• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Thunder vs Maze

MazeisMaze

Rattus Rattus
Reaction score
I just want to know what you guys think who would win. Brute strength or Intelligents. I personally think that Maze would win mainly because he's my favorite character.

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score
i think maze would win. Not only is maze the strongest will user in the guild, but he also has strength as well and could carve up thunder with his spear

Cain

Reaction score
Maze. He could beat Thunder without having to touch him.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Thunder would win. He is famous for never having lost a fight (until the Hero of Oakvale), and he is one of the only people to ever conquer the Arena in one go. Maze was too occupied with dealing with students and organizing the Guild to go off and adventure and complete quests like Thunder did. Age is also something to consider. Maze's old age would put him at a physical disadvantage. And Thunder's Will abilities aren't that far behind Maze's. Maze, however, doesn't have nearly the kind of physical strength that Thunder has. He barely hits you with his staff when you're fighting him at Hook Coast.

I don't really like Thunder. He is a complete dick to the Hero of Oakvale even if he spares Whisper and doesn't marry Lady Grey, but he's still one of the strongest and most powerful Heroes Albion has ever had.

MazeisMaze

Rattus Rattus
Reaction score
Well, I see it as Maze has more Intelligence. I'm not saying Thunder is stupid. It's just that while Thunder is doing quests Maze is studying making him to find weakness's of Thunder. But hey, that's just me.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
If we're going with backstory? Maybe thunder would win. But if we're going by who I think would REALLY win it'd have to be Maze.

TheKuehlman

Gamer of Games
Reaction score
I think Maze would win. Thunder is arrogant and reckless. Maze is a powerful will user and not to mention still physically capable. WIth his teleportation skills Thunder wouldn't even be able to get close while Maze incinerates him from afar.

MazeisMaze

Rattus Rattus
Reaction score
I think Maze would win. Thunder is arrogant and reckless. Maze is a powerful will user and not to mention still physically capable. WIth his teleportation skills Thunder wouldn't even be able to get close while Maze incinerates him from afar.
Are you new here? Well, I'm MazeisMaze but friends call me Maze

TheKuehlman

Gamer of Games
Reaction score
Are you new here? Well, I'm MazeisMaze but friends call me Maze

Yeah I'm pretty new, and I'm sure I'm missing some backstory on Thunder, but unless he can really keep up with Maze's teleport there's really no contest.

MazeisMaze

Rattus Rattus
Reaction score
Yeah I'm pretty new, and I'm sure I'm missing some backstory on Thunder, but unless he can really keep up with Maze's teleport there's really no contest.
From what I know Thunder's back story is that he went to Albion with Whisper as a baby and he had to protect her. I might be wrong

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
From what I know Thunder's back story is that he went to Albion with Whisper as a baby and he had to protect her. I might be wrong
Maze has it mostly right. According to the Oracle from Fable: TLC, Thunder was on board a ship with baby Whisper in his arms. They were on their way to Albion from Samarkand, but there was a massive storm that destroyed the ship. Thunder swam to Albion with Whisper and made a name for himself through a few quests.

I'm still not sure where Whisper stayed while she was growing up and Thunder was questing. Can't be the Guild cause she was only at the Guild a month before the Hero of Oakvale arrived there.

Oh, and welcome to the forums, Kuehlman!

Lenop

Boyish member
Reaction score
This goes to an age old question of which one is superior: magic or might. In a contest of sword and shield, Thunder would win hands down. In a contest of dark arts, Maze has the upper hand. It boils down to how well each uses what and how well they can defend against each other's attacks. For me it's just a question of time. The longer the battle, the more it favors Thunder. Maze has that physical shield, making him invulnerable. But he cannot regenerate power while using it and once Thunder beats on him long enough that shield dies and Maze has no power left to fight but physically, and in a melee matchup Thunder will win. He just needs to survive the magic attacks long enough to wear down the shield.

But let's not make this boring. There are other heroes who would object to this duel and or join in the fighting. Jack would want to ensure that his errand runner doesn't get killed over an idiotic comment like "I'd tap Whisper". Briar and her interest in scholarly wizardry and crap would make her partial to Maze as well. Whisper would side with Thunder, unless her lesbian romance with Briar in my slashfic* confuses her decision. >.> Weaver/Guildmaster would be more interested in stopping the fight, and has many abilities at his disposal to deter violence. Who knows if Nostro and Twinblade with their respective armies and any other formidable folks that I'm forgetting (Theresa? No.) might pop in at this very opportune moment to cause some chaos. What am I forgetting... oh and balverines are attacking.

Not boring anymore. But I'd rather not contemplate such a scenario.

*I do not write slashfics. Maybe I should.

Anvos

Reaction score
Going to have to go with Maze as the battle with him seems to hint that he knows combat teleportation and that would largely negate most of Thunder's skill set and make him waste energy running in circles.

Field_Mouse

Reaction score
Maze soooooo maze, did you see him in the begnining of the game? Going all sith lord on that bandit

TLC-FTW

Wearer of Jack's Mask
Reaction score
I'd say Maze would win through intellegence and well-placed teleporting. But Thunder is probably the more powerful combatant.