• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Thread for Warriors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dualist

Reaction score
The Thread for Warriors!

There are so many things that weren't included in Fable 2 that I would've loved to see, mostly for the strength option. I hope these are included in Fable 3

Daggers

Armour

Shields

Flail

Scimitar

Dual-wielding

Some kind of gun that has a faster firing rate

More evil/good weapons

Karmasb!ch

Antidisestablishmentarian
Reaction score
Re: The Thread for Warriors!

honestly the legendary weapons werent very legendary they seemed kinda weak to me
and i agree good/evil weapons would have been kewl

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

Duel weilding will be included and I think armor aswell

Dualist

Reaction score

It would be extremely badass to have a cutlass in one hand and a turret pistol in the other. :D

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

Look at the picture in my "Fable 3 character" thread in this section of the forum but picture him with a pistol instead

Dualist

Reaction score

Fable 3 needs some fan art.

Ink

The Last Emperor
Reaction score

Dualist;378832 said:
There are so many things that weren't included in Fable 2 that I would've loved to see, mostly for the strength option. I hope these are included in Fable 3

Daggers

Yes, we need daggers!

Armour

If they do add armour, I don't want it to have a big defence bonus. Otherwise to have a good character, you will need to wear armour.

Shields

Maybe as a gag item. Otherwise I'm not to keen on the idea.

Flail

Yes!

Scimitar

Yes!

Dual-wielding

Yes!

Yes!

More evil/good weapons

Yes!

Like a few other people mentioned, I want legendary weapons that are rare, and powerful. They were so common in F2, they became boring. Sorta.

Dr KillJoy

Dark Paladin
Reaction score

How nice would it be to see the sword of aeons or avos tear in Fable 3 they should bring them back add quests to obtain them those weapons though i very doubt that they will

Dualist

Reaction score

Yeah, I'd like a revamp of the old churches, Avo and Skorm. Or maybe new gods, I just dislike the whole light and dark thing. Very generic.

Also, there could be good armour implemented, just make it so the armour for sale get progressively better as you play through the game.

Holy Warrior

Wizard
Reaction score

I hope they have armor to an extent because in Fable TLC if you got the Archon armor you couldn't die if you tried. I hope in fable 3 there are a few pecies of true armor that give you a defensive bonus and/or add shields into the game i know shields might not make much since but i have wanted them in since i first played TLC.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Dualist;378832 said:

We won't be getting any smaller weapons. Fable just doesn't do that.

Dualist;378832 said:

Armor might not fit into the time period, but I'd be okay with some armor as long as there are regular clothes as well and there aren't any armor ratings. Armor ratings ensure that everyone will look exactly the same at the end of the game, which would be terrible. That's exactly the kind of thing the Molyneux is moving away from.

Dualist;378832 said:

Shields don't fit into the time period either, but since they were missing from TLC for the most part (where they actually belonged), I would like having them in Fable 3. We definitely won't have them, though.

Dualist;378832 said:

No, flails are incredibly medieval.

Dualist;378832 said:

Perhaps, but Fable tends to stick to the same kinds of weapons throughout its games, and we haven't seen much that resembles a scimitar, so they probably won't be included.

Dualist;378832 said:
Dual-wielding

We'll have that.

Dualist;378832 said:

Seriously? Fable 2 didn't have a fast enough gun for you? Are you unaware of the Red Dragon?

Dualist;378832 said:
More evil/good weapons

Morphing weapons will allow more of that than you could hope for.

Dualist

Reaction score

How does Fable not get any smaller weapons? As time goes on weapons will be getting sleeker and smaller. i.e. the jump from bows to pistols.

What does it matter if it belongs in the time period or not? You're a hero, while everyone else may not be; you need something to protect yourself. The same goes with armour. Plus, don't even tell me you think the clothes system from Fable 2 is better then the armour system from Fable 1.

Lol, it's already been confirmed that they're adding a scythe, so I don't think Fable is too worried about adding new weapons.

Holy Warrior

Wizard
Reaction score

They are adding a Scythe?? Awesome now i can be the Grim reaper:devil: :ninja:

Dualist

Reaction score

Peter Molyneux said:
...Ricardo's Scythe of Hobbe-killing...

Hopefully they'll have room for daggers and flails.

MrNoob

Reaver's Fanatic
Premium
Reaction score

In My Opinion:

Daggers:
I don't like the idea, daggers just don't match Fable

Armour:
I hate the armor rating stuff, the beauty of it is that you're a hero so you don't need the armor, you're already a sexy beast.

Shields:
I think it should be either not used at all or just as a little cosmetic feature

Flail:
Meh.... Again, it's just a cosmetic change on a mace

Scimitar:
They have enough variety of swords already, scimitars just don't seem to fit

Dual-wielding:
Confirmed?

Some kind of gun that has a faster firing rate:
Are you smoking weed? Fable II did fantastic with these

More evil/good weapons:
Fancy morphing weapons in Fable III :)

Dualist

Reaction score

A gun that's comparable to an Uzi (fire-rate wise). I never said Fable 2 did a bad job. I just want something faster, I don't understand where you're getting the idea that I think Fable 2 did a bad job.

And to everyone who says "daggers don't fit" or "flails don't fit": a scythe is a tool used for farming, yet somehow they're making it work. I don't think Molyneux would even break a sweat over adding daggers.

And armor doesn't just make you look cool, you get awesome bonuses as well. I don't know about you, but I want a hero not a Barbie doll.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Dualist;379227 said:
How does Fable not get any smaller weapons? As time goes on weapons will be getting sleeker and smaller. i.e. the jump from bows to pistols.

I was just talking about melee weapons. Smaller ones just aren't Fable's style. Even the assassins in Albion have the same sized weapons as everyone else.

Dualist;379227 said:
don't even tell me you think the clothes system from Fable 2 is better then the armour system from Fable 1.

Based completely on looks, yes the clothing from TLC was better. As a whole, though, the system from Fable 2 was better by far. Armor ratings just ensure that everyone is wearing the same exact thing at the end of the game. Everyone will look the same. That's not what Fable is about. Fable is about becoming your own unique Hero. That's why weapon morphing is being added. In TLC and Fable 2, everyone ended up with one of two or three weapons. In Fable 3, everyone will have their very own weapon to help them be their very own Hero. Armor ratings take away from that.

Dualist;379227 said:
it's already been confirmed that they're adding a scythe

Show me where.

By the way, stop getting mad at people for disagreeing with you. This is a forum, and people are going to express their opinions here. Don't get angry or take it personally if they're different from your own.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

Daggers
nah
Armour
nah
Shields
nah
Flail
ok
Scimitar
if you must
Dual-wielding
kinda cool
mehh
More evil/good weapons
as your weapon can change/alter as your hero does I guess where getting these

What I'd really like is for the will lines on your hero to bugger off, seriously can't see the tattoo's for silly blue lines, and I'm evil blue does'nt go!:p

Dualist

Reaction score

I get mad when people make weird assumptions and pretend I've said things that I didn't. I also get mad at people who talk like Peter Molyneux is a casual friend of theirs and they know that certain things "just aren't Fable's style". Fable's "style" is constantly changing and evolving, you and no one else can fully comprehend what's going to be included in Fable 3 until it's release. I bet no one could've guessed the huge leap that Fable 2 was going to make from Fable 1. This is me saying "I hope they put this in Fable 3!" not "This is definitely going to be in Fable 3!" so cool it.

The armour system in Fable was not only better looks wise, but the defense bonuses were very helpful. In Fable 2, the only thing standing between you and dying is your health, so the only way to increase your chances is to level up your health. At least in Fable there are multiple ways of protecting yourself. Honestly I do think the morphing weapons could interfere with the armour system, so all I really want is some armour to be more appealling to the eye. The clothing was okay in Fable 2, but to get any good looking clothing, you had to either be very creative with your combinations, or buy some sort of DLC. I think the clothing system in Fable 3 should be a combination of both Fable and Fable 2

Oh and here's where scythes are mentioned. Looks like someone hasn't bee keeping tabs on his Fable 3 interviews.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Dualist;380047 said:
I also get mad at people who talk like Peter Molyneux is a casual friend of theirs and they know that certain things "just aren't Fable's style".

Look at TLC and Fable 2. Were there smaller weapons? No. Has there been any mention of smaller weapons in Fable 3 by Molyneux or Lionhead? No. That's why I don't think daggers will be in Fable 3.

And you'd have to have some form of mental retardation to think that there will be armor ratings in Fable 3. It's not like you have to be a friend of Molyneux's to know that. He's mentioned countless times that he wants every player's Hero to be unique and completely different from anyone else's Hero. Armor ratings guarantee that almost everyone will look exactly the same.

Dualist;380047 said:
Oh and here's where scythes are mentioned. Looks like someone hasn't bee keeping tabs on his Fable 3 interviews.

I've seen that interview before and heard nothing about scythes. Tell me what part you heard it in.

Dualist;380047 said:

You're telling me to cool it? I'm not the one getting angry over opinions about a video game.

Status
Not open for further replies.