• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Theresa, Fashion, age and touching people until they call the guards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richiofblades

Reaction score
Theresa, Fashion, age and touching people until they call the guards.

First off this thread is about us, me and you, the player, let's list the things we hated in fable two and are terrified of seeing again, the samples we've seen of fable 3 and are worried about,

and on the positive side the things we hope for in fable3 and of course the samples we've seen that make us cheery, peachy and all shades of giddy.

Theresa: Horrible idea. Lackluster carbon copy of Kreia(KOTOR 2). Transparent plot twist. After starting up fable 2 I realized the potential for choice, change and power were completely dashed by lionhead's desire to make you nothing more then a puppet for someone I killed in a prequel. Forced to dance ever so pathetically to Her completely obvious machinations, fable 2 became a game about finishing Theresa's story for her instead of ever hoping to live your own. My heart sank when I heard Her narrate the ad for 3, but some other poster who was far smarter then Me brought up that this might be an opportunity to kill her...a man can hope...

Atmoshphere: Fable has become synonymous with atmosphere that's just gorgeous and I hope I'm not disappointed in Fable 3.

The town system: I thought they were on to something with the town system in fable 2 and I'm very very anxious to see where they will take it now, this game promises to be a perfect combo of being a king and a hero which is bound to amp up the town control...but we all know to be suspicious of PM's promises..

Touch system: ...really? no I mean it's cool..it is. But why is this being so hyped up? It just doesn't seem that interesting at all, in fact they could've spent time developing something else.

Fashion: Tons of people were disappointed with the absence of armor, and the lack of clothing. So was I.

Will power makes You age faster: for the love of god WHY!? Is there really someone out there who can't wait to play a rickety old geezer in a heroic adventure game? maybe someone will get bored and want to play an old wizard or something but all this is going to do for most is turn them off further from will. They're already worried about the returning charge system and the will lines, and guns already dominate so absolutely it's like Lionhead wants to assure noone will use will powers.

Not being a child: Good. Not only have I never really cared about the child part, but I always get irritated within the first 5 seconds because of My sister whining about some stupid nonsense. Plus this might just pull fable away from that sappy family revenge story I'm forced to pretend I care about.

The country ruling mechanic: If it is all it's cracked up to be, Simba said it best:

I can't wait to be king.

The family system: It was very very shallow in fable 2, I hope they improve it for 3.

The dog: Felt like a silly gimmick in 2 like the new "touch" system is for 3, didn't really like it. However, he was adorable and I like how he changed with My alignment, I'm actually excited to see what they're going to do with the dog for 3.

Customization: *Drools*

Carries over choices from fable 2: If they actually put enough work into it this could be something I applaud quite a bit.

Let Me hear your opinions!

Benjamin510

God of rose returness.
Reaction score
Re: Theresa, Fashion, age and touching people until they call the guards.

Fashion: It seems much better in this game. It seems that Armour will return, so all your pleas have been answerd in this game.

Dog: That thing made up for the lab I never had, and in this game it seems smoother.

King: I agree. Simba DID say it best!

Customization: This makes it feel like you won't bne the same as everyone else in this game. New dyes. Over 80,000 new weapons that you can only gain thru morphing weapons. This has me drooling too.

Richiofblades

Reaction score

Benjamin510;421544 said:
Fashion: It seems much better in this game. It seems that Armour will return, so all your pleas have been answerd in this game.

Customization: This makes it feel like you won't bne the same as everyone else in this game. New dyes. Over 80,000 new weapons that you can only gain thru morphing weapons. This has me drooling too.

yes! I heard about the returning armor and I'm very glad about it, You can get the fanciest clothes around but nothing commands respect, especially in a kingly way, as armor in my opinion.

well said. that's the sad thing about rpg/adventure games, there's customization available but everyone always wants the strongest weapons (Daichi and red dragon anyone?) the steps taken in fable 3 look like they can fix that a bit.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Richiofblades;421546 said:
yes! I heard about the returning armor and I'm very glad about it, You can get the fanciest clothes around but nothing commands respect, especially in a kingly way, as armor in my opinion.

well said. that's the sad thing about rpg/adventure games, there's customization available but everyone always wants the strongest weapons (Daichi and red dragon anyone?) the steps taken in fable 3 look like they can fix that a bit.

You want respect? Kill anyone who stands in your way. Sure, they may hate you and/or run in fear but at least you're keeping your citizens in line and letting them know who owns them.

By the way, kings don't usually wear armor.

Oh and I don't use swords or guns or anything like that. I prefer going down the pure Will path and I intend on doing the same in Fable III, for better or for worse.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

I never really thought about how F3 would lack a child stage, but now that I am, I actually like that a lot too. It was too much time spent not really doing anything. The only important decision that you make drastically changes one area of the game, an area that you're only required to visit once.

I didn't mind the lack of armor in F2, but there appears to be at least one set in the new one. It's certainly a nice option that I may wear for a bit.

I kind of like Theresa, although I will be quite ****ed if they don't explain everything that I don't know about her in the game. She was kind of ruined because of her super serious voice that was supposed to be replied to with a cartoony "thumbs up/down" and an even more cartoon-like sound effect. It really just seems indecisive of Lionhead to try to do that, not in a good way. They should keep the comedic aspects of Fable away from the parts that are supposed to be serious.

Finally, I'm interested in how the economic stuff will change. I'd expect it to be rather important, being king and all. Hopefully it's not as easy to abuse (just buying weapons in Bowerstone Market, then selling them all for twice the price in Fairfax Gardens).

Richiofblades

Reaction score

GrimWhim;421638 said:
You want respect? Kill anyone who stands in your way. Sure, they may hate you and/or run in fear but at least you're keeping your citizens in line and letting them know who owns them.

By the way, kings don't usually wear armor.

Oh and I don't use swords or guns or anything like that. I prefer going down the pure Will path and I intend on doing the same in Fable III, for better or for worse.

Theresa stood in My way of having fun, and the game wouldn't let me kill her haha just sayin'

I know they don't, it really makes no sense I admit, of course they did on the battlefield in the past. I can't help it though when I think of kings I think of king richard, and he's on His crusade in epic noble looking armor. It just looks so right to me for some reason. And it doesn't really have to be ancient armor either, even some police, soldiers and prisoners wear armor today, it's just different.

Good luck with will, I liked raise dead in fable 2 actually, more power to you my friend.

POOP;421642 said:
I never really thought about how F3 would lack a child stage, but now that I am, I actually like that a lot too. It was too much time spent not really doing anything. The only important decision that you make drastically changes one area of the game, an area that you're only required to visit once.

I didn't mind the lack of armor in F2, but there appears to be at least one set in the new one. It's certainly a nice option that I may wear for a bit.

I kind of like Theresa, although I will be quite ****ed if they don't explain everything that I don't know about her in the game. She was kind of ruined because of her super serious voice that was supposed to be replied to with a cartoony "thumbs up/down" and an even more cartoon-like sound effect. It really just seems indecisive of Lionhead to try to do that, not in a good way. They should keep the comedic aspects of Fable away from the parts that are supposed to be serious.

Finally, I'm interested in how the economic stuff will change. I'd expect it to be rather important, being king and all. Hopefully it's not as easy to abuse (just buying weapons in Bowerstone Market, then selling them all for twice the price in Fairfax Gardens).

Pretty much summed up what I thought about the childhood sequences.

like i said I have no excuse for my irrational attraction to armor.

Giving her the thumbs down with the silly noise made me so happy lol.
I remember hearing Myself laugh at how I ruined her little super serious speech.

very true! I'm glad I'm not the only one looking forward to the evolution of the economy, and you know i didn't even realize how sales in 2 could really make your wallet explode until I bought all of a blacksmith's weapons for 75% off and did exactly what You said. I really wasn't complaining though.

Status
Not open for further replies.