• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Theresa: Murderer and Deciever

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Theresa: Murderer and Deciever

Theresa is the blind Seeress in the Fable Series.

In Fable I, she was the Hero's sister, captured during a bandit raid on Oakvale, blinded (her eyes were cut out by Twinblade), and forced to work under Twinblade and his Bandits. The Hero soon rescues her, and she is then put into safe care. At the end of Fable I, the Hero can kill her, or spare her, canonically the Hero spares her.

In Fable II we find an aged Theresa, with robes, and very intelligent. Though she is blind, she sees more than the normal eye. Able to translate sigils, markings, runes etc, Theresa's sight is far from disabled. She seems not to care whether or not the Hero is Good or Evil. It may be possible to assume she has been alive for so long by the same method as Scythe had, seeing as they're related.

The Bad Side of Theresa

Theresa seems to use the Hero of Bowerstone, she appears to use him and acquire the Spire. At the end of Fable II, she resides in the Spire, which she states 'is hers'. What could she want with the Spire?

Theresa seems to kill, deceive and more to get what she wants. When she discovers how pacifist Hammer is, she tells you "We need a Hero, not a pacifist monk". Soon after, one of Lucien's men kill the Abbot, and she vows to avenge his death. Could Theresa had sent this Spire Guard to kill the Abbot so she could sway Hammer to her side?

By looking at Theresa's movements, robes, and eyes, and comparing them to the Shadow Council Leader's movements, robes, and eyes, they could possibly be the same person. The SCLeader kept Reaver alive for so long. Could Theresa be this SCLeader, and is she keeping Reaver alive for something special, such as keeping the prophecy alive?

ronm100

Reaction score
Re: Theresa: Murderer and Deciever

She is a creepy human, not god

SandsOfTime404

Philanthropist
Reaction score

All very interesting. The answer to the Spire question is revealed in the See The Future DLC at the end.
She uses it to gaze into the future, and also reveals to you your future, a teaser for Fable III.
Overall I don't think Theresa is evil. Perhaps selfishly motivated (which leads to some evil acts), but at the core not evil.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

We've been through this all heaps before. Try the search botton next time. ;)