• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Walking Dead: Vidya Gaem

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
Should start this off with the obvious: There are going to be a few spoilers. I'll try to hide the major ones (the ones that made me crap bricks or go WTF), but if you're planning on getting this, be careful. I'll wrap spoilers with |! !|

Now, I played this game for awhile, and it's got some really great things about it. The graphics style is fantastic, the story so far is gripping, and the characters (even the ones I don't like) are barrels of fun and super interesting. The point and click style really adds something to the game, and the parts where you get ambushed by zombies are extremely intense. Far more intense than anything I experienced in Boring Spa-- Dead Space.
So with some good stuff out of the way, into the bad stuff I go.

The game tells you that your story will change depending on the choices you make. Well... to an extent. A very limited extent. You can choose to save one guy or the other, but mostly, it just impacts your relationship with other people (which also does jack ****). Only once in the game can I recall where your choice to save one or the other actually did anything. |!Carley or Doug!| Beyond that, if a character is going to die... they're going to die. I'd be fine with that in any other point and click game where the story is set, but when it says the story will change based on your choices, I expect the choices to actually DO SOMETHING. Fable 2 syndrome, really. |! Carley dying was one of the worst parts of the game for me, as I really liked this character, but was absolutely powerless to stop her death. Even the choice to confess to the crime myself didn't save her, which was a real downer. I was hoping I'd be able to save her, but at the cost of damaging myself somehow. Add weight to it, either I save her but hurt myself, or let her take the blame for something she didn't do, but keep myself clean.!|

It frustrated me to a point that I really don't feel like playing it more simply because Telltale games should be doing better than this. And yes, I know I can't save everyone, that's not what I'm getting at. It simply felt like they could've handled that scene MUCH better, like allowing me to choose whether she dies, someone else does, or I take the fall and keep everyone alive, but make the rest of the group wary of me.
A little nagging at the end, nothing major, but sometimes the clickboxes are really hard to click on and it can earn you a few deaths or the wrong choice. But you can reload, so no big deal really.

So all in all, I'd recommend the game... with a but.

I recommend it, but... don't expect your choices to change anything. It's basically a linear story.

There's nothing wrong with that, really, but don't tell me that my choices have weight when they CLEARLY don't.

A good game that could've been amazing had they made choices actually matter. Holding out hope that as they add new episodes to the game they'll go back and work on the other stuff as well.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I'd probably get this if:

1. My PC had tha powah.
2. I had ever watched The Walking Dead series.

The game actually looks rather good - and I love it's art style.

Azer249

Reaction score
I'd probably get this if:

1. My PC had tha powah.
2. I had ever watched The Walking Dead series.

The game actually looks rather good - and I love it's art style.

Yeah the art style reminds me of the cell shaded approach of Borderlands

. I will probably pick these up because we already talked about them on Steam. They look like good games and acording to you, will make "meh lil ol' heart" sink.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
Do you think it'd be a good idea to play it if you havent watched the series??

Oh, and are the series any good, been considering watching them..

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Do you think it'd be a good idea to play it if you havent watched the series??

Oh, and are the series any good, been considering watching them..

It doesnt follow the characters of the TV series its seperate so dont need to have read the comic or watched the show to understand it. I love the show and id say watch it for sure, Season 3 starts in just over a month.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
Sweet, guess im going to be a pirate tonight then! A nods as good as a wink to a blind bat, say no more, say no more! know what I mean!