• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

tips for red dragon pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.

moneymoney56

Shadowfiend
Reaction score
tips for red dragon pistol

Hey everyone, this is just a first draft so please comment on what to improve. so heres what you need

Materials
Master turret pistol (trust me i promise it helps)
A lot of patience
Free time
Maxed out most archery skills (speed and dex. styles is a must)
A nice cold drink.

Ok, so for me, I tried to get this pistol and it took me FOREVER! I looked at so many guides, but they seemed to be for people who were REALLY REALLY good. (Not me I’m not the best, but I’m pretty good) I finally found out that the master turret pistol works best, after trying with several pistols (master clock, master flint. and steel flint.) It may be a slow reload time, but honestly speed is not the issue. The drink will come in handy if you get frustrated, and that will happen most likely. The archery skills are very useful, specially speed, because, well your faster. So here are some tips

1. AIM FOR HEADSHOTS!!!!! Kind of a given, but still have to say it

2. Get the Westcliff upgrade from Barnum before the spire quest, and then you shoot bandits not villagers.

3. NEVER EVER look at your score! It will discourage you and distract you

4. RELAX! Don’t think that you have to be the fastest and shoot super fast. Take as long as you need to aim a perfect headshot. Eventually aiming will get faster and then it’ll be easy. if you rush, you won’t get the BIG points. Just slow down and don’t fire like a madman.

5. Practice! Your probably not going to get it on your first try, so don’t expect yourself too. It took me a day and a half X.X all you want to do, is never look at the score like I said, but look at the results of all three rounds. Try to get higher or in the same general range every time you play. If you get 150 score one time, then a 60 score, then a 170 score, it means you’re too all over the place. Try to get a good general normal for your top score.

6. Lastly, after you hit a target, don’t just jump away, wait about three seconds to see if it pops up again. Sometimes you can get it to pop up 5 or more times in a row for MAJOR points!

All in all, just practice, stay calm, go slow, and don’t worry about your score. lots of guides tell you "count to 3 and get a headshot every three seconds" or "try to get XXX number of points this round" honestly i just relax, NEVER look at the score, it stresses you out, and take as much time as I need for a headshot. if you try to count out the score or seconds or number of headshots or whatever, you will get distracted and stressed about making enough points.

Also, try to hit targets that are all horizontally aligned, its easier and faster.

And if you think your too slow moving the crosshair, just wait; every time you play you will get faster!

I hope this helps a little, and I’d like to thank you for reading it! GOOD LUCK WITH THE RED DRAGON!!!!:ninja:

Sabbath

Om nom nom nom
Reaction score
Re: tips for red dragon pistol

also should add to not worry about one target. Don't always go for the hard targets (how the lady in the first stage of the range that hides behind the house pillar bar)

grado

Reaction score

actually i got it with a master flintlock pistol way better also you dont need speed, acuracy maxed out i got it mine was only lvl 3 ea

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

these tips actually helped me, exept i used a red dragon pistol to get one cuz i had bought one off some1 after giving up. i couldnt get over 135 before and i ended up getting 203 after readin this. thanks

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

Good tips, only I say use a clockwork pistol instead of a turret, because clockworks are faster to reload and damage does not matter. Red Dragon it difficult to get the first time, but with a little practice it becomes no problem at all, even with a flintlock.

Aristo

In Shade And Shadow
Premium
Reaction score

grado;367551 said:
actually i got it with a master flintlock pistol way better also you dont need speed, acuracy maxed out i got it mine was only lvl 3 ea

Yep me too and I got 202, one less than Evan here. I tried it with the turret weapons, but the reloading really screwed my rhythm up, same with the clockwork weapons. I can get 1st everytime now no problem, with master flintlock, it took me nearly thirty tries to really remember where they pop up and such then was a piece of cake. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.