• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Thoughts on Fable III

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Husky

Thoughts on Fable III

Well, I've thoroughly played Fable I, and Fable II. I like them both, and I find myself still playing Fable: The lost chapters on my PC, and Fable II on my Xbox 360. I like the prospect of creating a character, building him up, them building a reputation, based on my choices and desires. This leads to very many awkward, enlightening, disturbing, or disgusting encounters.

If you play Fable II (and Fable I to some extent) with an open mind, and think deeply about the game and its many options, you can really learn alot. I've had many experiences myself that made me wonder, or doubt, or just enjoy. The power you have over others, and the path you create for the citizens for albion, good or bad, is all up to you.

I'm really looking forward to Fable III. Consider this, for those of you who are doubtful of the prospect of being the king, and being put in the spotlight as leader for the kingdom -- from what I've read, in posts and other websites: you're the frontman, the actual decider, the people who look up to you. Some of you may think that being the King may seem boring. You have taxes, legal boring stuff, and so much attention it seems astray from what you may understand Fable as.

Well, let me put some perspective on it. If Fable III allows you to be a King or not, Peter Molyneux has great potential, and it has been shown time and time again that he's no idiot, and very capable of putting out great games. I believe that he's going to shed some new light on other roles of the Fable universe, and he's going to allow you to be the very centerfold of the story that's going to be told. Once again, this isn't some namby pamby linear "this is what's going to happen". It's a "you decide". Regardless the past 2 games put you in the same place, you were a different person each time you came up to to that spot, yet the story didn't end there, there was much more to do after the main storyline ended. So open up to the potential, and not development technicalities.

Know that when Fable I, and Fable II were being released -- they were dealing with new technology, and also had to make their software functional, along with creating new dialogue, textures, models, ai, workable storylines, etc... the list goes on. Well, from what I understand now, they have the development experience from Fable I, and Fable II, PLUS having already developed the tech they need (for the Xbox 360) which will really cut down on the time needed for tech development. So what this means is they'll have more time to create new content, optimize, and rework what's already there. Which in my mind gives an impression that we'll see much more flexibility, and design awe both within the options we're given, and the quality of the world we'll be making those decisions in. Along we go...

I'm sure many of you read books, books are very good if you like to read them. Books narrate a story that's the same each time you read it. Consider what's been done with Fable already, it would have made a good (if not great) book, yet it's a GAME. You are in the middle *being* the story. Consider this as not some lone-outsider come to save the universe, but moreso you are the beloved King.

Which is where I come to my real point. Fable III will be without a doubt, the greatest game in the Fable series yet. Take into mind what being a King really means:

1. You have a say in what stays or goes
  2. You are loved by all
  3. Everyone knows you
  4. You have more potential to help (or destroy) than previously possible
  5. The decisions you make will be on a MUCH larger scale than previously

I actually have in mind battles that bring me back to fighting akin to Dynasty Warriors, where you're pretty much the general of an army right down in the midst of battle. Right up front where you're going to hold up your word, and ensure the safety of the people that (may or may not have) put you in charge. So to say to any extent that Fable III will be boring, or even mild... doesn't even register in my head.

If I see what I've seen in the past, along with what I'm told is coming in the future -- there should be no doubt that Fable III will be nothing less than great.

:D

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Thoughts on Fable III

it will follow the fable trend
1) PM announces new features in game, people are skeptical
2) footage is released, everyone suddenly loves the idea of it
3) game comes out and people think it isn't up to par with their expectations
4) they end up loving it anyway

this repeat has proven as constant as the business cycle :p

Phantom

фңαŋ╦♂М
Reaction score

Well I loved the becoming King in Fable II but the mere thought of having a Kings responsibilities and powers. Wow. Bring it on Peter.

I'm definitely with you Husky, pretty much in the same shoes. Loved Fable I and II and undoubtedly looking forward to the sequel.

GaEv

Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;337515 said:
it will follow the fable trend
1) PM announces new features in game, people are skeptical
2) footage is released, everyone suddenly loves the idea of it
3) game comes out and people think it isn't up to par with their expectations
4) they end up loving it anyway

this repeat has proven as constant as the business cycle :p

I bought Fable purely off of an advert I saw in a GAME newsletter type thing. It was the only place I saw it adervtised and before then I hadn't even heard about it.

So for the first game at least (and lost chapters) I completetly missed out on this cycle :)

H

Husky

GaEv;337799 said:
I bought Fable purely off of an advert I saw in a GAME newsletter type thing. It was the only place I saw it adervtised and before then I hadn't even heard about it.

So for the first game at least (and lost chapters) I completetly missed out on this cycle :)

Well, if you want good games, you gotta pay attention! :lol:

JacktheHero

Akatsuki Man
Reaction score

Hey wouldnt it be cool if by beating the game you could possibly become your Xbox avatar, but youd still have all of those clothes, armor pieces, and weapons. It would be an options: toggle on/off thing, ya know?:D

Joshman

Fortune Teller
Reaction score

That would be stupid.

X

Xeon

I just hope it will be harder and stuffed with secret weapons and easter eggs

Arladerus

Unknown Paladin
Reaction score

Being a completionist for Fable 3 will be a hell of a lot harder if it will be that way, Xeon.

Oh well, Assassin's Creed was kinda like that, I guess. But it got really repetitive.

Evil Scarecrow

Da Evilist MaPhucca
Reaction score

i already know im going to love this game, i was one of the few who liked fable 2 wen it FIRST came out...

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

Oh Yeah i better mention to you guys,
Im going to start a thread that was ideas about monsters and all that for fable 3, i've already came up with some ideas while i was at school mainly cause they need to make them better not saying that there bad or anything they should just make some more hardcore things.

So ill make that thread soon, you'll be welcome for all your surgestions on things.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Deleted by author..
No?
Well I'm not about to pay so I can delete my own posts, sorry

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Husky;337473 said:
...we'll see much more flexibility, and design awe both within the options we're given, and the quality of the world we'll be making those decisions in. Along we go...
Couldn't agree more.
Lionhead may be spending less time creating Fable III than Fable II - BUT because they already have the tech for the 360 everything will go much faster.
Can't wait :lol:

Edit:
Oh snap! I just double posted? Faaawk someone please delete the previous post
Pretty please with sugar on top ..?

Cain

Reaction score

Joe cobbold your a fag.
He was just suggesting an idea so there is no reason to insult him. if you want to be a troll fine but do it somewhere else.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

The White Knight;338973 said:
Joe cobbold your a fag.
He was just suggesting an idea so there is no reason to insult him. if you want to be a troll fine but do it somewhere else.
Hmm yeah that was uncalled for - oh and while we are at it!
I don't like your gamertag or your gamer picture, so - hah! :D

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score

my thoughts on fable 3... I just hope it doesn't transcend too far into the future. If you didn't notice (and if you really didn't notice, you won't make it far in life...) Fable 2 was a little more into the future from fable 1, and I guess that was alright but if F3 goes even further I will be a little disappointed, I loved the fact how Fable 1 was medieval/renaissance and Fable 2 was more towards the Elizabethen era. But any further than that, will suck. If they do go further, the primary sword (if it still exists) will probably be the Rapier, and screw that.

I just hope they keep a slight bit of Medieval-ness about it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Joe Cobbold;338660 said:
Nuff Said...

Not clever editing peoples quotes and also inciting flaming and ive seen you do this a number of times now so suggest you stop.

maddog

Reaction score

Is there going be the same hero from fable II

Status
Not open for further replies.