• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Thoughts on Fable IV Regions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafySuburb

a l'espirit libre
Reaction score
Top Ten Fable Area's...

1. The Forest Sanctum
2. Orchard Farm
3. Serenity Farm
4. Rose Cottage
5. Greatwood Gorge Demon Door
6.Snowspire (Northern Wastes)
7. Greatwood
8. Hero's Guild (For nostalgia's sake)
9. Bower Lake Gypsy Camp
10. Hook Coast
What area's made Fable special for you? I'm just curious because I personaly think these were the most beautifuly crafted area's in the series. They all have something special applied to them.. someone put a lot of care when designing them and it shows... any I've missed?

Bookwyrm12

Reaction score
Some sort of actual quest in Oakvale would be nice. Perhaps an evil side quest given to you by a spectre of some sort. This would take you to the new, evil Oakvale that Fable 2 neglects to let you explore properly, and it'd be epic if the quest involved going to an older Oakvale, either going back in time (possibly to be the one to tempt Reaver into betraying all of Oakvale for his immortality) or simply going into some sort of spirit realm where Oakvale still looks how it did in Fable 1, except with a slight wibbly-wobbly underwater effect and maybe a little mist. This would open up 2 amazing areas in one place which, in my opinion, would be epic ^^

A giant underground mine/forge would be nice; the atmosphere would have to be smokey (in the mine you can build in Fable 3, there's no smoke, and despite it being evil to make the place it doesn't look at all sinister or gloomy), with a slight red tint to emphesise the intense heat of the forges.

William Black's old palace, now worn and crumbling but somehow still standing, would be just amazing. (William Black, remember, was the first known person to use will power, and was the first archon of the old kingdom.) Now, in this place, I was thinking perhaps that there was still an intense magical atmosphere there; maybe Will's power still lingered? Maybe a group of willmasters protected the palace from the power that destroyed the old kingdom, and this magic still lingers? With this, all will would be amplified within the palace greatly (a sort of temporary buff that only lasted in one area), as well as skill and strength (maybe this power expanded to increasing the player's focus for physical abilities?)
This would 'evolve' spells while there; fireball would be like a meteor capable of destroying crumbling walls to open new areas, and slow time would take you, for the spell's duration, into the past before the palace before the end of the old kingdom. This could be used in puzzles of sorts, allowing the player to cross places that were blocked off before (for example, crossing a bridge that had broken, or going through a door that was sealed off by rubble.) Of course, if the player were anywhere dangerous (like standing on that bridge) when the spell wore off, the spell would have to take you back to where you first cast the spell. Anyway, I think this'd be a fun location.

The arctic. We don't get enough areas in any of the Fable games that actually make you explore; they all have roads telling you exactly where to go and there never seems to be anything away from those roads, around them yes, but never away from them. So the arctic would be a perfect place to have large areas that don't have any roads, where finding the cave with the epic loot is a bit of a challenge. It'd also be nice not to know where you'll find enemies for a change, since combat is so scripted and the roads tell you exactly where you'll find enemies and, worse yet, exactly what they are.

Somewhere underwater. Is it too much to ask to have someone make some sort of machine that crawls at the bottom of the ocean? Wouldn't it be epic to have, let's say, a mechanical crab or spiderlike creature that crawls on the ocean floor, with an underwater gun in one mechanical arm, a blade the size of the hero in the other, and with two rod things sticking out of both wrists that allow the hero to use willpower? This would also cause powers to change slightly, due to their being cast out of a giant metal crab's wrists a hundred feet under water.

Well, that's what I'd like to see as Fable 4 regions, no doubt we're going to but Fable 4 and find a load of unfamiliar, extremely generic places that we won't find interesting enough to explore.

Status
Not open for further replies.