going to live." The surgen shook his head and said, "I'll leave you with him."

End of Chapter 2

A

Arckon

:OOk I am starting to feel completely unloved by almost all:'(

Chapter 3

"Arckon!" I squealed, but it was too late he was gone. I felt completely destroyed my younger brother killed right before my very eyes. My eyes flooded with tears, my heart bled with pain, But then Haakon came to my side, he lay a hand on my back, somthing I had never expected him to do.

"You should be proud, Baxton." He said, in a futile atempt to cheer me up. "I mean he did die in battle, the last battle of all things where it mattered most. He went into this battle a sergant, and you will walk him out a hero. Place him on his sheald, and with sword upon his chest you and three of his best friend carry him out to his grave."

"I know what must be done, Haakon! Will you be one to carry him out with me?" I asked as the last of my sobs departed.

"Yes, I will." He said with a smile of grief. "But we must report to the mother land soon, gather two more of his friends. We carry him out within the hour. Where will he be buried, In Lychfield I think not. He will be buried, amongst his fellow heroes, in the guild. If that is alright with you?"

"Yes, it's fine with me, he has always wanted to be buried there." I stated. "I will find two more of his friends now."

A soldier enter the room, with a message. "Lord Haakon, I have a message from the senate. It seems they are eagerly awaiting you and your earliest victory." said the soldier.

"My victory. I think not, I did not kill every last barbarian by myself, no it was soldiers like these," said Haakon, pointing to Arckon's body. " I am tired of war, I am tired of losing good men. Men that are my friends."

And with that a silence fell over the room. I left in search of two of my brothers dearest friends, only to find they too were killed in battle. It looks like it is only me and Haakon carrying my brother. I thought to myself.

End of Chapter 3

S

souledge37

a very good story im can't wait for more. sad 3rd chapter

A

Arckon

:w00t: I am loved again ^_^
I will be sure to posta new chapter soon.

F

FableFreak

Not bad, seems more like a Medieval story than a fan fiction...

A

Arckon

Chapter 4

I went back to the tent, and when I stepped in Haakon asked, "Where are Arckon's other friends."
I replied, "They all died in the battle, it's just you and me carrying him out. Now are you ready, Haakon?"
Haakon nodded in response, and asked. "Baxton, I need you to meet the senate with me, will you do that? After all you are the highest rank besides me. Of course we're meeting them after the funerial."
"Haakon, I will, but it must be after the funerial. Now lets get this done."I said as we hefted Arckon onto his sheild. We lifted him onto our shoulders. I led us out. To my surprise, there was a line of soldiers on either side of the door. They must be here to pay there respects to Arckon. I thought to myself. We strode through the lane the soldiers left us, many of them bowing as we passed. We loaded Arckon onto the cart, and the cart left for the heroes guild.
The funerial had passed, and Haakon and I were leaving for Greystone, the place were the senate meets. We were walking out of the guild when the Guildmaster stopped us. "Haakon, it's been a long time since we last met, and congratulations on your last victory." said the guildmaster.
"Weaver! It has been a long time. So have you had any promising heroes in the guild lately?" Haakon asked, while I was wondering how they new eachother.
"Well, we have had Vrail, but he is no where near as good as you were." s chuckled the guildmaster. and I belted out "Haakon is a hero!?"
End of Chapter 4

B

blu phoenix

Very nice Arc. An enjoyable story! + rep for you!

I

imacheater2k7

Not done reading it all yet, but awesome so far. +rep.

A

Arckon

Chapter 5

"Haakon, your a hero?! why didn't you tell me?!" I asked still dazed about what I just heard.
"Yes, I was a hero. That life has been behind me for ten years now." Haakon said. "Weaver I am sorry but we must take our leave. We must be in Greystone in two days."
"Yes, yes, yes. Just be sure to stop by to reminess with this old man." said the guildmaster. We took our leave through Greatwood, past the picnic area.
"Baxton, how old are you?" asked Haakon. I was suprised by his question, It was unlike Haakon to ask about indeviduels. Especialy to their faces.
"I am sixteen. My brother died at the age of fifteen." I said preparing for a wave of pain to crash over me, but the pain did not follow my words.
"So young, both of you are so young." said Haakon. "What age were you when you joined the army?"
"I was thirteen, Arckon was twelve. Why?" I asked. He never answered my question. We were now in the Greatwood Lake area, and we still had a ways to go. After all we had to get through the rest of Greatwood, almost all the way through Darkwood, and had to solve the Gaurdian Demon Doors riddle, and the Demon Door was just before Barrow Feilds. We decided to stop in the Greatwood Gorge for the night.
The following mourning was an early mourning. When we were all packed up, we made it to the culis gat before we were ambushed by bandits. It was a small raiding party, about a dozen or so. "Give the 'Black Hand' Gang all of your valuables if you wish to live." Said the bandits leader. We made short wprk of them. Haaken pulled his toothed sword, only to sheathe it into the lead bandit, I then pulled my sword wich resembled the Katana Hiyru, and stabbed one badit it in the chest, ten decapitated another. Haaken had killed six by the time I had killed two. The rest had fled, leaveing their dead and dieing.
"Well, that was easy," said Haaken. "we might aswell well take what is going to be of use to us, they won't need it now." we walked through the caves into Darkwood. "Keep a sharp-eye, Baxton, balverines and hobbes haunt these woods, and the occasional nymph."
We mad it to the Gaurdien Demon Door without conflict. The Demon Door said.

"You wish to pass through me to Greywood
Through Greatwood and Darkwood you have stood
You must solve my riddle to pass
Are you ready at last?"

"Yes we are ready Demon Door." said Haaken, eager to precede.
The Demon Door asked.

"What are you able to feel
it seems solid and real
here time seems to stand still
Solve my riddle and bend me to your will"

End of Chapter 5

for those of you that solve you get rep.

B

blu phoenix

Lovely Arc, just excellent! I'll have to try and solve the riddle...although I'm not very good with riddles.:lol:

A

Arckon

Ya thnx for the moral support everybody:D
Chapter 6

"hmmmmm. 'What are you able to feel, it seems solid and real, here time seems to stand still'. What could it be?" asked Haaken He stood with his arms crossed leading against a wall pondering. "'What are you able to feel, it seems solid and real, here time seems to stand still'."
"Haaken this is so easy, don't you get it. Dreams. Any dreamer should be able to get, that." I said feel highly supior at that one moment,
" You still dream, Baxton? Once you see half as many battles as I do you stop dreaming. If you don't you'll only have nightmares. Demon Door, is the answere to your riddle dreams?" asked haaken in a cold tone, only makeing me feel like myself again, just another person.

" You have solved my riddle, in you go
just wipe your feet before you enter." said the demon door.

We entered and after a long journey we made it to Greystone.I let out a sigh of releaf, as we exited the tunnel. The city was even bigger than Bowerstone and Oakvale combined. We passed a news board and the people crowded around it. "Oh. My god Oakvale has been razed." let out a women, and another women started to sob and said, "Avo, no I have family in..." and that was all we could make out before she sobbed full on.

"Must've been the "Black Hand' Gang, that mostlikely were the bandits we encountered came from." said Haaken. "We need to get to the senate, now." We quickend our pace, after ten minute of roaming we found ourselves in front of a huge tower. We entered and found the senate on the first floor. Thank avo we don't have to climb stairs. I thought to my self.

The entire senate said at once. "Ah Haaken, we have been expecting you. As you know the war with the Stormglad Barbarians is over. Now we have a new threat on our hands. Jack of Blades has returned."

end of Chapter 6

R

Rhadiel

hmmmm....i like^_^ hope to read more of it:ninja:

B

blu phoenix

Good chapter arc! Looking forward to the next. +rep.

A

Arckon

yay, tasty little rep points (they'll never know that my story is enchanted, and soon, they will be my puppets, and I will be the puppetre, then we will make a marvalous puppet show, and make billions, muahahahahahahahaha.)

Chapter 7

"It can't be!" shouted Haaken. "I was the one who defeated him, I took his head, how can he still be alive?" Haaken was completely confused, as was I. Haaken was also the hero who defeated Jack of Blades. But that's imposible, that was over one hundred years ago, and he doesn't even look a day over thirty. I thought to myself.
"Haaken, we know your frustration, but we can't be figureing out how he is here. We must find him and kill him once and for all. We don't know how yet but we will get our best scholars on right away. We need you to go back to the guild and search for Maze, he has a book about Jack of Blades, and I am affraid it is the only copy left, in all of Albion. We need you to read it and try to figure out a way to defeat him once and for all." said the entire senate in perfect pace with eachothers voices.
"Yes, your honors, but I have one more question for you. This here is Baxton, I told you about him. I would like to ask for the senates approval for him to be trained as a hero." asked Haaken, dazing me, and the entire senate.
"This boy,' said one of the senate members. " This boy, would be at least twenty-five before he graduated from the guild, he is too old to train."
"That may be but he is skilled enough in the art of the sword and he was a hunters son before he joined the army, so he is naturally skilled with a bow. All that is left to teach is knowledge and will use." argued Haaken.
" Is this true boy?" asked one of the senate members and I could not tell which one, and I mumble "Yes sir, I am skilled with a blade, and a bow."
"Then get this boy to the guild, Haaken. Hurry and read that book, oh and get Briar Rose to help you." Said the same senate member.
"Yes your honors, may we use the cullis gate?"
"Why of coarse get to the guild fast." said the entire senate this time.
We walked through the cullis gate, only to walk out at the guild, I was feeling sick, but I did not want to mess up the new floor. Maze walked through the doors with a boy by his side. The guildmaster walked up and asked "Is this another one you've brought me, Maze?"
Maze relpied. "Yes, and he is the only survivor of the Oakvale raid, his name is Fisk."

B

blu phoenix

Very good chapter. Keep it up. Here have some rep.;)

A

Arckon

I bet you can't guess the time the story took place

Chapter 8

"Well Fisk, I'll show you to your room," said the Guildmaster. "you'll be sharing a room with Whisper, one of our brightest pupals." The guildmaster went up the stairs followed by the new student. Hakken walked up to Maze and they started talking, I could only catch peices of the conversation. This boy...trained... hero. I... not...this...
Maze then walked out of the map room, and to his office. The Guildmaster, came down from upstairs. "Hakken, I wasn't expecting you back for at least two more days, what did the senate say?" asked the guildmaster.
"The said, that I had to read the book of Jack of Blades and find his weakness. Weaver he has returned." Said Hakken grimly "They also said they'd allow this boy to train here at the guild, but Maze doesn't think so. He said he won't have this boy training here." My heart sank at those words.
"Well Maze usually does bring us the finer heros, I suppose he'd know best. But when you go up to his office, to read from the book make a wager with him, Say if this boy pass two of three tests you will train him, if he fails, he will not e trained. Maze is a sucker for gambling." Said the guildmaster, giveing me a tiny spark of hope.
"Thank you Weaver." said Hakken and we headed up to Maze's office "Maze, you wold't happen to have the book of Jack of Blades would you." Maze held up the book and waited for Hakken to take it. "Maze one more thing, I'll make a bet with you. I wager that this boy, can complete two of three tests, if he passes he gets to be trained here at the guild, if he fails, he will not be trained." said Hakken.
Maze stopped looking at his bookshelf, and looked in our direction. "Let the tests begin." said Maze

End of Chapter 8

Status
Not open for further replies.