• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The mayan doomsday

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score
Re: The mayan doomsday

I hope it won't be like Y2K where thousands kill themselves over nothing...

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

If they were dumb enough to kill themselves over Y2K, they did the collective human gene pool a favour.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

This is all wrong, sorry.

But the person who made this bull up forgot to mention that the mayan calender is like the barometer in a car, it resets itself after it ends, just like a normal calender. They may have been good in math, but that does not mean a bunch of indians hundreds of years ago predicted the end of the world on a certain date, anyone who believes that obviously has either A). Drank too much alcohol. Or B). Smoked too much. Or C). Is.... guillable.

I do however, want to see the movie "2012" that's coming out, cause of all the explosions, destruction and chaos, it's like music to my ears.

I forgot to add, some people think that "Planet X" will be hitting us then, which causes the earth to explode or what not. But Planet X was ruled out in the beginning of this year, they found out it doesn't really exist. So that just shoots down all those ideas.

http://www.instituteforhumancontinuity.org/#/home this makes me laugh everytime

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

That their system couldn't count beyond that date only means that they had a flawed system.

There have been any number of foretellings that the world was going to end throughout history, and so far, none have been right.

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

my futuromaticpredictormeter senses are....not tingling. so it will not happen. but if it does, ill wager we wont even know because death will be instantaneous and we revert back to the prehistoric ages and continue the same cycle over again.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

i don't know about a planetary collision, but there is a rather large asteroid (named after a mythological figure, ares? icarus?) thats supposed to collide with us according to a National Geographic.

Also the asteroid is supposed to make a near pass 3-9 years prior and the plan is to attach a high powered rocket to it which will push it out of our orbit. thats the closest thing i've heard to what you are talking about :lol:

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Man;331490 said:
but if it does, ill wager we wont even know because death will be instantaneous and we revert back to the prehistoric ages and continue the same cycle over again.

An eternal loop of doom, eh? Now that`s a nightmare.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;331499 said:
i don't know about a planetary collision, but there is a rather large asteroid (named after a mythological figure, ares? icarus?) thats supposed to collide with us according to a National Geographic.

Also the asteroid is supposed to make a near pass 3-9 years prior and the plan is to attach a high powered rocket to it which will push it out of our orbit. thats the closest thing i've heard to what you are talking about :lol:

Are you thinking of the Dwarf planet Ceres? That's in a pretty stable orbit...

Ares is the Greek name for Mars. They are both the Greek/Roman god of war.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;331499 said:

I saw that, I think the name of the asteroid was "Apothis" or mabey "Apophis" or something along those lines. I'm not to worried about the asteroid though, as I will probably be long gone by the time it gets here. :lol:

Dentie

Reaction score

yeah i've heard much about soem astroid hitting the earth 2 but i dont think it will happen its all bullcrap i was hoping someone would say that its true

Silver.

King Of Wishful Thinking.
Reaction score

Dentie;331566 said:
yeah i've heard much about soem astroid hitting the earth 2 but i dont think it will happen its all bullcrap i was hoping someone would say that its true

Asteroid? It's a freaking planet.

Nibiru is beleived to hit planet earth in 2012; Which is said to be our doomsday. Now, you can relate this to The mayan calendars stopping on 2012 or the passages in the book of Revalations. (Which are quite accurate freakily enough..)

I'm not sure what the story is with Nibiru at the moment, it might be there in space - but if the government found it, like hell are they going to tell us. The last thing they want is mass hysteria.

We was actually supposed to see a faint outline of it back in May. That turned out to be a load of deuce.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Knew about this a while ago. I'm pretty sure there's a 2012 film coming out.

Silver.

Reaction score

Yes indeedy.

[youtube]cyCCd8MCcZY[/youtube]

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

^ That looks awesome.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

Did thousands of people really comit suicide in 1999 cause they thought the world was ending in 2000?

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

^ Yep.

Shame, really.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;331610 said:
^ Yep.

Shame, really.

Not really. If they were that dumb they did mankind a favour by killing themselves - we could do without their stupid genes.

Dentie

Reaction score

Tsuyu;331612 said:
Not really. If they were that dumb they did mankind a favour by killing themselves - we could do without their stupid genes.

i can agree with that

Silver.

Reaction score

JohnDoe;331686 said:
By definition, it's not a planet if it can hit another planet, that's why Pluto isn't a planet.

Pluto was a planet. What is it classified as now anyway?

Well, excuse me, I meant "moon"... Wait, no I didn't. 'Cause Nibiru has it's own moons. Damn. What's it called?