• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The One Thing I Did Not Like About Fable III

Status
Not open for further replies.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
... Actually, I did! I have kicked ass on there, blew s*** up, and killed all sorts of damn people. Pretty freakin' sweet. I banged a hooker. Hell, even my first expression was cool - Shaking Hands! Something a guy would do damn it! The manliness of Walter shaking hands with Major Swift "There he is!" I was like, this is my kind of game! Slaughter wolves, bang hookers, shoot stuff, blow s*** to pieces!

But oh my God, those dumbass expressions, those dumbass sidequests (only a few... like the plays... like the chickens...) they was God-awful and extremely chidlish. Why are they in here? Is that just British Humour? Do British citizens find that funny? If so, no offense, I mean I am reasonable enough to accept opinions.

Anyone else here with me? No? Yeah?

Hell, I'm as British as they come, and I didn't find it funny. I found it annoying.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Hell, I'm as British as they come, and I didn't find it funny. I found it annoying.

Thanks Joslen. Never understood the phrase ' British Humour'. Oh well.

Noelle Alexandra

Reaction score
Ha, personally I always found banging prostitutes to be the opposite of manly. It's pretty sad and desperate. In Albion, however, everyone kinda looks a little dirty so I guess it probably doesn't make a difference.
Aside from that I agree with missing the expression wheel , and that they need to have more options with clothes. Some of us want to look feminine and badass at the same time.

FiliusMartis

Reaction score
Yeah, but I don't want to touch them. :p They might dirty my beauitful hands I cast my Will-powers with.
Well, you're wearing gauntlets to cast your will-powers, so your sacred hands should be fairly safe. But anyway, what kind of friend are you that you find your friends too dirty to touch? D:

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Well, you're wearing gauntlets to cast your will-powers, so your sacred hands should be fairly safe. But anyway, what kind of friend are you that you find your friends too dirty to touch? D:

That was a joke, obviously... The reason why I'd rather not hold hands in Fable 3 is because it doesn't suit me. I'm not a person to hold hands. Like I stated before, in real life most people don't hold hands, unless for specific reasons. But if they just want to go somewhere, they ealk alongside eachother. However, in Fable 3, I have to hold hands to take people to certain places. Even if I don't know them too well. I think it's pretty awsome I can hold hands with the ones I married, or my children, but for the rest... It's kinda weird. Of course, I can live with it, It's not a major plot device, or the one gameplay mechanic it evolves around. It's not going to kill me to touch other people (it will kill them, mhuahahahah). But still, I'd rather make the choice myself, like I would in real life.

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
Everyone's griping about the 'holding hands' thing? Good lord it's just a game and a refreshing take on character interaction. How many people were complaining up a storm about Fable 2's lack of character interaction and when they finally try something in the sequel, people complain that it's too much interaction and added social commentary about how 'unrealistic' it is in a video game? Unpleasable fanbase right here.

I actually liked the touch reaction with holding hands. And it didn't look stupid having a male hero guide another dude around either.

However, I do agree with some of the points, like deciding to choose to just grab someone's hand, or simply have them follow you with the command expression like in the previous two games. The one thing I did not like about Fable 3 was that the developers didn't keep in many of the things that made the previous games good and incorporate that and more in their latest one. (Like the whole shopping thing where you only get two or three items on stock at a time whereas in the previous games, you had a more helpful assortment of items you needed on hand through store listings. What's up with that?)

The game could have been longer too, but I'm trying not to nitpick too much.

FiliusMartis

Reaction score
That was a joke, obviously... The reason why I'd rather not hold hands in Fable 3 is because it doesn't suit me. I'm not a person to hold hands. Like I stated before, in real life most people don't hold hands, unless for specific reasons. But if they just want to go somewhere, they ealk alongside eachother. However, in Fable 3, I have to hold hands to take people to certain places. Even if I don't know them too well. I think it's pretty awsome I can hold hands with the ones I married, or my children, but for the rest... It's kinda weird. Of course, I can live with it, It's not a major plot device, or the one gameplay mechanic it evolves around. It's not going to kill me to touch other people (it will kill them, mhuahahahah). But still, I'd rather make the choice myself, like I would in real life.
Quite obviously, I was joking as well. It's fine if it doesn't suit you, but you can't please everyone. I do agree that having a choice would have been a lot better, but you can't please everybody. The hand-holding comes down to preference and not realism, if you think about it. People don't shoot lightning from their fingers and slay semi-mythical beings while preparing to defend against an ambiguously great evil in real life. The touch system was intended to make the hero feel like a larger than life powerful individual, ant it does that. Anyway, I was joking with that last post.

In regards to, "it will kill them," they do whine about you holding their hands too hard an awful lot, don't they. :lol:

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
People don't shoot lightning from their fingers and slay semi-mythical beings while preparing to defend against an ambiguously great evil in real life
[Drops magnificent arcane spell]. What? Oh, uhm, yeah. You're right, eheh [Whistles as if nothing happened]
In regards to, "it will kill them," they do whine about you holding their hands too hard an awful lot, don't they. :lol:
Yeah, well, I guess I should apologize to them for being so frikkin' awesome. :p

Anyway, I just hope it will be better in Fable IVand V. But if it's up to Peter Molyneux, he'll just find another way to totally change to game, with things I'm h appy about, things I don't care about, and things I hate, all resolving into a game that could have been much better. But it just didn't make it... again. I like it very much, yet I don't love it. Well, we can't all be satisfied... We'll just have to go with Lionhead's flow.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Pft. No. Don't ever apologize for being awesome.

Yeah, you're right. Theywant to hold hands, and apparently, I can't refuse. If it hurts them, it's their problem. Didn't they just see me casting a Vortex-Blades spell? Tch.

OwNzOr

Reaction score
I understand what you mean. I wonder if you've ever played 'God of War III'. Now that's a manly game!

Fable is a manly game too though imo. It gives you the choice of what type of a person you want to be. You don't have to dance with men, don't have to blow kisses at people etc. You do have to do ridiculous sidequests though :(.

Also, why can't i kill children? We're on the same page right?

Noelle Alexandra

Reaction score
I understand what you mean. I wonder if you've ever played 'God of War III'. Now that's a manly game!

Fable is a manly game too though imo. It gives you the choice of what type of a person you want to be. You don't have to dance with men, don't have to blow kisses at people etc. You do have to do ridiculous sidequests though :(.

Also, why can't i kill children? We're on the same page right?

Glad I'm not the only one who was wondering why you can't take out kids

FiliusMartis

Reaction score
You cannot kill children in Fable because of various laws in place which restrict the display of violence done to children on screen in games. Allowing the player to kill children would likely bump Fable up to an 18+ game, which would result in massive loss of sales since most mainstream retailers would refuse to carry it.

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
The United Kingdom prohibits video games that allow killing of children.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Yeah, I repect the law, and all, otherwise I wouldn't be able to play it. Still, if I wanted to be an absolutely 100% evil demon hero, I'd want to be able to kill everything. Everything. Meh, I'm fine with scaring them and slaughtering their parents.

Jamie S. Rain

Wooflea Bird
Reaction score
"the one thing i did not like in fable 3"

One!? C'mon, at least 50% of this game is either bugged,
poor in quality or quantity! Only reason I play it is because I get to
be as evil as I want!

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
"the one thing i did not like in fable 3"

One!? C'mon, at least 50% of this game is either bugged,
poor in quality or quantity! Only reason I play it is because I get to
be as evil as I want!
Opinions, opinions... Yeah, okay, there are a number of bugs, but you are one of those that are annoyed by it. I, on the other hand, either don't mind the bug too much, or I haven't even encountered it.

FiliusMartis

Reaction score
I have yet to hit any significant bugs, and by significant I mean something other than a small graphics glitch or something. I think putting the expression wheel back in (including a 'follow' expression) and the old leveling system allowing specialization and the game would have been stellar. Really, both of those things come down to more intricate character customization; that's all that was sorely missing.

Also, the reason I pointed out laws restricting violence against children was because some people were wondering why you can't kill the kids. Furthermore, I'd consider spending your childhood in a brothel for god knows what purpose or outside on the steps of said brothel to be a fate worse than death, anyway.

Jamie S. Rain

Wooflea Bird
Reaction score
Opinions, opinions... Yeah, okay, there are a number of bugs, but you are one of those that are annoyed by it. I, on the other hand, either don't mind the bug too much, or I haven't even encountered it.

Oh I apologize, I probably came off as one of those guys who do nothing but bash a game.
Anyways, I do love fable, don't get me wrong! However, there are unlucky people (we all can't be like Jammy!)
and sadly I'm one of them when it comes to Fable III. I've made a few heros, and at some point the game ends
up bugging out. Since that hasnt, or doesnt happen to you often, of course it won't bother you! For those that it does bother,
its usually because it stunts our story/story/visual morph progress. So of course I get a little annoyed by it. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.