• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The will lines for fable 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
just watch a youtube video with combat in it and look closely when they charge a spell you will see markings light up, its their tattoos, so i hear that are will lines
thank u for that
now everybody will kno

i dont kno if u can see them without using magic
but we kno they light up now so thx

poopdogy

grey-palidin
Reaction score
somewhere on this forum about the pre order thing, i think it says something like reavers tattooo goes with your will lines, or kinds connects with it in design. something like that
and as for getttin old, it kinda makes since, like when you cast magic your could see it as using your life energy. and you use gauntletsto do magic. they morph like your range weapon and melee weapon do. as in how u use them

yeah the will lines are the tattoo's
and i heard the tattoos morph to the deads you do

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
Don't think we will age that much, seen somewhere that the storyline is about 15 years and you start at about 18... And doesn't using Will slow the aging process? William Black, Theresa..?

Crazy_Mike1991

Sparrow
Reaction score
SPECULATION

I recently heard that magic aging was removed and replaced with magic users ending up with light skin. I have no credible source, I want that to be understood, it was just discussion that people at the Lionhead forums were having, and it makes sense to me because that sounds like something Lionhead would do. Like in Fable 2, the plan for death was you'd come back as one of your kids. One problem (of many) with that was that testers would have a million kids, essentially giving them a million lives, so they took it out and replaced it with something else at the last minute.

Wow! i REALLY hope that thats what they are doing. i actually find pale skin to be rather good looking (thats just me though lolz) and will is one of my favorite skills to use, so with an effect like that, the game will be far more enjoyable for me than running around as some old man/lady Thanks for this info bro! you've given me a little piece of hope for Will in the game lolz

Crazy_Mike1991

Sparrow
Reaction score
Just found out something epic. your tattoos will not only glow when casting spells, but also when charging for a flourish. ALSO! guns can be charged to do more damage (kind of like a gun flourish) but i dont think you do anything cool with the gun when you charge the shot, like you would with a sword or hammer

Soldato Romano

The Darkness
Reaction score
It was never said that magic ages your hero, this is a widespread misconception, someone misunderstood and the notion spread like wildfire. What was originally stated is that excessive magic use changes your hero's complexion. This does not automatically imply aging, it implies a change in the color, texture, and look of your hero's skin. In a more recent video, Peter elaborated that magic use will make your hero's skin glow (not to be mistaken for will lines).

Crazy_Mike1991

Sparrow
Reaction score
It was never said that magic ages your hero, this is a widespread misconception, someone misunderstood and the notion spread like wildfire. What was originally stated is that excessive magic use changes your hero's complexion. This does not automatically imply aging, it implies a change in the color, texture, and look of your hero's skin. In a more recent video, Peter elaborated that magic use will make your hero's skin glow (not to be mistaken for will lines).

thank god! being really old sucks ***!

Reaction score
And I have reliable sources.
Dev post 1
Dev post 2

So tattoos act as will lines (presumably when you are a magic user), and the will lines will take any shape that the tattoos have. Which is cool, means that will users won't all have the same patterns. And they're dynamic, changing color based on alignment. And they can be dyed, in case you don't like the default colors. And clothes can act the same way.

Ya so i assume the tattoo system will be way better than the first 2 games, like say you can have alot more and put them anywere, or make your own and connect them on your body. that'd be cool
Just found out something epic. your tattoos will not only glow when casting spells, but also when charging for a flourish. ALSO! guns can be charged to do more damage (kind of like a gun flourish) but i dont think you do anything cool with the gun when you charge the shot, like you would with a sword or hammer

As for the gun flourish, for some reason it popped in my mind when i read this that it'd be cool if you could like put will into your gun, or gun shot, like for example, at the end of the movie Ghost rider he makes his sawnoff shotty transform and shoot a fire ball thing, do u get wut im sayin?

Cody Costilla

Reaction score
thank god! being really old sucks ***!

We'll, yeah (Somebody sees mah point xD)

Wow! i REALLY hope that thats what they are doing. i actually find pale skin to be rather good looking (thats just me though lolz)

Lol pale skin does look good. Hmmm... i haz idea, get red eyes and your a vampire! =D

Anyways, im excited about the idea of changing the color of ur will lines.

Cody Costilla

Reaction score
You did. I had posted that Gothnak (Fable 3 dev) had posted at the Lionhead forums that tattoos are will lines, can be dyed, will change color based on alignment, will glow when using spells, and other stuff that I can't remember right now.

Yaaaaaaaaay! What should i choose? White? green? red? Oh the choices are endless! we'll, no actually.

Cody Costilla

Reaction score
Anyways, i think this thread is pretty much over until like some guy has updated info.. i speak for everyone when i say were all prob gonna let this thread die like 3 days after the games release.

Status
Not open for further replies.