• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

THe night the guild burnt to ash.

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score
The night the guild burnt to ash.

These are first hand accounts from heros who died during the burning of the guild or in towns not too far away, all of this evidence is from diaries or peices of parchment, i hope this sheds some light on what happened.

"5th december
Bowerstone is beoming a no go zone, no matter how many times i try to do good deeds i get shunned or burned. For example i was in the inn while a theif was trying to pick pocket a drunken shop owner, i pulled out my sword and pinned the theif to the wall, i thought i had done somthing good but i was grabbed and thrown out of the inn by a guard. "we dont want your kind here!" he shouted as i walked off in shame."

"
6th december
I cannot bare it anymore, this life isnt worth living, i have decided to join the other heros, we are going to take back control even if it is by force!"

"20th decmber
I havn't written in awhile, now is as good atime as any, we are setting out tonight, bowerstone will learn that they should have treated us better!!"

No more of these diary pages were found i have come assume his plan was unsuccessful.

"Dear guildmaster, i Kron resighn. being hated is not what i sighned up for, the guild has been good to me all these years but now i fear if i stay i may end up dead, i have a wife and family to think about i am afraid the risk is too great. I am truly sorry i wish you all the best.

Kron"

A note from a hero named "Kron" resighning from the hero life.

"Kron hero of knothole glade, born and raised a farmer, his life always seemed to have no meaning, at the age of 18 he left his humble life behind and joined the heros guild. By age 26 he had become famous, his most famous victory was in the great seig of knotholeglade. Balverines had ammassed outside the gates in greater numbers then ever, Kron came with his mighty axe and slew them all without mercy........"

An extract taken form the "Dictionary of Heros" written by bard Ron Grendor

At this time my information is limeted but i shall continue on in my research to uncover the workings inside the guild and update this book as much as possible.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Re: THe night the guild burnt to ash.

nice +rep

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

I have found a few more notes on the hero known as Kron, a couple of weeks after his resignation he died, but there is much mystery surounding his death, i was able to come in contact with one of his offspring, his grandson. "Harry Faldor" his account of what happened to his grandfather had been given to him by his mother.

" Father was sitting in the study as usual, reading through books of which names i could not pronounce. He seemed normal, but i could feel a strange presence in the house, it got to 9pm and father put me to bed brother was jumping around as usual, i dont know why but i fell straight to sleep. At around 12 am i was awoken by a loud bang, it came from fathers study. I quickly ran in without thinking, there lay father cothered in blood, a knife in his back. I fell to my knees and began to cry."

If we go by this account why can assume that Kron was killed by a villager or villagers who had discovered he was a hero. I beleive we should move on from kron and find out about the other heros. I happen to have come across a very rare find indeed. It is a section of the great jack slayers log book, it talks about going into hiding and other things which could explain the legend of his blood line being around today.

"The rank, this age does not care for us anymore, to them were are just monsters, things of nightmares. I have decided to leave and head for Oakvale, my true home. If things get out of hand i will still be accepted there, i have told my wife and she is very happy to move with me, i just hope the guild master has half the sense i do and follows in my foot steps, there is nothing for us here anymore."

This peice of information shows us how The great jack slayer had seen what had happened to the world and how the heros were now being perseeved. I checked the oakvale living records (i had to travel though wraith marsh to obtain them, but is the job of an acrheologist i supose.) and there was a house at the edge of the village which had ocupants but there names where never written, i can only assume this is where the hero spent his last days, there is a record of his death and where he is burried, i will update this journal once i have explored the tomb of said hero.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

nice again... did you make these or are they books inside fable 2?

A

Arfboy6

these are really good cant wait to read more.

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

I have returned from the tomb of the famouse Jack slayer. I found little or no parchments reffering to his life after the guild, but i did happen to come across a note laying atop his coffin, it appeared to be written by the guild master.

"You were like a son to me, to outlive you is somthing i would have hoped not to happen, i am old and wise enough to know when to quite, the guild is lost. Burnt to the ground by the very people we swore an oath to protect, i know its too late to give you this letter but im sure wether you are up there with avo or down below with skorm you are looking towards me now, i promise to make sure your family are protected, all records of you living here will be destroyed, mabye some day in the future your children will bring back the hero name and dispell this land of evil once again."

This is an intresting find due to the fact the guildmaster never took a personal intrest in any of his pupils, he was like a son to him, which is why he did what he could to keep his family safe, this explains the legend of the blood line still being alive and well today, but it also opens up a new chapter on where the guild master went and how he spent his final moments.

I happened across an intresting book entitled "A history of Heros" normaly you wouldnt find this of any particular intrest or out of the ordinary, that is if it were written before the killing of the heros, but this was written after said event, the author had to go into hiding after it was published. An extract from the book explains what the writer saw the night of the guild burning.

"
The sky was a dark blue colour, the stars twinkled as if to propose there was some kind of life beyond our own, i was on my way to great wood when i noticed a large amount of smoke coming from the guild, i turned the corner and was hit by an horrific sight! the guild was ablaze burnt corpes littered the ground, villlagers where screaming and cheering as heros ran out ablze trying to exstinguish the fire only to get shot in the back by villagers, i sat there watching it for awhile, the one place that one thought would stay for eternity is now burning to the ground, humanity pah we are no better the balverines."

I am going to try and locate the author of this book, he may be able to shed more light on this whole thing, mabye even help me expose those who comitted the crimes and have them punished accordingly after all it is murder. I will update this journal whenever i can.

C

Cleaver J

are these yours? they are good, if they are you should consider a career as a writer.

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

^ yeah there mine Lol, and thanks

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

Unfortunatly i have been unable to update the book for awhile, this is due to the many villagers protesting it's existance. I have found a quant pud in the town Argen, to the far east of albion, my search for what happened to the guildmaster has led me here. Albion is so far away that you would assume the guild would have no connections here well this is was i thought until i found a page from the guild masters diary.

"Unlike *a coffe stain cothered his name* i am unable to remain in albion, i have decicded to move to the far east. I know a few people there who are in dedted to me, should anyone wishing to know more of the guild and myself i shall be waiting in the town of Argen although if you wish to kill me go ahead my life has no meaning anymore."

I have come here in search of the guildmaster himself, the chances of finding him are slim to none but to me thats enough of a chance worth taking. The pub owner directed me to a house at the end of the village.

Actual authors note yeah me Ruuku The Kid, from here this fan fic changes to a first person story if you dont like that w8 til after afew posts when it returns to the original finding peices of info and explaining them.

I made my way up the winding road to the big house atop the hill. It was cold. The kind of cold where you find yourself in need of serious medical attention if your outside for more than twenty minutes. The town was in pretty bad shape, the houses were made from wood, and badly made at that. From the outside appeared to be weather resistant, but inside you could freeze even during the midsummer's evenings. The house was much better made then the others, in fact it seemed fit for a noblemen, a king or queen mabye. The garden was filled with folours and neatly cut grass, everything seemed symetrical even the house, if you stood at the gate and cut it down the middle youd be able to tell much better, but i was in a hurry and cutting houses in two wasn't reall my thing, after all im an author not a hero. The door was made of mohogany if i'm not mistaken and around the edges was a gold surpent winding it's way around the door and finaly ending at the door knob which was in the shape of a snakes head. The knocker was in the shape of the ancient guild seal, my heart skipped a beat, this could well be it i may meet the very man who established the guild, to get an account from him would make me the most famous author this century! I lifted my shaking hand and grasped the knocker firmly swung it back and let it go, it hit the door with aloud bang. I stood there for a few seconds then reached out for the knocker, a second time i grapsed it firmly but this time the door opened, i was flung inside and landed face first onto the marbel floor. I quickly jumped to my feet i was met by a very surley looking butler. "Is there somthing i can help you with sir?" I wiped the dust off my coat and spoke. " eeerm yes sorry for the intrugen but i am here to see the guildmaster?" The butlers fist clenched and his face scrunched up."right this way sir." the butler lead me off into a dark room, on the walls there were an uncountable amount of trpohies. "are these the guild masters?" i asked, the butler turned to face me and said"why don't ask him yourself." he pointed to a chair which lay infront of an open fire, i walked round to see who was init. I was met by a very cheery looking old man, he smiled and said "well i here youve been looking for me."

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

^ so am i, laziness is awesome, if i start a fanfic and people like it theyll be waiting ahellof a long time for me to finish it Lol.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

nice +rep times 3

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

BOO!!! that sucked!!!!!!!! +rep

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

^ XD i think i just laughed myself into a coma Lol, i did mean to check out my story in the artgallery XD

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

oh...

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

Work on the spelling and punctuation, it has great potential, but the greatest of stories can be ruined with a large lack of ,'s and .'s. for example, you wrote "villagers where screaming" when it's "villagers WERE screaming"....Sorry.

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

I stood completely still for a second or two, just staring at this wrinkly creature sitting infront of me. He looked more of a creature then a man, he had a hunched over back and a pushed in face, his cloths were old and dusty but a golden seal seemed to shine on through. "Well come come, youve come all this way have you not? From albion it apears, your not here to kill me are you?"
"No!" i yelled in a horsed voice.
"well then. What have you come for?"
"I would to ask you some questions."
"aaah yes with questions one gains knowledge, with knowledge one can grow"
"eeerm yes, anyway i was wondering if you could tell me anything about the famous jack slayer?". I pulled out my parchment and quill and stood there staring intentivily. The guild master stood up, as he did the butler tried to sit him back down but he brushed him out of the way.
"come" he gestured me to follow. I placed my parchment and quill back into my pocket and followed him into the other room.
"So what's in here some kind of libary?" I was far from the truth. As i entered the room staring me smack bang in the face a huge golden archway.
"what is this!" I demanded not knowing the true extent to the guild masters powers.
"This my freind, is the true resting ground of the jack slayer." He smiled. My heart jumped into my throat, i couldn't beleive it, the tomb of the jack slayer, the actual tomb, where his body lay, with this i would become the greatest archeologist of all time! i slowly followed the guild master down the long corridor which met and end at the golden arches fell off into a door. The guild master through his hands out towards the door and with an unseeable force the door opened, i had never seen anything like this before, was the legendary will power i had heard so much about?

Another snipet from my story Lol i'll write more later when i can bothered Lol, if anyone likes this little series o-f stories and cares if its updated the next one should be done before the end of the xmas hols :D merry xmas peoples!!!

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

your trying to get projectego rep so you can get 2 bars aint u?

I am sorry I bragged :(

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

^ No Lol this was done before you mentioned that and tbh im not a egomaniac who needs rep to validate my existance :D *lies through teeth*